jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Food, Food, and More Food Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 1259, 1260, 1261  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I'd like them to X-ray all of the contestants after the contest. I wanna see where it all goes... hehe

Reminds me of the JackAss episode when they X-rayed a guy with a broken tail bone, but you could also see his feces in the X-ray. hehe hehe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I'd like them to X-ray all of the contestants after the contest. I wanna see where it all goes... hehe

yea, i wonder how healthy eating all those hot dogs at one time are?? Crazy probably not very.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
Reminds me of the JackAss episode when they X-rayed a guy with a broken tail bone, but you could also see his feces in the X-ray. hehe hehe

Eeewwwww. Great imagery there. bleh
KouSeiya315

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:

You could also see his junk too, they were making fun of him for that hehe

Was it on the Jackass movie where Bam stuck the toy car up his butt and got x-rayed? That was funny too...

Anyway, yes, I'm hungry...I don't feel like making anything. I suppose instant ramen will do Bleah
Impression15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nah, it was the one where they tried to jump a broken wooden ramp with THE red wagon, the ramp broke, wagon and bam/some other dude flew, he landed on the wagon wrong and broke his tailbone.

saw a special on that 6lb burger on the food network waay back and they do have contests for ppl to eat it and "try" to finish it in a time limit. That burger would last me the whole day.

damn...now i need a beer after a long grueling day at work...too bad my stomachs empty eh
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
groink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Parasite Foods Reply with quote Back to top

Strange fad occuring in Japan... Earlier today, I was searching around for chocolate udon noodle dishes, which I happen to see in an episode of Hagure Keiji Junjoha 15. On the program, Detective Tazaki was introduced to what looked to be an ordinary bowl of udon noodles with the fixings. Instead, it turned out to be udon-style noodles made out of chocolate and flour, along with fishcake-looking pieces that were made of candy, and topped with whip cream.

In searching for a recipe to make the dessert dish, I stumbled across the following article... This is some FREAKY stuff!!!!

Chocolate-flavored potato chips not hard to swallow

By Ryann Connell
Staff Writer
June 26, 2004

Imagine chocolate sprinkled on a cup of steaming hot rice, or ice cream mixed with a sizzling bowl of udon noodles and you've got "parasite food," the latest food fad among Japan's young, according to Shukan Shincho (6/24).

"Parasite Foods" are the culinary concoctions that well and truly exceed the bounds of common sense, but are currently all the rage among Japan's hip set.

Take the mayora, the name being given to those who add mayonnaise to absolutely everything they eat. Then there's the pudding party, who show a preference for bread flavored with sticky custard pudding, or dumplings filled with the same dessert.

Adding chocolate to udon noodles seems a preposterous proposition, but just such a product is pulling in the punters.

So are chocolate flavored potato chips, which have prompted an enormous number of consumers to chomp away since Hokkaido-based confectioner Royce released them onto an unsuspecting but willing market last year.

"People seem to like the mix of salt and sweetness," a spokesman for Royce tells Shukan Shincho. "But we haven't done any research into products like hot rice covered in chocolate."

In Nagoya, where (sickly sweet) azuki beans on toast is a local delicacy, you can also find a cafe that is doing a roaring trade selling spaghetti with an azuki and sweetened whipped cream sauce.

Kyoto's Anba Sandwiches are getting brisk sales throughout the country of its revolting sandwiches with a filling that's a blend of coffee jelly, whipped cream and natto, a gooey, sticky paste created by fermented beans.

Writer Maruo Shioda is not surprised to see so many fans of fetid fare.

"Mayonnaise makes things taste a bit sweeter and chocolate, of course, has that effect," Shioda tells Shukan Shincho. "Japanese nowadays get used to eating sweet foods from childhood, so I suppose the sugary flavor people are now looking for suggests they're searching for something a little calming and therapeutic."

Source: http://210.173.172.29/waiwai/0406/0626parasitefood.html

--- groink
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An indirect follow-up to the "gravure" trend, perhaps?
eltinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried mayonaise with ramen and it tasted damn good, I'll have to try chocolate now too hehe hehe
groink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
I tried mayonaise with ramen and it tasted damn good, I'll have to try chocolate now too hehe hehe

HAAAAAH??????

Do you actually make an ordinary bowl of ramen, then put mayo on top? Or, do you mix the mayo in with the ramen? Basically, mayonaise is whipped egg and oil, so I could see this combination turning out to be good.

--- groink
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
I tried mayonaise with ramen and it tasted damn good

Were you sober at the time? Guh. bleh
Mr.ChoyBoi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chocolate covered rice does sound kind of interesting, but more as of a dessert rather than a accompanant to other dishes...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey ChoyBoi, wasn't there a segment on mayonnaise on that Saturday 8PM food show a couple of weeks back?

I had no idea the Japanese were so ga-ga about mayo. hehe
groink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay! I found the ep of the chocolate udon dish! I edited out the other parts and kept just the dessert parts. Besides the udon dish, there's also a pudding dish (looks like a mexican flan dish), mixed with shoyu... The girl says, "It tastes like sea urchin that way." UUUUUUUUUUGGGGH!!!!

Then later in the capture, Detective Tazaki introduces the dishes to her colleagues... You gotta see Yasuura's reaction -- it's classic!!!!!

http://groinksvr1.no-ip.org/pub/groink/captures/Hagure_Keiji_15-ep21-chocolate-udon.avi

21.0MB file size, DivX 5.x video codec required.

--- groink

Last edited by groink on Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
eltinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

groink wrote:

HAAAAAH??????

Do you actually make an ordinary bowl of ramen, then put mayo on top? Or, do you mix the mayo in with the ramen? Basically, mayonaise is whipped egg and oil, so I could see this combination turning out to be good.

--- groink

Just put hot water in a bowl of cup-o-noodles then I put the mayonaise on top and tried it and it tasted good. I mixed it up a bit with the soup and it tasted pretty rich. Although it's quite anti-good for the health, however, for those people who want to try this and not gain too many calories, try using fat free mayonsaise Big Grin Of course the regular mayo taste much better hehe
Mr.ChoyBoi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Hey ChoyBoi, wasn't there a segment on mayonnaise on that Saturday 8PM food show a couple of weeks back?

I had no idea the Japanese were so ga-ga about mayo. hehe

Im not too sure, I was in wasting my money in Vegas so I missed Dotchi... Shake Head
ahochaude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, lately in Japan they are eating all kinds of weird food combinations.

Bleah. Heard about it already, and I still will not try it at all, fad or not. bleh bleh bleh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
Yeah, lately in Japan they are eating all kinds of weird food combinations.

Bleah. Heard about it already, and I still will not try it at all, fad or not. bleh bleh bleh

Wise man. Applaud
Xavio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Waw !! bleh Shocked

What are you eating ? Come in France to see what good food is Sweat Sweat Sweat
antok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Some drama I saw a while back had a girl who put mayonaise in her ramen. Now I'm wondering which one...
groink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

antok wrote:
Hmm... Some drama I saw a while back had a girl who put mayonaise in her ramen. Now I'm wondering which one...

Would you happen to remember if in the scene the characters made a big deal out of the fact that she put the mayo in her ramen? Or, was it just something you saw her do and no one mentioned it (i.e. seeing someone putting ketchup on french fries is no big deal at all).

--- groink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 1259, 1260, 1261  Next
Page 32 of 1261

Jump to: