jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Basketball (NBA, College, etc.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sangmin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Basketball (NBA, College, etc.) Reply with quote Back to top

why did they lose! ahhh last time i bet on them i thought the lakers were so good this season!!!

so is kobe leaving does anyonwe know?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: lakers Reply with quote Back to top

sangmin wrote:
why did they lose! ahhh last time i bet on them i thought the lakers were so good this season!!!

No effort. No heart. They got schooled big time. Very disappointing.

Quote:
so is kobe leaving does anyonwe know?

Unknown. He'll make more money here than anywhere else if he stays, but maybe he's tired of Shaq's bloated shadow....

And he still has to worry about possibly going to prison. Sad
eltinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If Kobe leaves he could always think about playing in San Antonio. They got heca cap room and hey they're a contender. Maybe Payton should consider trying his luck there as well
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
If Kobe leaves he could always think about playing in San Antonio. They got heca cap room and hey they're a contender. Maybe Payton should consider trying his luck there as well

The Spurs? Nahh. The talk is that if he does leave it'll be to the Clippers....
groink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The NBA experts are saying that Payton, now at age 35, should stay with the Lakers. They think he won't get any sort of a multi-year deal with another NBA team because of his age.

Maybe Kobe should consider playing for the Denver Nuggets!!! LOL! If he can turn that team around and get them past the 2nd round in the play-offs, then maybe his reputation in Colorado will improve... This, along with my prediction that he'll win the rape trial. If not, Kobe will instead play in the penal system league.

--- groink
eltinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

groink wrote:
The NBA experts are saying that Payton, now at age 35, should stay with the Lakers. They think he won't get any sort of a multi-year deal with another NBA team because of his age.

Maybe Kobe should consider playing for the Denver Nuggets!!! LOL! If he can turn that team around and get them past the 2nd round in the play-offs, then maybe his reputation in Colorado will improve... This, along with my prediction that he'll win the rape trial. If not, Kobe will instead play in the penal system league.

--- groink

Well the thing about payton is that he is not a role player. He needs to have a team built around him to be effective. He can't be like a Jason Kidd and distribute so whether he stays or not, he's pretty much ineffective. However there are plenty of western conference contenders who would try a 1 year stint with him and Payton doesn't want money right now, he wants a ring.

@bmw: I actually wonder why more players don't go to the Spurs. They got the cash and they got arguably the best player in the NBA in duncan. I'm pretty sure Nick Van Exel may land there if not back to Dallas but the Spursare 1 good player away from an NBA title.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

groink wrote:

Yep, I read that today... No one else will shell out $5.5M for him, particularly after his struggles in the playoffs...

Quote:

What an idea! hehe hehe THAT would be incredibly ironic. hehe hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
@bmw: I actually wonder why more players don't go to the Spurs. They got the cash and they got arguably the best player in the NBA in duncan. I'm pretty sure Nick Van Exel may land there if not back to Dallas but the Spursare 1 good player away from an NBA title.

With the Lakes breaking up, the Spurs could be the team to beat again with their current crew... But a team with Duncan, Parker, and Kobe would be pretty awesome... And Duncan is an unselfish player which I really admire. Big Grin Applaud
eltinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

With the Lakes breaking up, the Spurs could be the team to beat again with their current crew... But a team with Duncan, Parker, and Kobe would be pretty awesome... And Duncan is an unselfish player which I really admire. Big Grin Applaud

Yea Duncan is the epitome of what an NBA player should be like. Fundamentally sound, plays hard every game, great defense, and doesn't cause trouble. Take him out and the Spurs are next to crap but put him in and they win 50 games! Someone needs to give that guy some support! hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
Yea Duncan is the epitome of what an NBA player should be like. Fundamentally sound, plays hard every game, great defense, and doesn't cause trouble. Take him out and the Spurs are next to crap but put him in and they win 50 games! Someone needs to give that guy some support! hehe

Parker is their number two guy... He lit up the Lakes until they started bangin' him around... If they had another option, they woulda beat the Lakers...

Of course, the same could be said about the Lakers vs. Pistons. Sad
eltinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Parker is their number two guy... He lit up the Lakes until they started bangin' him around... If they had another option, they woulda beat the Lakers...

Of course, the same could be said about the Lakers vs. Pistons. Sad

Yea Parker is pretty good. I probably give him less credit than he deserves but I still don't like his jumper. He can penetrate but still needs to nail down that mid range jumper. Now if the Spurs had a guy like Stojakovic though, that could cause some havoc hehe hehe
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone do you hear that?...shhhhh........its the spokes of the Laker bandwagon breaking!! hehe No disrespect to Laker fans out there but they were beat fair and square. As for who goes where after this season i'm not to sure....well actually I lied...Kobe is going to prison! *GULP* Was I the only one whos straightforward enough to say it. Again no disrespect to Laker fans.
Its just my take on things.
ahochaude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THE LAKERS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

after reading how all about 11 NBA guys including a few from the lakers refused to join Team USA for the olympics - no sympathy.

lame excuses just cos they don't make money
pangit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yup the laker dynasty is about to fall apart...the general managers arent going to be shelling out big bucks for very expensive players who cant get them a championship.

kobe is either going to jail or play for a different team.

malone will most likely retire if not then move to a different team...but who would want him? hes old and not very effective.

payton will probably also leave too, i think i heard somewhere that he would go were malone will go. but payton isnt an effective player either. he only looked good and looked like he carried his seattle team only because that team wasnt really good.

well thats what i think, i know the lakers have more free agents on their team right now and im not sure whats up with them.

i also heard that phil will also leave...is that true?

one more thing. i would love to see the old chicago bulls dynasty go up against this new generation of basketball players and see how they do. what do you think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Takez0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I won 100 bucks betting they would lose Applaud
ahochaude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I should've put some money on it too but I'm too chicken sh*t to bet money. Bad memories from past mistakes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
THE LAKERS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we knew that since yesterday.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whisper wrote:
after reading how all about 11 NBA guys including a few from the lakers refused to join Team USA for the olympics - no sympathy.

lame excuses just cos they don't make money

I think they're more worried about possibly getting killed from a terrorist attack than not making money.... I think a number of athletes, not just b-ball players, are worried about that...
Slackey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takez0 wrote:
I won 100 bucks betting they would lose Applaud

I won $20 from my bro, $20 from my dad and $20 from a friend. They laughed at me for picking the Pistons over the Lakers! Girls don't know about basketball they says. Ha! Whose laughing now.

Anyway, the Lakers lost because they aren't a team. It's either give Kobe the ball or give Shaq the ball. It worked in the past because no one person was physically able to gaurd Shaq so he was usually double teamed leaving Kobe open. But the Pistons finally had what it took as Ben Wallace contained Shaq to an average of 24 pts (which is great considering Shaq avg. 36 pts going into the finals) and played unselfish ball with all the starters averaging ~20 pts a piece. Now the Pistons have to start working on resigning Wallace (shouldn't be problem though).

About Kobe going to the Spurs, I think it would be a good team with Duncan, Parker, and Bryant...but I'm not sure Kobe's ego can handle, not only NOT being the star, but possibly playing second to BOTH Duncan and Parker.

I'm sad that the Lakers lost though a little bit. I was hoping that Malone can finally get that championship he always wanted. Instead his team lost AND he was riding the pine most of the finals. Not a good way to end your career (seeing as I think it's likely he will retire). I haven't felt this bad for a player since Dan Marino!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369  Next
Page 1 of 369

Jump to: