jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japan - News/General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 163, 164, 165  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tabana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

This may sound heartless, but I ain't losing sleep over that.

I'm surprise it didn't get the Special shot at the veterinary.

Part of the article: The pooch died Friday, just short of his 15th birthday, his owner said. �gI don�ft think there�fll ever be another Sam,�h Susie Lockheed said, adding: �gSome people would think that�fs a good thing.�h

Duh. hehe
gaijin mark wrote:
    You REALLY need to put up some kind of a warning to people before they click on those links. bleh

Sorry. Sweat
thtl wrote:

A picture of Tackey would have been more than sufficient to prove your point. Leave the poor mutt alone.

lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tell-all actress blasts Japanese showbiz world

Mariko Ishihara"Bubble era" actress Mariko Ishihara -- currently receiving blanket coverage from the Japanese language media for her newly released tell-all autobiography -- slammed the '80s entertainment world Friday during a news conference at the Foreign Correspondents Club of Japan in Tokyo.

Ishihara's "Fuzoroi na Himitsu" tells a story of violence, suicide, scandal, sex and harassment among the glitterati two decades ago, a time she said was "oppressive" but had given way to a more positive era.

"Japanese society has been changing in a good way. People are more opinionated. They talk about their opinions and hopes and the things they want to do. They were not allowed to do that in the '80s. Not because they were told (that), but there were unwritten rules. I think I was a victim of that Japanese, or Asian, way of thinking," Ishihara said in English, which she continued speaking throughout the conference before about 200 representatives of the Japanese language media and a handful of non-Japanese journalists.

Ishihara, whose book has also attracted attention for "naming names" in a country where it is common even for the mainstream media to often refer to people only by initials, claimed that during her long-term '80s relationship with singer Koji Tamaki, he frequently beat and kicked her, including one occasion that left her with a broken pelvis requiring a month of hospitalization.

The book also tells of how she and Tamaki, who was married to another woman at the time he and Ishihara were cohabiting lovers, had tried to commit suicide together to escape the pressure of the tabloid media tracking them down.

"(Suicide) happens a lot among celebrities because of the job. People follow you everywhere. Especially in the '80s. We had rules. It was almost like a box we can't get out of. A box Japanese society made," Ishihara said.

Ishihara also said the Japanese media had "misunderstood" her about the 13 stars she names in her book as having dated in the '80s. Ishihara -- who made a point of not mentioning any names during the media conference -- claimed the men, who included such stars as Sanma Akashiya and Hiromi Go, helped her get over what had been a "traumatic" relationship with Tamaki.

Ishihara, who left Japan in 1991 while still one of the country's biggest actresses to "become an ordinary person" in the United States during a 15-year stay there, also lashed out at the bullying that went on in the Japanese entertainment world, saying that people ganged up on others.

Ishihara also touched on her knowledge of the casting couch.

"When I was shooting a movie, producers or directors would say, not directly with words, but starting with an agent, or people around you, that you should sleep with producers or directors to get the job," Ishihara said. "I didn't do that. I don't know what percentage of actresses did that, but I often encountered that in the '80s."

But Ishihara said since her return from the United States, she had noticed positive changes, such as a greater respect for women and creativity among performers.

"I want people who are changing in a good way to not go back to the way that they were in the '80s. I'm very honored that this country has been changing, entertainment world-wise. I think the Japanese entertainment world will be more successful," she said. "As I've seen since I came back from the United States, people are allowed to talk about any topics you can let out. That kind of new rule, I'm very proud of. That was what I wanted to say the most in this book." (By Ryann Connell, Staff Writer)
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Science & Technology
HOT NEW HAIR DRYER
Matsushita Hits It Big with Latest Nanocare Model

(December 8, 2006)

An image of "nanoe ions" flowing from the dryer (Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.)

Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.'s latest model in the Nanocare series of hair dryers has been making waves since its release in July 2006. At nearly \20,000 ($167 at \120 to the dollar), the Nanocare dryer costs considerably more than its rivals, most of which have negative-ion capabilities and are priced around \3,000 ($25). But thanks to its "nanoe ion" generator, which reduces frizz and makes hair strong and lustrous, it has become a hot seller. The product appears to have won the hearts not just of the women consumers it originally targeted but of men as well, especially those concerned about hair loss.

Removes Oily Buildup
The Nanocare EH5441, of which 110,000 units were sold in the first three months after its release, is equipped with a device that uses electricity to break down airborne moisture into micro droplets, which are delivered together with a stream of hot air. The minute droplets have a radius of 18 nanometers (a nanometer is a billionth of a meter) and contain minus ions. When they are sprayed on the head, oil that has built up on the scalp is loosened, making it easier to wash away. A subsequent shampoo leaves users feeling refreshed and reportedly makes hair lustrous and supple.

Matsushita originally used the "nanoe ion" label on an air purifier that it marketed in 2003. The technology not only eliminated indoor odors but had anti-bacterial properties as well, and the air purifier was a big seller. The company began looking into other applications and eventually found that the ions are also good for the skin and hair. This led to its use in hair dryers.

The Nanocare EH5441 (Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.)
Big Hit Among Men Too
Over the past few years, the domestic market for hair dryers has hovered between 4.3 and 4.6 million units annually, with no expectations of further growth. At the same time, a price war has unfolded among manufacturers, pushing prices at major appliance chains down to low levels.

Matsushita seems to have hit upon a device that may beat this trend by winning not only women but also men, who have traditionally shown little interest in these products. Ordinary hair dryers can cause hair to become too dry and frayed at the ends, but the "nanoe ion" dryer helps the ends to retain moisture, and women appreciate that this keeps their hair smooth and silky. But it is not only women who are attracted by this product. The company says a number of men have sent messages describing how they no longer have problems with an oily scalp and other benefits of the new "nanoe ion" dryer.
phoenix278

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
Science & Technology
HOT NEW HAIR DRYER
Matsushita Hits It Big with Latest Nanocare Model

(December 8, 2006)

An image of "nanoe ions" flowing from the dryer (Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.)

Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.'s latest model in the Nanocare series of hair dryers has been making waves since its release in July 2006. At nearly \20,000 ($167 at \120 to the dollar), the Nanocare dryer costs considerably more than its rivals, most of which have negative-ion capabilities and are priced around \3,000 ($25). But thanks to its "nanoe ion" generator, which reduces frizz and makes hair strong and lustrous, it has become a hot seller. The product appears to have won the hearts not just of the women consumers it originally targeted but of men as well, especially those concerned about hair loss.

Removes Oily Buildup
The Nanocare EH5441, of which 110,000 units were sold in the first three months after its release, is equipped with a device that uses electricity to break down airborne moisture into micro droplets, which are delivered together with a stream of hot air. The minute droplets have a radius of 18 nanometers (a nanometer is a billionth of a meter) and contain minus ions. When they are sprayed on the head, oil that has built up on the scalp is loosened, making it easier to wash away. A subsequent shampoo leaves users feeling refreshed and reportedly makes hair lustrous and supple.

Matsushita originally used the "nanoe ion" label on an air purifier that it marketed in 2003. The technology not only eliminated indoor odors but had anti-bacterial properties as well, and the air purifier was a big seller. The company began looking into other applications and eventually found that the ions are also good for the skin and hair. This led to its use in hair dryers.

The Nanocare EH5441 (Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.)
Big Hit Among Men Too
Over the past few years, the domestic market for hair dryers has hovered between 4.3 and 4.6 million units annually, with no expectations of further growth. At the same time, a price war has unfolded among manufacturers, pushing prices at major appliance chains down to low levels.

Matsushita seems to have hit upon a device that may beat this trend by winning not only women but also men, who have traditionally shown little interest in these products. Ordinary hair dryers can cause hair to become too dry and frayed at the ends, but the "nanoe ion" dryer helps the ends to retain moisture, and women appreciate that this keeps their hair smooth and silky. But it is not only women who are attracted by this product. The company says a number of men have sent messages describing how they no longer have problems with an oily scalp and other benefits of the new "nanoe ion" dryer.

U definately find the coolest news! Good Nut
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

phoenix278 wrote:

U definately find the coolest news! Good Nut

i like the trippy gadgets and technology the japanese come out with...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What happens if the relative humidity is 1%?

Maybe it's a Death Ray in the absence of humidity. hehe
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
What happens if the relative humidity is 1%?

Maybe it's a Death Ray in the absence of humidity. hehe

haha...it certainly looks like a prop from an Ultraman set.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

Exactly. Victory! Peace!
Raining JHan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

It would dbe interesting to use though? i think my ma would love it rofl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man who kicked women with nail-embedded shoes handed suspended sentence

A man who injured two women by inserting nails in his shoes and kicking them in the legs avoided jail Wednesday after being handed a suspended prison sentence.

In a ruling on Wednesday, the Tokyo District sentenced the man, 32-year-old Seitaro Kasai, to 2 1/2-years' imprisonment, suspended for five years, and confiscated two pairs of shoes from him.

During the hearing Judge Yasutsune Kawada blasted Kasai's actions.

"They were selfish and mean crimes in which the defendant gratified himself with sexual excitement from seeing women suffering," the judge said.

Kasai was convicted of inserting nails in his shoes that stuck out from the toe area, and attaching the steel cutters from adhesive tape dispensers to his shoes, then using the shoes to kick two women in the legs on a road near JR Shibuya Station in Tokyo between April and June this year.

The women, aged 25 and 28, suffered injuries requiring one to three weeks' treatment, according to the ruling. (Mainichi)
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No explanation why he was released.

All he got was a verbal lashing, that's it??

Looks like Japan's justice system is as screwed up as ours. Shake Head
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
No explanation why he was released.

All he got was a verbal lashing, that's it??

Looks like Japan's justice system is as screwed up as ours. Shake Head

yeah i was quite stunneed by what i read....that's just fuggin' malicious, man.
Raining JHan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
Man who kicked women with nail-embedded shoes handed suspended sentence

A man who injured two women by inserting nails in his shoes and kicking them in the legs avoided jail Wednesday after being handed a suspended prison sentence.

In a ruling on Wednesday, the Tokyo District sentenced the man, 32-year-old Seitaro Kasai, to 2 1/2-years' imprisonment, suspended for five years, and confiscated two pairs of shoes from him.

During the hearing Judge Yasutsune Kawada blasted Kasai's actions.

"They were selfish and mean crimes in which the defendant gratified himself with sexual excitement from seeing women suffering," the judge said.

Kasai was convicted of inserting nails in his shoes that stuck out from the toe area, and attaching the steel cutters from adhesive tape dispensers to his shoes, then using the shoes to kick two women in the legs on a road near JR Shibuya Station in Tokyo between April and June this year.

The women, aged 25 and 28, suffered injuries requiring one to three weeks' treatment, according to the ruling. (Mainichi)

My goodness, that is so sad, i hope crime rate does not start to go up, i want to go there soon Sweat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maybe he'll let me kick HIM in the rear w/ a 30mm anti-aircraft shell. Grumble

reminds me of the razor blade guy in taiwan from a few years back, he went around slashing the legs of women who wore mini-skirts. I was in Taipei during that time and it's lucky that I didn't... er.. he didn't get caught or i would've cut more than just his leg.
tabana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The world is full of morons. Shake Head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
maybe he'll let me kick HIM in the rear w/ a 30mm anti-aircraft shell. Grumble

put that bad boy away...save it for the ladies Bleah
tabana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's only 30mm, they'll probably say "size doesn't matter, but in your case..." hehe Beaten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
If it's only 30mm, they'll probably say "size doesn't matter, but in your case..." hehe Beaten

now now...don't give krim jong-il our fearless leader any strange thoughts....he's already kidnapped a harem of women from s. korea....you know the ones who actually know what electricity is.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is absolutely nuts....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Man 'hibernates' for 24 days

20/12/2006 14:18 - (SA)

Tokyo - A Japanese man who was lost in the mountains survived for 24 days without eating or drinking anything, except a few drops of barbecue sauce, by going into a bear-like state of hibernation, his doctor said.

"I lay down on the second day in a grassy area, which felt good in the sunshine, and eventually I fell asleep," said Mitsutaka Uchikoshi, 35. "That's the last thing I remember."

A fully recovered Uchikoshi returned to his desk job on Wednesday at a municipal office in the western city of Nishinomiya, the city government said.

His hibernation saga started on October 7, when he went with friends to climb Mount Rokko in nearby Kobe.

He left his party to descend by himself but fell off a cliff. He hurt his back and was unable to move.

The only food he had carried with him was a container of sauce for a Korean-style barbecue.

"I tried a couple of drops, but it wasn't anything edible," he told a nationally televised press conference.

When rescuers found him 24 days later, on October 31, his body temperature was only 22 degrees Celsius, according to his doctor.

"He fell into a hypothermic state at a very early stage, which is similar to hibernation," doctor Shinichi Sato told the news conference.

"Therefore, his brain functions were protected without being damaged and have now recovered 100%. This is what I believe happened."

Uchikoshi's father said in a television interview: "When he was found he was in a state of cardiac or respiratory arrest. To the eyes of laymen, he looked as if he had been dead."
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing.

I feel like doing that sometimes Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 163, 164, 165  Next
Page 50 of 165

Jump to: