jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japanese Movies/Discussion/Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 228, 229, 230  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Which movies?

Didja ever get around to renting any of those Kurosawa films? Great stuff.

Not yet. Sweat Time's been short. (Actually, I've been wasting it on here! Beaten )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
Not yet. Sweat Time's been short. (Actually, I've been wasting it on here! Beaten )

Take your time Aho. Watching Kurosawa's film will take a lot of patience..most of them are damn long..i.e 2 - 3 hrs..can you take that?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Akakage wrote:
Take your time Aho. Watching Kurosawa's film will take a lot of patience..most of them are damn long..i.e 2 - 3 hrs..can you take that?

Yeah, they are long, but time flies by because the stories and the movies are so good. Really!
Skullknight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched Happiness of the Katakuris last night. Very strange movie, but I thought it was hilarious. Since it was a musical I felt like singing along, but I dont know very much Japanese Shake Head
Akakage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Skullknight wrote:
I watched Happiness of the Katakuris last night. Very strange movie, but I thought it was hilarious. Since it was a musical I felt like singing along, but I dont know very much Japanese Shake Head

Hehehe..Burrying dead ppl while singing Sweat Sweat
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Akakage wrote:
Burrying dead ppl while singing Sweat Sweat

Eh?? That seems morbid.
Akakage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Eh?? That seems morbid.

That's what it's all about btw.. Mr Green The hotel is a jinx..their customers just happen to die there. The owner burries the dead body on the hill?? (I forgot) while they're singing..hehehehe..
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Akakage wrote:
That's what it's all about btw.. Mr Green The hotel is a jinx..their customers just happen to die there. The owner burries the dead body on the hill?? (I forgot) while they're singing..hehehehe..

Heh. Sounds kooky. A comedy?
Skullknight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a Takashi Miike musical, it is very funny.
Rinrin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is the right place for me to ask this question, but I have a question for bmwracer.

I happened to see part of a trailer for Gun Crazy and I thought it looked kind of interesting. Can you give me an idea of what the movie is about? Is it good? (Besides the fact that Ryoko-san is in it!)
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rinrin wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place for me to ask this question, but I have a question for bmwracer.

I happened to see part of a trailer for Gun Crazy and I thought it looked kind of interesting. Can you give me an idea of what the movie is about? Is it good? (Besides the fact that Ryoko-san is in it!)

It's pretty good, not great... It's a short film (a little over an hour) and you can tell it's constrained by a budget... But I think Ryoko-chan has the potential to be an action star if she wanted to... Smile

Here's the review I posted on IMdb: http://imdb.com/title/tt0374688/
Rinrin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for replying so quickly! It sounds pretty interesting! I think I'll go see if either of the Japanese video rental stores that I go to have it.

Thanks again for your help!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rinrin wrote:
Thanks for replying so quickly! It sounds pretty interesting! I think I'll go see if either of the Japanese video rental stores that I go to have it.

Thanks again for your help!

Glad to be of help... Good luck at the video store... Big Grin
UWFShooter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ripe-figured Kyoka appears ready to bare fruit

By Ryann Connell
Staff Writer

March 26, 2004

'Good girl' Kyoka Suzuki rumored to get down and dirty in an upcoming film adaptation of the sexually graphic novel, "Chi to Hone (Blood and Bone)."

Actress Kyoka Suzuki has shaped a career playing pure and chaste young women, but that's all about to change when she gets into a raunchy role in a movie to be released later this year, according to Shukan Post (4/2).

"Chi to Hone (Blood and Bone)" is a best-selling novel, the movie adaptation of which is expected on screens during the autumn with 35-year-old Suzuki and Beat Takeshi playing the lead roles and award-winning director Yoichi Sai at the helm.

"I've heard that Suzuki is preparing to take on her first ever nude scenes," film critic Tetsuji Akimoto tells Shukan Post. "The book is filled with graphic descriptions of sex and violence. Sai has wanted to make this movie for years. He won't compromise when it comes to getting it on celluloid. Nude scenes are a certainty."

Written by Yang So Gil, an ethnic Korean born and bred in Japan, "Chi to Hone" was released in 1998. It is apparently a biographical depiction of the writer's father and quickly became a bestseller after hitting store shelves.

Suzuki is in for a demanding role if she takes on the part of the movies anti-heroine, who is raped, forced to marry and endures years of beating at the hands of the lead character to be played by Takeshi.

Yang hints that the adaptation of his work will be just as steamy.

"Sai first came to me with the idea of making a movie out of my book six years ago. I still haven't read the final script, but what I have seen remains fairly loyal to what I wrote," the author tells Shukan Post. "Suzuki's chaste yet ambitious character is perfect for the heroine, who lives the typically downtrodden but ambitious life of a Japan-born Korean. If the scene where the heroine first submits herself physically to the lead character actually gets into the movie, I guess it will be fairly intense."

Suzuki's talent agency and Shochiku, the movie company making the film, both confirm she has signed on to the project, but neither are prepared to give details about how revealing she will be.

Suzuki, meanwhile, has recently been revealing plenty, even if keeping quite about her role in the film.

Despite carefully cultivating a squeaky clean image, Suzuki got her big break in showbiz working as a scantily clad swimsuit model for car races and retains the glamorous proportions of her early career.

Though she tended to dress conservatively for much of her stint in the big time, recently she has showed a tendency for dresses with low cuts and high slits, suggesting she may be out to create a new, "bad girl" image.

"In 'Zebraman,' her latest film currently showing, Suzuki wears a costume that flaunts her more than ample cleavage," film critic Akimoto tells Shukan Post. "Suzuki is a valuable actress who personifies mature eroticism. I presume she's read the script before agreeing to the part, so, if so, we can expect some fairly racy stuff to hit the screen."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(source: http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/waiwai/face/index.html)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Akakage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wooo..kyoka suzuki will bare all?! interesting. Maybe she's bored with the role of two goody girl..best of luck for her...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Akakage wrote:
wooo..kyoka suzuki will bare all?! interesting. Maybe she's bored with the role of two goody girl..best of luck for her...

Guh. Taking off your clothes doesn't make you a more serious/better actor... This is all about publicity... Shake Head
Akakage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Guh. Taking off your clothes doesn't make you a more serious/better actor... This is all about publicity... Shake Head

Maybe she just want to show the guy that she has desirable body hehehe..aside from publicity stunt. Look at Meg Ryan..I saw her naked in that lousy film called "In the Cut" ..OMG, talk about a boring movie..I overslept watching it. YAWN BIG TIME!
FierceStriker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Akakage wrote:

Maybe she just want to show the guy that she has desirable body hehehe..aside from publicity stunt. Look at Meg Ryan..I saw her naked in that lousy film called "In the Cut" ..OMG, talk about a boring movie..I overslept watching it. YAWN BIG TIME!

Poor Meg Ryan, no one even wanted to see her naked.
UWFShooter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FierceStriker wrote:

Poor Meg Ryan, no one even wanted to see her naked.

Some women, despite their figure and personality, just aren't acceptable naked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Akakage wrote:

hehe hehe

Yeah, Meg's had this image of the All-Ameican girl/America's sweetheart now after her divorce and fling with Russell Crowe, she's trying to reinvent herself... I hope she succeeds, but being naked in a movie isn't the way to do it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 228, 229, 230  Next
Page 24 of 230

Jump to: