jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Glay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amyhisashi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FROM TOKYOGRAPH:

GLAY's TERU hits cyclist while driving

Thu, December 27, 2007 (3:54pm EST)

TERU, the vocalist of rock band GLAY, injured a bicyclist earlier this month while driving in the Meguro ward of Tokyo.

On the morning of December 7, TERU was making a right turn at an intersection when his vehicle came in contact with a bicycle coming from the right. Because the intersection had no traffic signal and involved only one-way streets, TERU said he had only checked for cars coming from the left. The cyclist, a woman in her 20s, fell down and injured her left knee.

TERU's wife, Ami Onuki of Puffy, was also in the car.

Meguro police said that they plan to send the case to prosecutors, charging TERU with negligent driving resulting in injury.

Source: Sankei Sports
amyhisashi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

two days late, but still want to wish him...

OTANJOUBI OMEDETO!!

can't believe he turned 36 this year!! i love you to death... In love
Stevie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do Glay even sing anymore? i never see anything of them anymore
amyhisashi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stevie wrote:
do Glay even sing anymore? i never see anything of them anymore

yes they do..
recently they did Love Is Beautiful Tour...
have you watched Rock Shock Vol.4?
the live is soo great!!!
Stevie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

amyhisashi wrote:

yes they do..
recently they did Love Is Beautiful Tour...
have you watched Rock Shock Vol.4?
the live is soo great!!!

i never seen that!..do you have a link where i can get it?
amyhisashi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stevie wrote:

i never seen that!..do you have a link where i can get it?

maybe you can find it on Youtube, Veoh or crunchyroll..
do you really want it?
if you do, i'll try to upload it for you..
Stevie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

amyhisashi wrote:

maybe you can find it on Youtube, Veoh or crunchyroll..
do you really want it?
if you do, i'll try to upload it for you..

thats ok! ill look for it Dancing but thankyou
GlayTakuTeru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know why people make questions like "Is Glay still playing?", since it's pretty easy to find out, if you search the net just a little. It's not like they have disappeared, afterall, they are still big and topping charts, just not putting out as many cds as they used to.

They don't have a great overseas fanbase on the net so their things won't fall into one's lap easily like it does for other singers. But it doesn't mean anything. There are bands that are very popular in non-japanese forums but will never be as big as Glay is.

Glay has just made three concerts in the U.S., their first. They don't even have an international career, but the shows received attention by major and non-Japan related published media like the NME, just because of their importance in Japanese music.

The problem is that they don't appeal to or just don't get known by the teenagers, and most of j-music fans overseas who are busy on line are teenagers. From what I've seen most of Glay fans are grown ups (including mylself), who just can't spend so much time on the net.

And although it was posted ages ago...
Hinano wrote:
I don't mean to be a rain on the Glay fan parade, but their single "Tenshi no Wakimae" the beginning guitar riff sounds EXACTLY like the beginning guitar riff of a B'z song called "F.E.A.R." which came out over 5 years ago.... Crazy

I had to laugh a little. It's a B'z fan trying to say that Glay copied their song...The irony in this is that B'z are very well known for plagiarism. They have LOTS of songs that are believed to have been copied from other bands. I won't put anything here. If anyone is interested, just make a research on Google and see how big this matter is.
amyhisashi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GlayTakuTeru wrote:
I don't know why people make questions like "Is Glay still playing?", since it's pretty easy to find out, if you search the net just a little. It's not like they have disappeared, afterall, they are still big and topping charts, just not putting out as many cds as they used to.

They don't have a great overseas fanbase on the net so their things won't fall into one's lap easily like it does for other singers. But it doesn't mean anything. There are bands that are very popular in non-japanese forums but will never be as big as Glay is.

Glay has just made three concerts in the U.S., their first. They don't even have an international career, but the shows received attention by major and non-Japan related published media like the NME, just because of their importance in Japanese music.

The problem is that they don't appeal to or just don't get known by the teenagers, and most of j-music fans overseas who are busy on line are teenagers. From what I've seen most of Glay fans are grown ups (including mylself), who just can't spend so much time on the net.

And although it was posted ages ago...

I had to laugh a little. It's a B'z fan trying to say that Glay copied their song...The irony in this is that B'z are very well known for plagiarism. They have LOTS of songs that are believed to have been copied from other bands. I won't put anything here. If anyone is interested, just make a research on Google and see how big this matter is.

i agreed on you..
to me, Glay already in different level. even there's a lot of jrock group that i like but i still come back to Glay. they really influenced me a lot..really.. Big Grin
franzjirou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: glay Reply with quote Back to top

yah!!.. Glay is really different from others.. Because they are UNIQUE!!...

Im a huge fan of GLAY!!... i have compared them to other bands.. but none of them seems to be like GLAY.. Although they are on their 30's now.. they still appear to be very youthful...

Their songs.. I can't decide which one is my favorite.. coz i like all of their songs.. hehe..!!

By the way, JIRO is mine!!.. wahahahahah!!
amyhisashi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

franzjirou wrote:
yah!!.. Glay is really different from others.. Because they are UNIQUE!!...

Im a huge fan of GLAY!!... i have compared them to other bands.. but none of them seems to be like GLAY.. Although they are on their 30's now.. they still appear to be very youthful...

Their songs.. I can't decide which one is my favorite.. coz i like all of their songs.. hehe..!!

By the way, JIRO is mine!!.. wahahahahah!!

that is sooo true!!!
their kids are so damn lucky to have such a sexy, famous daddy....
ohoohoh...
you claim Jiro...then, Hisashi is mine!!
hehe
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GLAY fans, they are offering one of their songs for free. Link here:http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-5957
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GLAY to hold first Asia tour

The tour schedule for GLAY�fs first Asia tour �uGLAY ASIA TOUR 2013 �gJUSTICE & GUILTY�h�vhas been announced.

This tour will coincide with the release of GLAY�fs two albums, �gJUSTICE�h and �gGUILTY�g, which will be released simultaneously on January 23rd. They are scheduled to perform in Hong Kong, Seoul, Bangkok, and Taipei.

GLAY has previously performed in Taipei back in 2011, but this will be the band�fs first time holding a live in the other countries listed.

<GLAY ASIA TOUR 2013 �gJUSTICE & GUILTY�h>

Saturday, May 25th – Hong Kong Asia World-Arena (China)
Saturday, June 1st – Seoul Olympic Stadium (South Korea)
Saturday, June 15th – Bangkok IMPACT Arena (Thailand)
Saturday, July 6th – Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Station (Taiwan)

Source: natalie
WD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why can't they come to Malaysia?? Shameful Cry Oh I know, because we're too cheap and only cares for Kpop. Shake Head

Anyway, Hong Kong Asia World Arena and Seoul Olympic Stadium are like the biggest arenas in the respective places! Even Bangkok IMPACT Arena can hold like 12k audience.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GLAY to release new single in July

GLAY will be releasing their new single, �gDARK RIVER / Eternally / Tokei�g, on July 24.

The triple A-side single will consist of �gDARK RIVER�h which was picked up as the theme song for NHK�fs drama �eGekiryu ~Watashi wo Oboeteimasuka?~�e (starts June 25), �gTokei�h which was written as a song for a drama, and �gEternally�h which is the theme song for their special live �eGLAY SPECIAL LIVE 2013 in HAKODATE: GLORIOUS MILLION DOLLAR NIGHT VOL.1�e (July 27 and 28 in Hakodate).

�gDARK RIVER�h is a medium-tempo rock tune produced by Kameda Seiji. Meanwhile, �gEternally�h will be available for download through iTunes Store and dwango.jp starting May 8.

On May 6, GLAY wrapped up their arena tour, �eGLAY ARENA TOUR 2013: JUSTICE & GUILTY�e, at Saitama Super Arena. After performing a total of 24 songs, they promised the success of their upcoming Asia tour and their Hakodate concerts during the encore.

SgtPepper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WD wrote:
Why can't they come to Malaysia?? Shameful Cry Oh I know, because we're too cheap and only cares for Kpop. Shake Head
My thoughts, exactly!!
Are we not part of Asia too? Haha. Visas to Japan are easy to get now, but concert tickets aren't. Oh well...
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GLAY announce new album and tour

On September 20, GLAY held their 'GLAY EXPO 2014 TOHOKU' at Hitomebore Stadium Miyagi. During the live, they announced the release date for their new album "MUSIC LIFE" and an arena tour called 'GLAY ARENA TOUR 2014-2015 Miracle Music Hunt'.

"MUSIC LIFE" will be released on November 5 and all songs will be produced by Kameda Seiji. It will contain a total of 11 songs including their singles "DARK RIVER", "BLEEZE", "Hyakka Ryouran", and "Hashire! Mirai". Nagai Toshimitsu, Nakamura Tatsuya, Takahashi Makoto, Muraishi Masayuki, and Matsushita Atsushi participated on drums during recording.

The Gorgeous Edition will come with a ballad best album called "BALLADE BEST��MELODIES" featuring a track list that was chosen by fans. It will contain the number 1 fan favorite "Tsuzure Ori ~so far and yet so close~", as well as their hit songs "BELOVED" and "HOWEVER". Meanwhile, the Gorgeous Edition that will be sold via mail order site G-DIRECT will come with another ballad best album called "BALLADE BEST��MEMORIES" featuring a track list chosen by the members. Both ballad best albums will come with "Sakura Bito" which is a song that TAKURO wrote for the 'Fukushima Hamakaido Sakura Project'.

To coincide the album's release, GLAY will kick off their arena tour on November 29 at Shizuoka Ecopa Arena. They will hold 17 shows in 9 locations with their finale on February 22 of next year at Sekisui Heim Super Arena.

Also, GLAY is getting ready to release their new single "Hyakka Ryouran / Hashire! Mirai" on October 15.

[MUSIC LIFE]

01. BLEEZE�iALBUM VER.�j
02. Hyakka Ryouran
03. Only Yesterday
04. Hashire! Mirai
05. Matsuri no Ato
06. Uwaki na KISS ME GIRL
07. Mousou Collector
08. Hospital pm9
09. DARK RIVER
10. TILL KINGDOM COME
11. MUSIC LIFE

[BALLADE BEST��MELODIES]

�ETsuzure Ori ~so far and yet so close~
�EBELOVED
�EEternally
�Epure soul
�EHOWEVER
�EMiyako Wasure
�ESatellite of love
�EHaru wo Aisuru Hito
�EZutto Futari de...
�ECurtain Call
�ETogether
�ELET ME BE
�ESORRY LOVE
�ESakura Bito

[BALLADE BEST��MEMORIES]

�EEgao no Ooi Hi Bakari Janai
�ECanaria
�EKiseki no Hate
�EToki no Shizuku
�ETokei
�EHELLOW MY LIFE
�EPrecious
�EWhite Road
�EMIRROR
�EMay Fair
�EYuruginai Monotachi
�EROSY
�ESakura Bito

[GLAY ARENA TOUR 2014-2015 Miracle Music Hunt]

Saturday, November 29 - Ecopa Arena (Shizuoka)
Sunday, November 30 - Ecopa Arena (Shizuoka)
Saturday, December 6 - Saitama Super Arena (Saitama)
Sunday, December 7 - Saitama Super Arena (Saitama)
Saturday, December 20 - Asty Tokushima (Tokushima)
Sunday, December 21 - Asty Tokushima (Tokushima)
Saturday, December 27 - Marine Messe Fukuoka (Fukuoka)
Sunday, December 28 - Marine Messe Fukuoka (Fukuoka)
Saturday, January 10 - Sun Dome Fukui (Fukui)
Saturday, January 24 - Nippon Gaishi Hall (Aichi)
Sunday, January 25 - Nippon Gaishi Hall (Aichi)
Saturday, January 31- Osaka-jo Hall (Osaka)
Saturday, February 7 - Yokohama Arena (Kanagawa)
Sunday, February 8 - Yokohama Arena (Kanagawa)
Saturday, February 21 - Sekisui Heim Super Arena (Miyagi)
Sunday, February 22 - Sekisui Heim Super Arena (Miyagi)

afoolstale

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Random: I was watching Cool Japan over the weekend and there was a Glay poster in a pet grooming shop. The show was about beans, btw. Rolly
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GLAY's TAKURO to release solo album

GLAY's TAKURO will release his solo album "Journey Without A Map" on December 14.

This instrumental work was produced by Tak Matsumoto of B'z and was recorded with musicians for Los Angeles.

The album will be available for purchase in 3 different versions: CD + DVD Edition, CD-Only Edition, and Analog Edition. The DVD will contain a documentary of "Journey Without A Map".

Journey Without A Map

01. Lullaby
02. Rufen
03. Guess Who
04. Autumn Rain
05. RIOT
06. Istanbul Night
07. Francis Elena
08 Fear & Favors
09. Northern Life
10. Journey Without A Map
11. Hakodate Biyori

ashley juggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ But when is the band going to release an album?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: