jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Food, Food, and More Food Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 617, 618, 619 ... 1259, 1260, 1261  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Spinach rocks. Victory! Peace!

Not the way mum makes it. bleh

Enna wrote:
Can you say clogged arteries?

Speaking of eating....I tried a local soul food place yesterday. Not bad, at all. I was in the mood for some fried chicken, collard greens and potato salad. They fried the chicken once I placed my order. For desert some sweet potato pie. Every so often you gotta have some good soul

Amen. Drooling

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no1 likes my food? Shameful Cry Shocked Puppy Dog Eyes
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

She wont make it to 20 eating that on a regular basis.

that was merely a light snack.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enna wrote:

Can you say clogged arteries? Sweat

Speaking of eating....I tried a local soul food place yesterday. Not bad, at all. I was in the mood for some fried chicken, collard greens and potato salad. They fried the chicken once I placed my order. For desert some sweet potato pie. Every so often you gotta have some good soul food! Jumpie

sounds like a nice, satisfying meal.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wynter wrote:

Amen.

OHITASHI (GOMA)
Boiled and chilled spinach with black sesame base sauce and soy sauce.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

Must be the lighting or something: looks like something on my front lawn. Beaten
kha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is that even edible? looks like grass with soil on it
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Must be the lighting or something: looks like something on my front lawn. Beaten

yeah i don't know how they got the spinach so tightly stacked...especially because spinach wilts so quickly under heat.
Enna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
sounds like a nice, satisfying meal.

Yeah it was! And fattening too. Bonk Did I mention that the meal came with homemade corn bread? At least they gave me enough food for two dinners. Sooo good! Mr Green

Tu_triky wrote:

yeah i don't know how they got the spinach so tightly stacked...especially because spinach wilts so quickly under heat.

Maybe it was tied together when cooked, then they cut the string to serve it. It looks like it would taste good with that sauce on it. Smile
Raining JHan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

OHITASHI (GOMA)
Boiled and chilled spinach with black sesame base sauce and soy sauce.

does not look very good at all, i love spinich, but yuck! lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enna wrote:
Yeah it was! And fattening too. Did I mention that the meal came with homemade corn bread? At least they gave me enough food for two dinners. Sooo good!

yeah it sounds absolutely fantastic! your edifying description reminds of fond memories i had of soul food i would eat at this one place on the Lower East Side...it was called Mama's...homemade garlic fried chicken, collards or green beans, mac & cheese and a hunk of fresh made corn bread...the food there was delicious!

http://www.mamasfoodshop.com/east.htm

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7098708/new_york_ny/mama_s.html

Enna wrote:

Maybe it was tied together when cooked, then they cut the string to serve it. It looks like it would taste good with that sauce on it. Smile

yeah that's a thought...it was pretty tasty...it's black sesame seeds with soy sauce...although the dark color might be off putting the black sesame seeds taste like their lighter cousins.....if you've ever had the Japanese sauce called goma (sesame seed) tare that's served as a dipping sauce with shabu shabu....then you know what it tastes like...since it tastes very similar to that.
Enna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
yeah it sounds absolutely fantastic! your edifying description reminds of fond memories i had of soul food i would eat at this one place on the Lower East Side...it was called Mama's...homemade garlic fried chicken, collards or green beans, mac & cheese and a hunk of fresh made corn bread...the food there was delicious!

Tu-san you know of the best eateries on the Lower East side, don't you? Sounds great! Although I had to laugh when I checked out Mama's Food Shop link. Her pic wasn't what I expected at all. hehe

Tu_triky wrote:
yeah that's a thought...it was pretty tasty...it's black sesame seeds with soy sauce...although the dark color might be off putting the black sesame seeds taste like their lighter cousins.....if you've ever had the Japanese sauce called goma (sesame seed) tare that's served as a dipping sauce with shabu shabu....then you know what it tastes like...since it tastes very similar to that.

I like the vivid dark green color of that spinach. Yes I know that sauce. Yummy! Thumbsup
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enna wrote:

Tu-san you know of the best eateries on the Lower East side, don't you? Sounds great! Although I had to laugh when I checked out Mama's Food Shop link. Her pic wasn't what I expected at all.

me neither...i didn't know Mama was German...I thought she had a deeper shade of soul hehe

Quote:

I like the vivid dark green color of that spinach. Yes I know that sauce. Yummy! Thumbsup

yeah it is really dark....which means it's full of great phytochemicals that are good for you, also has a decent dosage of Alpha Lipoic Acid...one of the most potent antioxidants known to man...it's actually fat-soluble and water-soluble and can cross the blood-brain barrier to promote and protect your neurological health. Mr Green
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seafood fanatics forget fugu: you've a new poison to pick

'Making (jellyfish) a popular food is the best way to solve the problem.'
Something shaky is about to hit Japanese meal tables -- poisonous giant jellyfish!

Wobbling its way onto the Japanese cuisine are huge Echizen jellyfish, which have been appearing in massive schools flocking off the Sea of Japan coastline and gorging on more palatable fare, like prized maguro tuna.

"Making them a popular food is the best way to solve the problem," Shunjiro Ueno, a professor at the National Fisheries University in Shimonoseki, tells Sunday Mainichi.

Echizen jellyfish can grow up to 2 meters wide and weigh as much as 150 kilograms. They used to appear in large numbers in the Sea of Japan once every few decades, but in recent years their lurking about the icy waterway has become an annual occurrence. In the 4-month period from September through December 2005, the giant jellyfish was blamed for over 10,000 cases where the fishing industry was somehow damaged.

Ueno was being eaten by the frustration caused by the jellyfish plague when he realized that was precisely the manner in which it could be countered. In January he set up a study group to devise jellyfish cuisine, as well as methods to process and distribute the gooey gourmet dish.

In September, Ueno toured China's Dairen and other areas where jellyfish cuisine is a delicacy and learned a few tips about the best way to slap it up to make it a tasty choice to chow down on.

"I learned over 10 ways to prepare it, including soup and stir fry," Ueno tells Sunday Mainichi. "Compared to the Chinese jellyfish used as an appetizer, this variety is crunchier. Some say this makes the taste inferior, but I don't think that's the case at all."

Echizen jellyfish is actually a nutritionist's delight. It's packed with plenty of minerals, like magnesium, and absolutely loads of collagen good for the skin. And it contains almost no calories.

Processing and distributing jellyfish remains something of a problem, but costs can be offset simply by the sheer size of each of the marine creatures, which can be used for more than a single meal for a family.

Sunday Mainichi says Ueno's study group is also looking into ways the jellyfish's poisons can be used in the medical world to show the new delicacy is more than just a mere treat to eat. (By Ryann Connell)

December 15, 2006
krim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'll take a second helping of tentacle noodle please.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
i'll take a second helping of tentacle noodle please.

yums.

although i might consider myself a mildly adventorous foodie...i think i'd pass on the jell-o fish, bill cosby can have it.
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just saw the Soy Sauce Ramen vs Salt Ramen Dotch Cooking ep and now I'm hungry and CRAVING some good ramen Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling

It was torture watching it Beaten Beaten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

katsudon flurry

Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

now that's a deep-fried, crunchy panko coating.

Curry Katsu
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
Seafood fanatics forget fugu: you've a new poison to pick

I'll take an unflinching pass on the Jell-O Fish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 617, 618, 619 ... 1259, 1260, 1261  Next
Page 618 of 1261

Jump to: