jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
I'm Going To Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 566, 567, 568  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qilver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

he drinks rain and loves train.

the ultimate Densha Otoko, without Hermes.....
this dude is the RAIL...and the Station...talk about major obsession. Shake Head
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:

the ultimate Densha Otoko, without Hermes.....
this dude is the RAIL...and the Station...talk about major obsession. Shake Head

he changed his named to Chikatetsu-san (Subway-san)
dochira

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
wow.
im a little jealous... i still dont know what i want to do and he's dedicated his life to something so intangible. Shameful Cry

He chose that over visiting his dying father...

...and my little quest to visit all the Fry's just sounded really pathetic now....if it wasn't earlier. Puppy Dog Eyes
qilver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

He chose that over visiting his dying father...

...and my little quest to visit all the Fry's just sounded really pathetic now....if it wasn't earlier. Puppy Dog Eyes

i haven't been to the Anaheim one yet....
is it bigger and newer than the FV Fry's?

the SJ Fry's is ok...but the s'vale one kicks ass.... Applaud
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:

the SJ Fry's is ok...but the s'vale one kicks ass.... Applaud

the one in palo alto sizzucks.....
dochira

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:

Not sure.

I wonder if he photographed himself at each station...or was the drawings enough? Head Scratch
qilver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

the one in palo alto sizzucks.....

never been to that one before...
but speaking of Palo....they got a IKEA over there now...went there once
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:

never been to that one before...
but speaking of Palo....they got a IKEA over there now...went there once

when i leaved up north the only ikea was the one in emeryville.
qilver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

when i leaved up north the only ikea was the one in emeryville.

i think they opened that one in Palo a few years ago... Victory! Peace!
ahochaude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:

cool....asahi Thumbsup
what about Sake, Shochu, got machines for those in Japan? i didn't see any though

Have yet to see vending machines that supply shochu.

That's alright though, the beer is sufficient for me. Beaten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

my man..the quest of life is not so easily solved for the many...he found bliss in the train....you aspire to higher things.

I suppose i could go visit all the El's in the county... Crazy hehe
Andro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's decided! I'm going to Japan, to Nagoya in October for a semester and I'll start to learn japanese. I'm coming back in April. OK, in the first time, I'll take privite lessons in the school. I hope I can make it, it's my dream since 6 years to go to Japan once. And it seems, my dream comes true this time.
kenjilina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andro wrote:
It's decided! I'm going to Japan, to Nagoya in October for a semester and I'll start to learn japanese. I'm coming back in April. OK, in the first time, I'll take privite lessons in the school. I hope I can make it, it's my dream since 6 years to go to Japan once. And it seems, my dream comes true this time.

hey, go for it. you'll love it i'm sure. ganbatte kudasai. Victory! Peace!
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Arts & Entertainment
MANGA ON THE MOVE

Cellphone Comics Are Latest Commuter Pastime (May 30, 2006)

In years gone by, books and magazines were about the only option for commuters on Japan's trains and subways looking to wile away time. Then came the mobile phone. Soon, people started using their tiny handsets to send and receive e-mail, play videogames, and surf the Internet while on the move. Now there is another diversion on the list - downloading and reading manga comics. Using cell phones to view manga is one of the newest and fastest-growing applications of mobile technology in Japan.

Cheaper Is Better
These downloadable comics are one of the major factors driving the explosive growth of Japan's market for digital books. This entire market was worth \4.5 billion ($41 million at \110 to the dollar) in fiscal 2004, more than double the previous year's figure of \1.8 billion ($16 million), according to a report by Impress Holdings, Inc. One of the fastest growing areas of this market was content for mobile phones, a sector valued at around \1.2 billion ($11 million) during fiscal 2004.

Helping drive this growth are the falling prices of such services for end users. Cell-phone providers have been introducing flat-rate data-transfer packages, allowing readers to download large amounts of content without having to worry about the cost.

Manga for mobile phones, which first became available a few years ago, are more than just electronic versions of the original paper-based comics. So as not to cause strain or confusion when viewed on handsets' small screens, the individual frames that make up the manga are separated so that they can be displayed like a slide show. Special features, such as making the handsets shake during action scenes, enhance the viewing experience.

In response to the comics' growing popularity, there has been a proliferation in the number of websites offering downloads and in the number of titles available. The first such sites were Comic-I and Comic C�fMOA, operated by NTT Solmare Corp. The sites offer such manga favorites as Salaryman Kintaro, Hokuto no Ken(Fist of the North Star), and Lupin the Third. Since the services' introduction in 2004, more than 20 million paid downloads have been made as of mid-April 2006.

Popular titles of Sony Pictures Entertainment (Japan) Inc. from years past are constantly being added to the offerings. These include the works of Umezu Kazuo, creator of Hyouryu Kyoushitsu (Drifting Classroom), and Mizuki Shigeru of Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro fame. Original titles are also being rolled out exclusively for the handset medium.

Secrets of Success
Apart from the ever-increasing range of titles, two main factors appear to be behind the comics' success. One is their low prices of around \40 to \60 (40¢ to 60¢) per story, which makes them quite a bargain. The other is convenience. Readers can download only those comics that they want to read, as opposed to paying for a whole magazine with numerous comic strips in it. Not only that, but readers of electronic comics need not deal with the burden of carrying around bulky magazines.

When the comics were first offered, most were aimed at men, particularly office workers who commute on public transportation. But the number of female readers has since grown rapidly, now that reading from mobile phones is considered cool. In response, publishers are working on providing female-oriented comics for mobile-phone subscribers. This development may provide an additional boost to the market - from men who are fans of girls' comics but would be embarrassed to be seen buying such magazines in stores.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sex workers on the ball with World Cup fever

Soccer's World Cup kicks off in Germany later this month and Japan's ever-inventive adult services have come up with loads of innovative ball-playing games to mark the world's single biggest sporting event, according to Spa! (6/6).

Mania Space, a Tokyo club targeting masochistic men, in a twist on the tradional "Spot the Ball" competiton has come up with a World Cup-themed ball game designed to appeal to its target audience.

Called the Three Kick Penalty Playoff, customers are initially sat down naked on the floor with their legs spread apart. The woman servicing them stands some distance away with a soccer ball placed on a penalty spot.

She then takes a kick, aiming for the part of the customer where it'd probably hurt most if hit with a flying soccer ball. The customer, meanwhile, has to use his feet to try and stop the lady of the night's penalty kick. If the customer stops the ball with both feet, he wins. If the ball hits his balls, he loses.

Winners in the best-of-three contest are entitled to a 3,000 yen discount on their service charge, while losers can look forward to the penalty of the worker grinding her high-heeled foot into their groin.

Luckily for customers, Juuri, one of the girls working the club, doesn't seem the type out to hurt the customers.

"I just love cuddling masochistic men," the 27-year-old brothel worker tells Spa!

Takara Junnu in Tokyo's Nippori district normally charges 9,000 yen for a 45-minute session, but if customers can name at least three members of Japan's 23-member squad for the World Cup, they'll be able to get their member manipulated at the special price of 7,000 yen for 40 minutes.

In Saitama Prefecture's Nishi Kawaguchi Tsukai Sekuhara, a pub that specializes in offering services where customers can choose to sexually harass a worker or be sexually harassed, all customers will be entitled to 3,000 yen off for the duration of the soccer extravaganza.

Clients of call-girl service Joule will be able to claim 2,000 yen off the charge of any service they receive during the World Cup simply by ending the phone call in which they made their reservation by screaming out, "Ganbare Nippon! (Go Japan!)," the war cry of Japan's samurai soccer stars.

Similarly, saying "Nippon Gambare" when booking a session at the Gotanda Maruhi Kurabu in southern Tokyo entitles the customer to receive a special private G-string strip in front of their eyes before being presented with the removed undergarment as a souvenir of their session. (By Ryann Connell)

June 1, 2006
qilver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andro wrote:

good for you, i'm sure you will enjoy Japan. w00t!
kenjilina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

took a trip to visit fujisan. what a stunning piece of scenery!

this was on the coach on the way.
qilver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
Arts & Entertainment
MANGA ON THE MOVE

Cellphone Comics Are Latest Commuter Pastime (May 30, 2006)

In years gone by, books and magazines were about the only option for commuters on Japan's trains and subways looking to wile away time. Then came the mobile phone. Soon, people started using their tiny handsets to send and receive e-mail, play videogames, and surf the Internet while on the move. Now there is another diversion on the list - downloading and reading manga comics. Using cell phones to view manga is one of the newest and fastest-growing applications of mobile technology in Japan.

Cheaper Is Better
These downloadable comics are one of the major factors driving the explosive growth of Japan's market for digital books. This entire market was worth \4.5 billion ($41 million at \110 to the dollar) in fiscal 2004, more than double the previous year's figure of \1.8 billion ($16 million), according to a report by Impress Holdings, Inc. One of the fastest growing areas of this market was content for mobile phones, a sector valued at around \1.2 billion ($11 million) during fiscal 2004.

Helping drive this growth are the falling prices of such services for end users. Cell-phone providers have been introducing flat-rate data-transfer packages, allowing readers to download large amounts of content without having to worry about the cost.

Manga for mobile phones, which first became available a few years ago, are more than just electronic versions of the original paper-based comics. So as not to cause strain or confusion when viewed on handsets' small screens, the individual frames that make up the manga are separated so that they can be displayed like a slide show. Special features, such as making the handsets shake during action scenes, enhance the viewing experience.

In response to the comics' growing popularity, there has been a proliferation in the number of websites offering downloads and in the number of titles available. The first such sites were Comic-I and Comic C�fMOA, operated by NTT Solmare Corp. The sites offer such manga favorites as Salaryman Kintaro, Hokuto no Ken(Fist of the North Star), and Lupin the Third. Since the services' introduction in 2004, more than 20 million paid downloads have been made as of mid-April 2006.

Popular titles of Sony Pictures Entertainment (Japan) Inc. from years past are constantly being added to the offerings. These include the works of Umezu Kazuo, creator of Hyouryu Kyoushitsu (Drifting Classroom), and Mizuki Shigeru of Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro fame. Original titles are also being rolled out exclusively for the handset medium.

Secrets of Success
Apart from the ever-increasing range of titles, two main factors appear to be behind the comics' success. One is their low prices of around \40 to \60 (40¢ to 60¢) per story, which makes them quite a bargain. The other is convenience. Readers can download only those comics that they want to read, as opposed to paying for a whole magazine with numerous comic strips in it. Not only that, but readers of electronic comics need not deal with the burden of carrying around bulky magazines.

When the comics were first offered, most were aimed at men, particularly office workers who commute on public transportation. But the number of female readers has since grown rapidly, now that reading from mobile phones is considered cool. In response, publishers are working on providing female-oriented comics for mobile-phone subscribers. This development may provide an additional boost to the market - from men who are fans of girls' comics but would be embarrassed to be seen buying such magazines in stores.

wow, manga on a cell phone, only the japanese....what'll they think of next... Crazy hehe
Saito_Hajime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:
wow, manga on a cell phone, only the japanese....what'll they think of next... Crazy hehe

Yeah, their technology is really advanced. That news is good, but I like the other one better

Tu_triky wrote:
Sex workers on the ball with World Cup fever

Soccer's World Cup kicks off in Germany later this month and Japan's ever-inventive adult services have come up with loads of innovative ball-playing games to mark the world's single biggest sporting event, according to Spa! (6/6).

Mania Space, a Tokyo club targeting masochistic men, in a twist on the tradional "Spot the Ball" competiton has come up with a World Cup-themed ball game designed to appeal to its target audience.

Called the Three Kick Penalty Playoff, customers are initially sat down naked on the floor with their legs spread apart. The woman servicing them stands some distance away with a soccer ball placed on a penalty spot.

She then takes a kick, aiming for the part of the customer where it'd probably hurt most if hit with a flying soccer ball. The customer, meanwhile, has to use his feet to try and stop the lady of the night's penalty kick. If the customer stops the ball with both feet, he wins. If the ball hits his balls, he loses.

Winners in the best-of-three contest are entitled to a 3,000 yen discount on their service charge, while losers can look forward to the penalty of the worker grinding her high-heeled foot into their groin.

Luckily for customers, Juuri, one of the girls working the club, doesn't seem the type out to hurt the customers.

"I just love cuddling masochistic men," the 27-year-old brothel worker tells Spa!

Takara Junnu in Tokyo's Nippori district normally charges 9,000 yen for a 45-minute session, but if customers can name at least three members of Japan's 23-member squad for the World Cup, they'll be able to get their member manipulated at the special price of 7,000 yen for 40 minutes.

In Saitama Prefecture's Nishi Kawaguchi Tsukai Sekuhara, a pub that specializes in offering services where customers can choose to sexually harass a worker or be sexually harassed, all customers will be entitled to 3,000 yen off for the duration of the soccer extravaganza.

Clients of call-girl service Joule will be able to claim 2,000 yen off the charge of any service they receive during the World Cup simply by ending the phone call in which they made their reservation by screaming out, "Ganbare Nippon! (Go Japan!)," the war cry of Japan's samurai soccer stars.

Similarly, saying "Nippon Gambare" when booking a session at the Gotanda Maruhi Kurabu in southern Tokyo entitles the customer to receive a special private G-string strip in front of their eyes before being presented with the removed undergarment as a souvenir of their session. (By Ryann Connell)

June 1, 2006

It's a must-win situation in a game like this Mr Green hehe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Saito_Hajime wrote:

It's a must-win situation in a game like this Mr Green hehe

what a game....how creative, only the japanese can think of this...lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 566, 567, 568  Next
Page 206 of 568

Jump to: