jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Internet-Related Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes!

Victory! Peace!
tabana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard Norika Fujiwara always wanted to be a bond girl. Maybe she could be your assistant or intern. Naughty hehe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
I've heard Norika Fujiwara always wanted to be a bond girl. Maybe she could be your assistant or intern. Naughty hehe

Norika gets Octopussy-whipped over her Bond-age fantasy

Norika Fujiwara is begging for it.One of Japan's most popular celebrities is hell bent on proving to the world that she can match it with the likes of Pussy Galore and Holly Goodhead.

But Norika Fujiwara is in the rather embarrassing situation of having a question mark hanging over her about whether she has the thespian skills needed to be a Bond girl, notes Shukan Shincho (8/12-19).

Norika -- the leggy, 33-year-old star of B-grade movies, countless TV variety shows and commercials and a roving cultural ambassador -- has apparently upped the ante in her quest to become the next babe to tackle 007.

"Norika has been saying for years how she wants to be a Bond girl," an entertainment beat reporter tells Shukan Shincho. "She started working in earnest about three years ago by putting more effort into polishing her English skills. She went to stay with a family in New York for one month."

Back in Gotham again in June, Norika gave a speech in English at a reception the UN held to mark her exhibition of photos taken while on a humanitarian mission in Afghanistan.

"A friend who dined with Norika in New York said she wants to go back to the States this autumn to study more English. She really wants to master the language," an American event planning company insider says. "Everything she is doing is geared toward making her into a Bond girl."

While multi-talented Norika is undoubtedly keen to show she is every bit as good as Octopussy, how do independent observers fancy her chances of showing she has Plenty O'Toole where she needs it?

"I wouldn't say her chances are absolutely zero," a movie distribution company source tells Shukan Shincho. "A couple of years ago, a 007 scenario was published with the story taking place on Naoshima, a small island with a population of about 3,600 in Kagawa Prefecture. The story is about a summit meeting being held on the island and threatened by yakuza terrorists with James Bond assigned to ensure the safety of the convention. If this story ends up being filmed and Japan is chosen as a location for shooting, Norika may well get the chance to become a Bond girl."

Respected movie critic Reiko Kitagawa notes that while facing an adoring Japanese audience, Norika may well have a license to thrill, but on a world stage the Goldfinger showed to her could well be a middle one.

"(Norika) has got too much of a moonface, her expression is poor and her acting skills non-existent," the critic says, seemingly forgetting that it's usually a couple of other assets rather than thespianism that has influenced the choice of many past Bond girls. "(Norika) hasn't got what it takes to be a Bond girl. She has no idea of how limited her abilities really are. I kinda feel sorry for her."

Celebrity reporter Masaru Nashimoto concurs.

"Right now, Norika's acting career is at the crossroads. There was a stage once upon a time when there were serious discussions about her taking on Hollywood. She'd come from nowhere to dominate the TV commercial world and then moved into movies," Japan's most famous glitterati scribe tells Shukan Shincho. "Unfortunately, Norika didn't have what was needed to show she deserved all the praise that was being showered on her. In the end, it all comes down to the fact that she just can't act."

August 6, 2004
qilver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:

was she in the Love Generation series with Takuya Kimura?
tabana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:
was she in the Love Generation series with Takuya Kimura?

Yep. Thumbsup I remember her mostly for Sutaa no Koi.

Tu_triky I think it's the same article I've read a long time ago. Thanks. Smile

There's also Misaki Itoh who made a voice for a game IIRC.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:

yeah i posted pix of misaki in the bond game in her thread a while back.
tabana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. I'll check that out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:

really?....cool.
krim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you've seen the craptacular movie "China Strike Force", you'd know she doesn't have the skills to be in a major Hollywood role.

she's hot though, no doubt.
argon007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am using shawcable in Canada, but I am a Taiwanese.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw an AT&T/SBC/Yahoo! internet commercial for $12.99/month.

For the first year.
littlemissfab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

For the first year.

and how much the ff year?

i have had sbc dsl for the longest time and we're paying freaking almost $50/month
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
qilver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

For the first year.

do it. hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

littlemissfab wrote:
and how much the ff year?

Probably $30. bleh
dochira

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Probably $30. bleh

You'll have one year to scope things out. Wink
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, should I merge this thread with the Computers thread?

Or maybe the BT thread? Head Scratch
krim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

seems that this should be it's own thread, if it's dealing with only connections.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
seems that this should be it's own thread, if it's dealing with only connections.

I suppose you're right... It did sink down quite a ways.
krim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

seems if you can hit this thread, your connection is probably fine. hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
seems if you can hit this thread, your connection is probably fine. hehe

I did hear a discrete ping. hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 16 of 26

Jump to: