jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Watashi no Aozora
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuukaba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Watashi no Aozora Reply with quote Back to top

Recently I found a Japanese dorama on TV late at night. I live in New York and its on WNYE which is a local station run by I belive the city, it's a pbs-type station. The dorama is called Watashi no Aozora and its about a single mother named Nazuna and her son Taiyo and such. However, I tuned in somewhere around episode 50 and I can't seem to find any sites at all about this doroma, and I can't even find it listed on this site ^^;; I would like very much to find more information about this show because picking up in the middle I know there's a lot I missed....and I'm only just now starting to figure out who's related to who. Has anyone else seen this dorama? Maybe if someone else has seen it they'll have an idea of what's going on.....or someone can maybe point me to a site (English or Japanese is fine, at least I can try to figure it out) thanks for your help
~Fuukaba
enau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Watashi no Aozora? Reply with quote Back to top

fuukaba wrote:
Recently I found a Japanese dorama on TV late at night. I live in New York and its on WNYE which is a local station run by I belive the city, it's a pbs-type station. The dorama is called Watashi no Aozora and its about a single mother named Nazuna and her son Taiyo and such. However, I tuned in somewhere around episode 50 and I can't seem to find any sites at all about this doroma, and I can't even find it listed on this site ^^;; I would like very much to find more information about this show because picking up in the middle I know there's a lot I missed....and I'm only just now starting to figure out who's related to who. Has anyone else seen this dorama? Maybe if someone else has seen it they'll have an idea of what's going on.....or someone can maybe point me to a site (English or Japanese is fine, at least I can try to figure it out) thanks for your help
~Fuukaba

Courtesy of MICO Sales Division :

MY BLUE SKY

156 x 15 min., Japanese final mix, Japanese script, 2000

Kick Open the Doors of Life!

Nazuna and Kento are about to wed. Suddenly, a mysterious "other woman" intervenes. "What about your dream?" she asks Kento. At this, Kento runs off with the parvenue, leaving the bride stunned. Kento has gone to pursue his dream of becoming a boxer. The husband thief is the daughter of a gym owner. Unbeknown to Kento, Nazuna is pregnant by him. When Nazuna finally sees Kento, a year later, he is boxing. He loses the fight and cries pathetically for comfort. Nazuna decides that she does not need Kento. Life is not easy for a single mother, but Nazuna's new life in crowded Tokyo has just begun.

Main Actors: Tomoko Tabata, Takuma Shinoda, Shiro Ito, Mariko Kaga, Michitaka Tsutsui

My Blue Sky Returns

8 x 43 min., Japanese final mix, Japanese script, 2002

Hey, hands off my... well, he's not my husband, but he's mine!

Back by popular demand, the My Blue Sky saga continues! Whatever happened to the spunky Nazuna, her hale baby, Taiyo, and Kento, the man who left them for a life of professional boxing? When we left off with Nazuna two years ago, she had decided to keep her baby and stay in Tokyo after being abandoned at the alter. Life as a single mom wasn't easy, but she and her son managed to make a cozy life for themselves.
This time around, Kento and Nazuna have now reconciled, and although not married, they live in separate apartments across the way, each pursing their dreams. Taiyo, about to start fourth grade, enjoys the support of both his parents, with an out-of-the-ordinary family situation working surprisingly well.
Reality crashes in when Kento falls in love with another woman. Reserved and shy, Koyuki is the polar opposite of the energetic, straight-talking Nazuna. For better or worse, Nazuna and Taiyo are forced to take a second look at their unique family structure.
The gloves come out when Nazuna decides to face her opponent head on and fight for the family she had so carefully constructed. Watch out, all bets are off!

Starring:
Tomoko Tabata, Takuma Shinoda, Michitaka Tsutsui, Rei Kikukawa, Ken Miyake, Kanako Fukaura, Shiro Ito

Last edited by enau on Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
enau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the official website of Watashi no Aozora, check this link :

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/drama/archives/aozora2002/
enau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Tomoko Tabata Reply with quote Back to top

Eventhough I've never watched Watashi no Aozora before but I think the lead actress Miss Tomoko Tabata is very kawaiiiii Lovey Eyes Lovey Eyes Lovey Eyes
I saw her performance in Tentai Kanzoku / Searchin' For My Polestar by the way. Applaud

fuukaba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you so much! Actually now I'm not sure if I'm watching the original series (which I think I am) or the newer one, but this really helps ^^ thanks
enau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fuukaba wrote:
thank you so much! Actually now I'm not sure if I'm watching the original series (which I think I am) or the newer one, but this really helps ^^ thanks

Sure thing fuukaba Good

I'm guessing the different between "Watashi no Aozora" the original and the newer version is the appearance of this actress :

She is Rei Kikukawa who plays the character Koyuki in the newer version. She's the love competitor of Nazuna (Tomoko Tabata).
fuukaba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, then I'm pretty sure I'm still watching the original series. The series is right up to where Taiyo was just in Ooma to thank Nazuna's father for the money to play soccer, and it left off with Taiyo at Jouji's house getting ready for the good-bye party.

I must say Gen-chan has something cute about him Sweat
enau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fuukaba wrote:
yeah, then I'm pretty sure I'm still watching the original series. The series is right up to where Taiyo was just in Ooma to thank Nazuna's father for the money to play soccer, and it left off with Taiyo at Jouji's house getting ready for the good-bye party.

I must say Gen-chan has something cute about him Sweat

Sounds interesting. Smile
Hopefully someday I'll have the chance to watch that series too....eventhough dunno when. Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Mr Green
pirtybirdy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: My Blue Sky Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my goodness! It's good to find someone else in NY who loves this show!! I love it too! Every sunday night at 11pm, my eyes are glued to this show. Someone told me on the japan-guide.com forum that there are 156 15 minute episodes of the 2002 shows. If you notice, they break about three times "to be continued". We must be getting 3 episodes each week. I wonder too how many episodes are left. I'd hate to see it end, I think they should make some more! I want to see Kento and Mr. Amamiya duke it out for Nazuna. I'm not so excited to see the guy from the ice house going out with her. He's a nice and good hearted guy, but.... I'm moving soon, so I hope to find a place that has this station on it, otherwise I'll have withdrawals! Big Grin Big Grin When it does end, I hope they put another good show that has captured my interest as much as this one has. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
UWFShooter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The guy from the ice house is played by pro wrestler Atsushi Onita. And here I was thinking he faked the voice, but he really speaks like that.

Kento vs. Amamiya? Kento would kill the guy...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pirtybirdy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL!! Yeah, I know physically Kento would beat Amamiya to a pulp, but I meant in the arena of courting. I'd like to see them both vying for Nazuna, it makes it interesting. I like Taiyo also, but they let that kid make decisions that he is too young to make. They should just say it's gonna be this way because we are adults and we know better. Big Grin Big Grin
tetsujin_1000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!

I starting watching this series in September of last year (episodes 28-30), and was hooked on it immediately. It was interesting to find this site, and other people that like the series and characters.

I found that the episodes for the 2000 and 2002 series are available on DVD. You can also get a CD with the soundtrack from the series.

The DVDs are Region 2, and will NOT play in a standard North American DVD player. There are multi-region players available, however, that will play discs from anywhere. I am not sure if the DVDs have subtitles, so knowledge of spoken Japanese might be necessary.

The following links will take you to a pages on the various products available. Click on the large photo in the description to go to the Amazon Japan site to make a purchase:

Watashi no Aozora - Sountrack CD:
http://www.hoshinet.jp/shop/CD/-05HJXD/

Watashi no Aozora - 2000 - DVD box set:
http://www.hoshinet.jp/shop/DVD/-06JJ9K/

Watashi no Aozora - 2002 - DVD box set:
http://www.hoshinet.jp/shop/DVD/-06RTBV/

Has anyone here seen or purchased any of these items? I would be interested to know what you think.
caliagent#3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ARRRGGG!!!!!!

Did u guys see the last episode!?!?!?! i was out of town and missed it i think. last night i turn it to wnye and find that they started a new dorama!! Did any of u happen to record the last episode of watashi no aozora? If u can make a torrent of it so i can dl it i would really appreciate it. Or better yet if u have it on tape and u can't get it on your comp. i wouldn't mind meeting u somewhere so i can get it. LOL, or at the very least, someone can post a semi detailed synopsis of what happened. I NEED TO KNOW HOW IT ENDED Google
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ you could just ask some 1 to trade with ya..or go to BURUBURU.. and get it on DVD Wink

http://jdorama.com/viewtopic_2706.htm
Nacho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone from So. Cal watching Watashi no Aozora? Right now it showed episode 51. It's a slapped in the face for Nozuna that Taiyo preferred to live with Kento. All that struggle of raising him and this is the thanks she gets. But at the same time, i can understand Taiyo's reason--he is alone, which is scary for a little kid.
pirtybirdy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I wish I'd known, I would have taped it! My sister usually tapes it for me, since I had moved and the new cable system didn't have WNYE, but I was at my sister's that night when the last episode came on. It all ended rather quickly. All that build up, and I was disappointed with the end. Taiyo did get his voice back. Nazuna was gonna marry Kento, but then because Taiyo said they didn't have to, they decided not to. Kento was to move out again, and be a trainer at the gym. Taiyo and Nazuna walk off happily ever after, Chiyoko was off to America to assist boxers there. To me, it just seemed all the loose ends were tied very hastily all in one episode. Ya know what I mean? I hope they do more of this series. I guess if it's two years since the last one, they ain't doing another one. Bummer. I liked grandpa joji(kento's dad). I liked how Nazuna's dad used to yell at him to "speak Japanese" when he would speak English!LOL!! Prince is a hotty. Mr. Amamiya moved away. He got a good job at the company at a place where he was sure to be able to do some more womanizing, which is his favorite thing to do. Matsu left also. That was stupid. I'm trying to jog my memory about other things that happened. Anyway, great series. Too bad it had to end!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I liked this asadora, underrated imho. There was also a sequel Watashi no Aozora 2002 but, like most sequels, not nearly as good as the original. Shake Head
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa, over three years and this thread is exhumed... Beaten Sweat
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cori wrote:
Quote:
Only thing I can see that would irritate me is that Fukaura Kanako is in it. (She was so easy to hate in Watashi no Aozora that I still dislike her.)
    For me, it was Tsutusi Michitaka as Kento. Everytime I saw him, I'd say to myself, "Nazuna oughta kick your ass you bum!!"
    ralphm1999

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought WNA was exceptinally boring. * months of watching a less than pretty gal sitting in a kitchen mopping or in the school cafe mopping or mopping. No real romance or comedy.... just an endless blah... U Suck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: