jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougFunnieee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I started Kiken na Aneki, and I even made a topic about it. Watch it!
makky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tnx eve... Mr Green

so kimtaku was already a member of SMAP when he did the asunaru...

hontoni arigatou gozaimashita... Mr Green

Last edited by makky on Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DougFunnieee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I finished Pride. Good show... now it's time to finish My Little Chef and Moto Kare.
makky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

now watching golden bowl (on my second time) and heaven's coin...
Eve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

makky wrote:
now watching golden bowl (on my second time) and heaven's coin...

Adore Golden Bowl. A huge favorite of mine. Thumbsup
Ive seen it more than once too.

Midway through Moto Kare.
Its not great but Im enjoying it. Big Grin

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
makky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

Adore Golden Bowl. A huge favorite of mine. Thumbsup
Ive seen it more than once too.

Midway through Moto Kare.
Its not great but Im enjoying it. Big Grin

because golden bowl is now showing here in the philippines..that's why im watching it again. and also heaven's coin Mr Green

but on my collection..its asunaru hakusho..im on my 9th cd...

if you are going to rate moto kare, how would that be?
Eve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

makky wrote:
if you are going to rate moto kare, how would that be?

I like it title of He's my Boyfriend better than Ex-boyfriend. Its more appropriate.
Im only midway through so I dont want to commit:
But so far Id say 7 out of 10. Certainly entertaining. Dohmoto is quite sweet in it. Big Grin

boris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently in the middle of Orange Days and Kinpachi Sensei 6.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

boris wrote:
Currently in the middle of Orange Days and Kinpachi Sensei 6.

Both great dramas Mr Green Victory! Peace!

Too bad for me, when Sai did her sign language in Ep 2 where she tells Kai to translate all that sign for Keita.....she did it too fast. I would like to learn and memorize how to do it hehe

I'm up to Ep 22 now for Kinpachi Sensei.
A tad bit disappointed in how things went, but still happy too. I was hopin things be different for one of the character, one you get there we can talk bout it. Don't want to mention which character or what happens. I'm sure you like the drama. I love this one. Gave it a 10/10 before finishing it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched the first two episodes of Shopping Hero.
It was amusing but doesnt seem to have anywhere to go. Shake Head

Still watching Shopping Hero.
It has a strangely addictive quality.
4 eps down.
Now time for a few minutes of Beach Wars Mix. Victory! Peace!

Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finished Oyaji the other day and I have to admit I enjoyed it more than I expected to. (I'm not a big Masakazu Tamura fan.)

Family comedy, conflict, heart ache, triumph of the family spirit...you know the drill.

Two notes: 1) I wonder why they keep pairing Hitomi Kuroko with Tamura. She's way to young to be his wife of 30 years.

2) Yukiko Ishida.

I've seen Ishida in half a dozen dramas, and been totally apathetic about her. Not a great beauty. Not a great actress. Not a great anything.

But in "Oyaji", I thought she glowed. I thought she absolutely stole the whole show. Suddenly I find myself wanting to rewatch the other shows I've seen her in. I want to go out and trade for, or download other shows she's been in that I haven't seen.

I love it when this happens. It doesn't come along often, but when it does, it's just great!

I've moved onto "Love & Fight". Sadly I only have the 4 episodes that j-tv put up, so I really won't have much of a chance to form an opinion. But boy are these three girls pretty.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
I finished Oyaji the other day and I have to admit I enjoyed it more than I expected to. (I'm not a big Masakazu Tamura fan.)

Family comedy, conflict, heart ache, triumph of the family spirit...you know the drill.

Two notes: 1) I wonder why they keep pairing Hitomi Kuroko with Tamura. She's way to young to be his wife of 30 years.

that show was dayem funneeh...about Hitomi

--------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Mainichi Daily News.

Fresh-faced drama queen told to act her age

Hitomi Kuroki should "take a leaf out of the books of Hollywood actresses, who'll make themselves look really fat or really ugly ..."
Japan's 40-something empress of the airwaves is copping flak for refusing to use make-up that will make her look old, according to Shukan Jitsuwa (11/17).

Hitomi Kuroki is arguably Japan's hottest female performer, with the wildly popular 45-year-old roundly praised for her cheerful attitude and knockout looks.

But it's a different matter when it comes to Kuroki's thespianism.

Kuroki's attitude to acting is coming under fire, with TV drama production insiders accusing her of putting on airs by refusing to allow herself to be made up to look older than she really is.

"She acts the same in every role," Shukan Jitsuwa hears from a young producer with network TBS, which is making Kuroki's current show "Koi no Jikan."

"When she appeared in (another TV drama) 'Namida Soso,' she played the part of an elderly woman, but all she did to make herself look older was wear this ridiculous looking white wig. There wasn't a single wrinkle on her face at all. I suppose she thinks she can get by with her acting skills, but she really should take a leaf out of the books of Hollywood actresses, who'll make themselves look really fat or really ugly if that's what the part involves. I suppose she thinks that wearing the wig's enough."

Kuroki also played a grandmother figure in yet another drama last year, "Sato Kibiki Batake no Uta," in which she performed alongside Sanma Akashiya for NTV.

"She didn't have any make-up wrinkles when she performed then, either," a producer with NTV tells Shukan Jitsuwa. "There's no realism to her performances, which detracts from the atmosphere created in other parts of the show. I don't know what she's thinking."

A Kuroki pal offers little support for the actress, who first made her name as a performer in the Takarazuka all-girl dance troupe more than two decades ago.

"She probably thinks that being convincing in the role of an old lady is all she needs to make the part work," the buddy says. "That's fine if her acting is up to scratch. Frankly, though, Kuroki's acting career basically ended when she left Takarazuka. Everybody around her keeps telling her what a great housewife role she plays and now she probably thinks she's a fantastic actress."

The unnamed friend tells the men's weekly that despite the doubts about Kuroki's performances, there's little likelihood that anybody will approach her about them directly.

"Kuroki has the backing of a really powerful producer known as a 'TV drama genius.' Network executives love the guy and give him whatever he wants," the buddy tells Shukan Jitsuwa. "I'd love to be able to tell the producer that Kuroki has him right where she wants him." (By Ryann Connell)

November 4, 2005
Eve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hitomi certainly looks too young for the 30th year anniversary role.

Personally I can cut her some slack. She really is great looking!Thumbsup

Guess not every actress can play Gertrude Stein. hehe hehe

On the 9 ep of Moto Kare.
Find myself rooting for Hirosue, who Ive never really liked before, to beat out Rina. Shows you never can tell. Yeah
Now its time for more Shopping Hero. Big Grin

qilver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hana Yori Dango

Moto Kare (still waiting for the last three eps to finish d/l'ing Sweat )
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:
Hitomi certainly looks too young for the 30th year anniversary role.

Personally I can cut her some slack. She really is great looking!Thumbsup

Guess not every actress can play Gertrude Stein. hehe hehe

certainly...the woman's youthful look defies the laws of nature
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Kinpachi Sensei 6 this morning.
The Graduation Special ep got me teary eyes Puppy Dog Eyes
Glad to have watched this one.

Up Next, Sekai no Chuushin<---hoped i spelled this right. Going to watch Densha Otoko after.
Hope i receive these in the mail soon *I'll let you know when i get it Q buddy* Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hana Yori Dango
Young of Kindaichi

It's not a drama but I've finished TOKYO TOWER ( a very good movie)
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky

Re: That article on Hitomi. Jeez, what wild hair got up that guy's butt?

Well, I finished watching my 4 episodes of "Koi wa Tataki" (Love and FIght) and I have to say... I shouldn't have started an incomplete series. It was fun, and I want to see more... and who knows if the rest of the show will ever turn up.

Honjo looks great and is doing a nice job of shouldering the load.

Hosho is loosening up and allowing herself to play comic relief... and she's doing a great job.

And Sakai is, as always, a chameleon. One of these days she's gonna get credit for her ability to play everying from a mouse to a lion, and everything inbetween.

Oh well.

If I get the discs in the mail today I think I might follow Eve's lead and
watch Moto Kare next.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Tu_triky

Re: That article on Hitomi. Jeez, what wild hair got up that guy's butt?

lol...dunno i posted it because it seemed timely given your comment about how hitomi often plays the housewife.....in any event i agree the critic's vitrolic response seems a bit too much. haters.... Shake Head
Swedish_Japan_Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

right now im watching: engimono (not done with that yet) 1 rittoru no namida, hana yori dango, nobuta wo produce and 15 sai no blues Mr Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 144 of 1375

Jump to: