jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japan - News/General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 163, 164, 165  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Woman complains to cops after the hitman she hired fails to get the job done

A woman who hired a hitman to murder the wife of her lover, and then complained to police when he didn't do the job, has been arrested along with the hitman, police said.

The murderous intentions of Eriko Kawaguchi, a Tokyo Fire Fighting Department employee, came to light after she complained to police because the hitman didn't carry out the job, although she paid him about 15 million yen.

"I came to know that the wife gave birth and then I felt betrayed (by the lover)," Tama Chuo Police Station officers quoted Kawaguchi as saying about her motive for hiring the hitman.

Kawaguchi, from the Tokyo suburb of Tama, phoned Takaharu Tabe, 40, from Kunitachi, after she read Tabe's web page on the Internet in November last year, police said.

In January this year, Kawaguchi met Tabe in Tachikawa, requesting that he murder the wife of her lover.

In due course she paid him a total of some 15 million yen for the murder and the costs of tailing and keeping watch on the target.

Tabe offered to murder the target by taking her on a motorbike into a tunnel and pouring poisonous bacteria over her.

Tabe then showed photos of the home and working place of the woman to Kawaguchi.

He even gave white powder to Kawaguchi and said he used it to murder the 32-year-old target.

But the wife of Kawaguchi's lover was never attacked and recently gave birth.

Six months later, Kawaguchi then went to the Tama Chuo Police Station and made a complaint, police said. Officers are grilling Tabe about the possibility of other murder contracts. (Mainichi)

September 15, 2005
rujen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WTF! wen u think u've heard everything! this woman defines stupidity. she literally sold herself to the cops. omg these people. I mean if u were the mastermind of a murder plot would u go to the cops and complain of a fail assasination attempt? no! stupid woman. oh well she got what was coming.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rujen wrote:
WTF! wen u think u've heard everything! this woman defines stupidity. she literally sold herself to the cops. omg these people. I mean if u were the mastermind of a murder plot would u go to the cops and complain of a fail assasination attempt? no! stupid woman. oh well she got what was coming.

exactly! that's what is so incredibly perplexing about this story...it defies all logic and common sense....definitely one of the dumbest things i've ever heard...
Enna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rujen wrote:

I think she got confused. She thought the Police were the Better Business Bureau!!!!! She wanted her 'hit' money back!!!! rofl Crazy
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enna wrote:

I think she got confused. She thought the Police were the Better Business Bureau!!!!! She wanted her 'hit' money back!!!! rofl Crazy

seriously...i know service is great in japan but i didn't realize they had a money back gurantee on murder contracts.... Crazy
Enna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enna wrote:

I think she got confused. She thought the Police were the Better Business Bureau!!!!! She wanted her 'hit' money back!!!!
Tu_triky wrote:

seriously...i know service is great in japan but i didn't realize they had a money back gurantee on murder contracts....

Next time she should take out some 'hitman' insurance! hehe Rolling eyes
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enna wrote:

Next time she should take out some 'hitman' insurance! hehe Rolling eyes

hehe. you know somebody probably sells it in the u.s. already so it shouldn't be a problem.

by the way check this out....it's funneeh as hell, good clean chuckles.

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/grandpajapan.html
Enna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

hehe. you know somebody probably sells it in the u.s. already so it shouldn't be a problem.
by the way check this out....it's funneeh as hell, good clean chuckle

That was some funny stuff!!!!!! I heard of the 'gangsta lean' but never the Grandpa lean!!!! rofl Thanks Tu_triky! Applaud
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enna wrote:

That was some funny stuff!!!!!! I heard of the 'gangsta lean' but never the Grandpa lean!!!! rofl Thanks Tu_triky! Applaud

lol. no worries..you seem like a cool head so i had to share that bit of comedy with you...please do the same with your friends and acquaintances...it's quite funny!
Enna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

lol. no worries..you seem like a cool head so i had to share that bit of comedy with you...please do the same with your friends and acquaintances...it's quite funny!

Why thanks Tu_triky! Funny is funny and it needs no language. I got a few friends and family members who are gonna be thanking you too! Thanx! Thumbsup
maazu_reilo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

by the way check this out....it's funneeh as hell, good clean chuckles.

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/grandpajapan.html

Hahahaha!!!! This is so funny rofl rofl Bonk Bonk
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: About Female Otaku in Japan Reply with quote Back to top

Gal geeks jump aboard 'hip to be square' boom

Japan's otaku are getting a feminine touch, according to Spa! (9/13).

That's not to say that the unwashed minions of geeks who've become Japan's latest consumer power brokers have suddenly turned their attention to what have until now been "yucky" girls.

Instead, it seems a huge section of the otaku market is in fact held up by women who're jumping on the "hip to be square" bandwagon.

Much has been made in the Japanese media recently about the otaku business and how, according to the Hamagin Research Institute Ltd.'s estimate that the moe sangyo, or otaku business, contributes 88.8 billion yen to the economy annually.

While some argue that Japan is caught up in an "Otaku Bubble" where the value of the nerd business has become over-inflated, Hamagin's Shinichi Shinano, who drew up the initial report on the sector says, thanks to gal geeks, we ain't seen nothin' yet.

"This 88.8 billion market is only comprised of otaku publications, movies and games. It didn't include related merchandise or contents directed at women," Shinano tells Spa! "I don't know the exact figure, but I guess if you added these markets on, the worth of the otaku business might even go over 10 billion yen. You've got to note, though, that men's and women's are always blending further together and that women buy a lot more merchandise than guys. The female otaku market is certainly one worth watching for the future."

Shinano may be right. About 30 percent of all readers of Shonen Jump, Japan's biggest selling weekly manga with a circulation of millions, are women. Gals also account for about 70 percent of attendees at Komike, the huge biannual trade show of the amateur and semi-professional comics, manga, anime and games that are collectively known as dojinshi.

"It was the game sector that first took notice of women and the spread is an extension of that fact. With the declining birthrate, sellers have had no choice but to expand out from the traditional market of males in their early teens to late 20s. With the children of baby boomers now in their 30s, there's already a million fewer 20-somethings than there was a generation ago, and the decline is only going to become greater," Shinano says. "What's more, women are said to bond stronger with the products they buy than men, do, so chances are good that once they buy something they'll keep on buying. If you can tap into the latent demand, there's certain to be a profitable market under the surface."

Like men, Japanese women are marrying at a later age, if at all. Shinano estimates that the number of single women in their 30s living in Tokyo and the three neighboring prefectures will grow 42 percent from the existing 197,000 to 279,000 in five years time.

"These women have packed away about 200 billion yen in disposable income," Shinano tells Spa! "They'll use a lot of that for things like travel, but there is certainly enough left over for them to help sustain the otaku business." (By Ryann Connell)

September 15, 2005
kanae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: About Japan Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if someone knows about how coin lockers work
at a station in Japan, I read that you can find these lockers at train stations, but I don't understand the purpose of them, maybe someone
around here lives in Japan and could explain the reason.....thanks
dochira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's useful if you plan to take a day trip somewhere and don't want to carry lots of things. It's basically temporary storage. Of course you could always leave it where you are staying.

*Please try to use "Japanese" or the abbreviation "Jpn" instead of "Jap" in the future. See http://www.jdorama.com/viewtopic.22.htm for more background.
ahochaude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Topic name has been changed in relevance to the topic.

Kanae, next time, please name the topic in relevance to it's content. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if I am being rude, but coin lockers can be found in train stations all around the world, not just japan.

I have to say they are quite handy when one is travelling. If you were backpacking it is a nice central place to store ones stuff, remembering that hotels rooms arenot usually available until the afternoon.
Toranaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

koolaid's right. You can find such lockers in Europe too. Depending on the trainstation and the city you're in they even vary in size.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: the pride of japan...from the mainichi daily news Reply with quote Back to top

Breast-grabbing drunk tackled on station platform
CHIBA -- A Chiba City official was arrested for fondling the breasts of a woman on a JR Chiba station platform after drinking Friday night, police said.

Atsushi Ogura, 26, an official of the Chiba Municipal Government's tax section, grabbed the breasts of a 29-year-old woman when they passed each other on the platform at about 11:35 p.m.

A man accompanying the woman subdued Ogura on the platform before he was arrested by police officers.

Ogura was apparently on his way home after drinking. He has admitted to the allegations. (Mainichi)

October 1, 2005
ahochaude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perv. Rolling eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
Perv. Rolling eyes

it's great that he works for the gov't because it appears that it heightened his sense of civic duty.... hehe

i don't know what's in the beer over there but surprisingly (or not) these stories are not that uncommon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 163, 164, 165  Next
Page 30 of 165

Jump to: