jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Sawajiri Erika
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 277, 278, 279 ... 305, 306, 307  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125140
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BOGCHI wrote:
(more things in common w/ Britney Spears)

That's not a good thing. bleh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anime Dad



Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Posts: 11340
Location: オーストラリア
Country: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

i mean she's talented right...if she gets dumped she still a star so she should have ppl waiting in line to represent her....but apparently things don't work that way in japan.


Sometimes I wish it worked that way in other places too. Just think.. no more Britney.... no more Paris... No more Lindsay...

Alternatively Erika could go to America and compete with the above for photos in trashy mags... although, compared to them, she's squeaky clean and a lot less newsworthy (and infinitely more talented)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46174
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

everyone hates her extra-toothed head:

Sulky Erika Sawajiri not quite big enough to pull off prima donna pouting

Sullen starlet Erika Sawajiri has had to make a shame-faced apology after fans reacted with outrage to her petulant display at an event to promote her latest movie, Yukan Fuji (10/3) says.

The 21-year-old actress infuriated movie-goers last weekend when she gave nothing more than single word replies to prompts from an emcee trying to spark some life into the promotional event for "Closed Note," Sawajiri's new movie.

Irate fans were so embittered by Sawajiri's snooty display, they flooded the movie's official website with so many complaints its distributor Toho was forced to shut down the page.

Furor followed until Sawajiri had to eat humble pie and issue a possibly career-saving apology on the website of her talent agency Stardust on Tuesday afternoon.

"I've created a tremendous amount of trouble for all concerned and I'm terribly sorry," Yukan Fuji quotes the message posted in Sawajiri's name. "I was the cause of all the bad things that happened at the event and I intend to take responsibility for my actions. What happened proved to me that I still have a lot of growing up to do."

Onlookers suspected something was amiss before the greeting held in a preview of "Closed Note" at the Nichigeki Theater in Tokyo's Yurakucho district on Sept. 29 when Sawajiri turned up in a long, blonde wig and wearing a leopard-skin dress. Their fears were confirmed when she muttered a simple, "Thanks for coming," then folded her arms and stood silently with a snooty look on her face as events unfolded.

Emcee Miki Tominaga tried to gee up the young actress with plenty of prompts, including asking her what her favorite scene in "Closed Note" was, but Sawajiri merely snarled, "Nothing in particular."

Fellow cast members including Yuko Takeuchi, the movie's director and others appearing on stage with Sawajiri did their best to liven up proceedings, but the night had already fallen flat. Sawajiri made things even worse when she kept everybody waiting until she was ready when it came time for a group photo session.

Yukan Fuji notes that disgusted spectators let loose on Toho's "Closed Note" website.

"I was looking forward to the movie, but after what went on, I'm not going to see it now," one audience participant writes.

Another adds: "Who the hell does (Sawajiri) think she is?"

So great was the ill-will Sawajiri managed to generate, Toho shut down the movie's website, proving that not all publicity is good publicity. Movie industry pundits expect Sawajiri's tantrum will have adverse effects on the movie's box office.

Ripples stemming from the incident spread far and wide. Sawajiri was widely criticized in the media. And emcee Tominaga blasted her.

"We belong to the same talent agency, so I wanted to try and end things on a high note," the lowbrow afternoon tabloid quotes Tominaga saying in a message posted on her blog on Monday.


Yukan Fuji (10/3).Further unwanted publicity was generated when Tominaga's blog message was removed not long after she had posted it, once again drawing attention to the actress's antics.

Sawajiri posted her apology on Tuesday afternoon to try and quell the fuss. She'll get a chance to redeem herself on Saturday, when she's due to promote "Closed Note" at the Pusan International Film Festival, where fans hope she'll live up to her word.

"I think it's time for me to take a good, hard look at myself," Sawajiri says in her apology posted in Yukan Fuji. "I'm really, really sorry for everything that happened." (By Ryann Connell)

(Mainichi Japan) October 5, 2007
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/culture/news/20071005p2g00m0dm005000c.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krim



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 12311
Location: burunto o suimasu ka?
Country: Spain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how dare she affect my dear Yuko-chan!


Beat You
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46174
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
how dare she affect my dear Yuko-chan!

Beat You


Good move pouting before the film's premiere....when you miss with people's money they will kick your extra tooth to the curb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krim



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 12311
Location: burunto o suimasu ka?
Country: Spain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i finally watched that interview video.. she's crying from too much yay. that's why she keeps touching her nose. it also explains the blankness in the first 2 minutes. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46174
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
i finally watched that interview video.. she's crying from too much yay. that's why she keeps touching her nose. it also explains the blankness in the first 2 minutes. Shocked


that first two minute silence was ridiculous...and the crying.... that ish was faker than ayumi hamasaki's eyeballs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nomanymore



Joined: 11 Nov 2005
Posts: 157


PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

Sulky Erika Sawajiri not quite big enough to pull off prima donna pouting


rofl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 9308

Country: Finland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if anybody else posted this, the movie premiere:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJKeCOr9wc
    That little kid has better manners than she does, and probably more common sense!!
    Back to top
    View user's profile Send private message
    Queeniechan



    Joined: 06 Oct 2007
    Posts: 2
    Location: Melbourne
    Country: Australia

    PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

    gaijinmark wrote:
    I don't know if anybody else posted this, the movie premiere:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJKeCOr9wc
      That little kid has better manners than she does, and probably more common sense!!



      I do agree wif that.... Crazy
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
      zelie



      Joined: 15 Feb 2005
      Posts: 9
      Location: Netherlands

      PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      I'm sure she's not the only entertainer who doesn't enjoy doing promo work or going on dumb Japanese TV shows. Yet other actors manage to remain gracious and polite even when asked the most stupid or mundane questions. If she doesn't want to play the media game, she's chosen the wrong career.

      I'm thinking she is either:
      1- on drugs
      2- a spoilt bitch with a monstrous ego

      According to this site, she lost a contract already:
      http://www.erika-sawajiri.net/
      I wonder if Sony will drop her too?
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
      bamboo



      Joined: 27 Sep 2006
      Posts: 34
      Location: Singapore
      Country: Singapore

      PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      This attitude display in front of press is common for many Hong Kong & Taiwanese artistes. Some artiste even uses abusive language..But never did they experience what Erika is going through... These HK & TW artistes should find them fortunate.

      Guess some who hate her are just not her fans..? They should probably be those who have heard and has partly buy those stories since long and taking tis opportunity to hurt her. I just feel Japanese are just getting too serious with life?

      Poor Erika, she dont know these people and yet these people are hurting her to such great extent of boycotting her and even wrote to get her CM contract terminated.. She did no harm to them and has repent, give her chance to mend her ways. She will be a better person after this.

      Even the producer of Closed Note are still praising her now and speaking up for her. He worked with her all this while and know her well.. She is just a 21- year-old gal.
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message
      bamboo



      Joined: 27 Sep 2006
      Posts: 34
      Location: Singapore
      Country: Singapore

      PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      zelie wrote:
      I'm sure she's not the only entertainer who doesn't enjoy doing promo work or going on dumb Japanese TV shows. Yet other actors manage to remain gracious and polite even when asked the most stupid or mundane questions. If she doesn't want to play the media game, she's chosen the wrong career.

      I'm thinking she is either:
      1- on drugs
      2- a spoilt bitch with a monstrous ego

      According to this site, she lost a contract already:
      http://www.erika-sawajiri.net/
      I wonder if Sony will drop her too?


      Subaru has almost dropped her the last time, right from start, so no surprise on this... Anyway, I dont really like their design too...
      Just hope Sony, Kanebo, Meiji & PEPSI contract is retained.. She worked especially hard with Sony Ericsson CM whh changes almost 100 different outfit. Very good work spirit recognised by them, hope they wouldn't be the next one giving up on her.
      Pray for her.. God bless!
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message
      thtl



      Joined: 27 Oct 2005
      Posts: 5017
      Location: Hong Kong
      Country: Hong Kong

      PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      bamboo wrote:
      This attitude display in front of press is common for many Hong Kong & Taiwanese artistes. Some artiste even uses abusive language..But never did they experience what Erika is going through... These HK & TW artistes should find them fortunate.

      Guess some who hate her are just not her fans..? They should probably be those who have heard and has partly buy those stories since long and taking tis opportunity to hurt her. I just feel Japanese are just getting too serious with life?

      Poor Erika, she dont know these people and yet these people are hurting her to such great extent of boycotting her and even wrote to get her CM contract terminated.. She did no harm to them and has repent, give her chance to mend her ways. She will be a better person after this.

      Even the producer of Closed Note are still praising her now and speaking up for her. He worked with her all this while and know her well.. She is just a 21- year-old gal.


      The entertainment world of every culture have their share of ba*tards and b*tchs. Some bounced back after profuse apologies and staying out of sight for some time, and some never do.

      Get one thing right - it was Sawajiri's actions that caused the harm, not the people critizing her.

      Sawajiri is a good actoress from all accounts, but that does not mean she is a nice person. It's obvious that you are a Sawajiri-fan, and that's fine. But you are not helping her by striking out at those commenting on her latest blunder. Maybe you should go pray for Sawajiri to come to her senses, and clean up her act.
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
      bamboo



      Joined: 27 Sep 2006
      Posts: 34
      Location: Singapore
      Country: Singapore

      PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      thtl wrote:


      The entertainment world of every culture have their share of ba*tards and b*tchs. Some bounced back after profuse apologies and staying out of sight for some time, and some never do.

      Get one thing right - it was Sawajiri's actions that caused the harm, not the people critizing her.

      Sawajiri is a good actoress from all accounts, but that does not mean she is a nice person. It's obvious that you are a Sawajiri-fan, and that's fine. But you are not helping her by striking out at those commenting on her latest blunder. Maybe you should go pray for Sawajiri to come to her senses, and clean up her act.


      Whether she is a nice person or not, nobody has right to judge. To me she is an actress and as you have said she is a good actress from all accounts, that's is sufficient..
      Just get life and stop the crticism.
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message
      thtl



      Joined: 27 Oct 2005
      Posts: 5017
      Location: Hong Kong
      Country: Hong Kong

      PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      bamboo wrote:


      Whether she is a nice person or not, nobody has right to judge. To me she is an actress and as you have said she is a good actress from all accounts, that's is sufficient..
      Just get life and stop the crticism.


      Everyone is judged by their actions, and by their peers. So, yes, I have the right to judge Sawajiri.

      I do have a life that I'm fairly satisfied with, which includes critizing artistes I am not fond of.
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
      Tu_triky



      Joined: 15 Jun 2004
      Posts: 46174
      Location: Los Skandolous, California
      Country: United States

      PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      thtl wrote:

      I do have a life that I'm fairly satisfied with, which includes critizing artistes I am not fond of.


      lol

      agreed..we can't love everybody.
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message
      MissMonika



      Joined: 17 Nov 2005
      Posts: 2652
      Location: The OC
      Country: United States

      PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      Well, the truth of the matter is that everybody judges everybody in this world. Especially if someone's in the entertainment business, there's no escaping it. That doesn't mean we should, but we all do. With that in mind, I think people have the right to form opinions about whoever our favorite or least favorite actors and actresses are.

      I'm sorry, but just because she's 21 years-old doesn't mean she has the right to behave like that. There are plenty of artists much younger than her who act very courteous and professional during PR events, even when they're having rotten days or not feeling well during these situations. She should already be familiar with events like these since she's been around for more than a few years already.

      The press are not criticizing her just for this one incident alone. I think this was a buildup of many things that have happened in the past, along with the rumors and what not. I really believe this press conference was the last straw for them. Normally the Japanese press doesn't bash an artist this bad (and I'm not talking about the tabloids but credible sources) so when they do, they're kind of merciless.

      Yes, she's a good actress, but has she been around long enough to give her the right to put on airs? No, I don't think so. Hopefully after this whole mess dies down, she'll really think about reevaluating herself and bounce back.
      _________________
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
      Parishilton



      Joined: 09 May 2007
      Posts: 64
      Location: United States
      Country: United States

      PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      zelie wrote:

      I'm thinking she is either:
      1- on drugs
      2- a spoilt bitch with a monstrous ego



      3-PMS
      _________________
      I Love Jdorama and Korean
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message
      shari



      Joined: 13 Mar 2006
      Posts: 314
      Location: Northern California
      Country: United States

      PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

      Parishilton wrote:
      3-PMS

      Probably close. I'd say, a girl with an attitude caught in a bad day. (I know many people like that -- some even on this board.) Funny thing is, when Akanishi Jin was caught with his pants down and his hands on a 14 year-old girl, the whole thing was swept quietly under the rug. But when a girl doesn't behave like a Yamato Nadeshiko, she's knocked down and dragged in mud. That's fairness in a man's world for you...
      _________________
      Esumi Makiko
      Back to top
      View user's profile Send private message
      Display posts from previous:   
         
      Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
      Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 277, 278, 279 ... 305, 306, 307  Next
      Page 278 of 307

       
      Jump to:  
      You cannot post new topics in this forum
      You cannot reply to topics in this forum
      You cannot edit your posts in this forum
      You cannot delete your posts in this forum
      You cannot vote in polls in this forum