jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Galileo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaberella

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

taroqq wrote:
If you have a multi-region DVD player, there's an official R3 version with Chinese and English subs, and even includes a Cantonese dubbed track (quite surreal as I haven't watched a dubbed Japanese drama since high school). It's in anamorphic widescreen w/ excellent picture and sound, and both sets of subs are excellent as well (ie for sure not Engrishy but also much better then the usual fan subs). I got it on the cheap (relative to R2 Japanese DVDs) from dddhouse.com for around $16 shipped before they increased the price.

Thanks for letting me know. I love that site and haven't been there in ages.

Has anyone heard of a second season for Galileo?
ocha4ever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched this drama a week ago....
and love it so much.... w00t! w00t!
at first I thought it would be the same as TRICk,,,but it's totally different....
all the cases were solved based on the science.....sugee....w00t!

haven't watch the SP and movie yet tho Bleah

and yes he (Fuku-chan) made me change my avatar Mr Green Mr Green Victory! Peace!

I am a Pig-Rabbit...Victory! Peace!�I�T
7th-key

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found this spoof in the discussion thread on d-addicts:
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1581552EhDBAq8h
"Jitsu ni omoshiroi" rofl
7th-key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Galileo episode 1:

(2011.04.21) BEGIN Japanology - Fishing:

Omoshiroi Mr Green
Aya_Man_1988

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Say, if you've seen Shibasaki Kou as 'Hagio Sae' in "Orange Days", and you have fond memories of her as the innocent, deaf girl, then would it be wise to watch Galileo? Because you see, I've been wanting to see this for quite some time now, but I still haven't done it as it may ruin the memory I have of her (Shibasaki Kou) as Hagio Sae...

As you may have already guessed, advice would be received with much gratitude... w00t!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ I prefer a talking Shibasaki Kou. Victory! Peace!
7th-key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
^ I prefer a talking Shibasaki Kou. Victory! Peace!

She's not bad at singing either, hearing the closing theme. Mr Green

@Aya_Man_1988
I'd say her character in Galileo is quite innocuous... Smile
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7th-key wrote:
She's not bad at singing either, hearing the closing theme. Mr Green

I didn't even notice. Beaten
7th-key

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
I didn't even notice. Beaten

me neither at the time, I just saw the video linked in the drama description: Beaten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL20p-rrKiY
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any role is still better than playing Oda Yuji's sidekick in Diplomat Kuroda Kousaku ----so meaningless.
yanouchi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

love fukuyama's voice in this drama
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Masaharu Fukuyama to star in new 'Galileo' movie

On September 24th, it was announced that a new live-action movie will be released based on Higashino Keigo�fs popular novel series �eTantei Galileo�e titled �eManatsu no Houteishiki�e (lit. �eMidsummer Formula�f). The story for the movie will be based on the series�f sixth and latest installment of the same name, which was serialized in the �eShukan Bunshun�e in 2010 and released as a separate volume in June 2011. The protagonist, �eYukawa Manabu�f will once again be played by singer-actor Fukuyama Masaharu, while Nishitani Hiroshi will direct again as well.

The �eGalileo�f live-action series has spawned a very successful TV drama, a special drama and a very successful movie titled �eYougisha X no Kenshin�e (international title: �eThe Devotion of Suspect X�e), which grossed 4,920,000,000 Yen ($63 million USD), five years ago.

Filming for the upcoming movie already began on the 23rd in the prefecture of Shizuoka. Fukuyama commented, �gBoth I and Yukawa Manabu have aged over the years and, together with the producer and director, we are currently working on how to depict the progress in the right way.�h

The physicist �eYukawa Manabu�f is as much of a genius as he is eccentric. In the previous movie he �gfaced off�h against the equally ingenious mathematician �eIshigami�f (Tsutsumi Shinichi). This time he has to spend the summer at a beautiful seaside town called Harugaura with the 10-year-old �eEsaki Kyouhei�f.

At this town�fs so-called �euntouched�f coast, there are plans for advancing with a development project to extract mineral resources from the bottom of the sea. �eYukawa�f has been invited for an explanatory meeting and is residing at a ryokan called �eRyokugansou�f. There he happens to meet �eKyouhei�f, who has to stay at his aunt�fs ryokan during the midsummer. The following morning, the dead body of another guest, �eTsukahara Masatsugu�f, is discovered at the embankment near the harbor – and one thing is for certain, it was no natural death.

The movie�fs main theme is the advancement of science and with it, the subsequent destruction of the natural environment. Producer Suzuki Yoshihiro explained, �gThe original novel was written before the earthquake, but it clearly depicts a problem we Japanese have been dealing with for the past year and half. In the previous installments, physician Yukawa appealed to the people that with science also comes hope, but what is he going to tell them now?�h

Fukuyama himself added, �gThe question Yukawa has to think about and answer this time is whether nature and mankind can live together in a symbiosis. It�fs also a very interesting topic for me personally.�h He continued, �gI�fm looking forward to meet everyone again as a slightly progressed Yukawa Manabu, but at the same time I�fm having my own thoughts about the topic at hand. I�fd like to proceed with the filming while carefully thinking about this matter.�h

The supporting cast for �eManatsu no Houteishiki�f has yet to be announced by distributor Toho, but it�fs slated for a release in the early summer of 2013.

Source: eiga.com
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'Galileo' to get a sequel

Singer/actor Fukuyama Masaharu is starring in a new �eGetsu 9�e drama (currently untitled). The drama will be a sequel to the hit series from 2007, �gGalileo�g, in which Fukuyama played the genius physicist �gYukawa Manabu.�h

Fukuyama commented, �gIt would have been great if it happened earlier, but I had a schedule for another drama for a whole year (referring to NHK Taiga drama �gRyomaden�g), so it�fs little late. I�fm sorry to have kept you waiting.�h He continued, �gHowever, I was also waiting eagerly for the sequel. Maybe more than those of you who were waiting. I can�ft wait for the filming, to watch it, and to let you watch it.�h

�gGalileo�h is based on Higashino Keigo�fs popular mystery �gGalileo�h series, and this sequel will feature four books from the series released during 2008 ~ 2012.

Though Fukuyama will continue to play �gYukawa Manabu�h, who is known as �eGalileo�f, his partner will be played by Yoshitaka Yuriko in the sequel. In the previous drama series and in its first movie adaptation �gYougisha X no Kenshin�h (released in 2008), Shibasaki Kou played the partner, a rookie female detective named �gUtsumi Kaoru�h. However, she will be passing the baton to Yoshitaka. Yoshitaka�fs role will be a young female detective from crime squad 1 of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, �hKishitani Misa�h, who is an original character for the drama.

Fuji TV�fs production team explained, �gA rookie female detective would be more suitable as the partner for Fukuyama�fs Galileo,�h and they also stated that it�fs not that �eUtsumi�f is gone and she is still a part of the Galileo family. As they said, Shibasaki will be making an appearance as �eUtsumi�f in the first episode of the sequel, and she may also appear in some important scenes after the first episode as well.

Shibasaki commented, �gDue to some circumstances, I will be introducing my junior detective to Yukawa-sensei. As her senior, I am rooting for her.�h

Yoshitaka, who will co-star with Fukuyama for the first time, also commented, �gGalileo has been loved by many people. It is such an honor, and also a burden, but I will try my best.�h

The new drama will start airing in April on Fuji TV.

As reported previously, there will also be a new movie adaptation titled �gManatsu no Houteishiki�g, and it was recently announced that Anne will appear in the movie as �gNarumi�h, who is the key person to the case. In the movie, not only Yoshitaka Yuriko, the new partner of �gYukawa�h, but Kitamura Kazuki, who has been in the previous drama series as a detective �gKusanagi Shunpei�h, will also make appearance.

The release day of the movie �gManatsu no Houteishiki�h is June 29th.

Source: Sanspo
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Masaharu Fukuyama and Shibasaki Kou's KOH+ in upcoming 'Galileo' drama

On April 8th, it was announced that Fukuyama Masaharu and Shibasaki Kou�fs music project KOH+ will be making a comeback to sing the theme song for the upcoming Fuji TV drama, �eGalileo�e.

The song is titled �gKoi no Maryoku�g, and it was written and composed by Fukuyama. As the drama will broadcast in 70 locations worldwide, KARA�fs Hara and Taiwanese singer A-Lin will be covering the song in Korean and Chinese, respectively. This will mark Fukuyama�fs first time collaborating with singers from other countries.

KOH+ was formed back in 2007 when Fukuyama and Shibasaki co-starred in �eGalileo�f. They attracted attention by singing the drama�fs theme song, and were also in charge of the theme song for the movie, �eYougisha X no Kenshin�e, which was released a year later.

It�fs been 5 years since the two last worked together. Fukuyama wrote �gKoi no Maryoku�h by overlapping the image of the two heroines, Kaoru (played by Shibasaki) and Misa (Yoshitaka Yuriko), and it�fs described as an up-tempo love song.

The song was recorded at a studio in Tokyo in mid-February. While it has been 5 years, the two were completely in sync. Shibasaki commented, �gIt once again made me think that Fukuyama-san is a �eproducer�f. He�fs good at putting feeling into it.�h Meanwhile, Fukuyama praised her, saying, �gShe�fs added more power into her delicate expressiveness that she�fs had since 5 years ago. We were pretty much okay with the first take.�h

For this song, KARA�fs Hara will work under the name �eHARA+�e and A-Lin under the name �eA-Lin+�e. Fukuyama said, �gWhen putting a different language onto the melody and backtrack that I created, it turns into a completely different sound.�h He continued, �gI�fm looking forward to how it will reach each country.�h

�eGalileo�f will air on Fuji TV every Mondays at 9:00 pm starting April 15th.

Source: Sanspo
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'Galileo 2' off to a great start

The second season of Fuji TV�fs popular drama �eGalileo�e starring Fukuyama Masaharu was anticipated by many fans and premiered on April 15th with very high expectations. Fortunately all the expectations have been met as the first episode of this season�fs �gGetsu 9�� (Monday 9 pm) drama recorded an average rating of 22.6%.

Fukuyama himself commented about the ratings, �gI�fm relieved that it was seen by this many people and happy that they were looking forward to it that much. This result is going to make us enjoy working on it even more and give us the energy as well as pressure to work hard until the final episode.�h

The first episode was given an extended runtime of an additional 30 minutes and the highest rating was recorded during the revelation of the trick behind the first case at exactly 10:07 pm. At this moment it reached a peak of 25.3%.

The first season that aired in 2007 premiered with an average rating of 24.7%.

Source: Mantan-Web
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'll check it out, but if it's the same plot gimmick of him getting a brainstorm, it won't last long on my view list...
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was going to give 'Galileo 2' and '8' just like I did the original, but the explanation for how Yuki killed her husband in the final episode was so non-sensical I had to lower it one.

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

But I have no complaints about Yoshitaka. I thought she would be a problem replacing Kou, but I got used to her and thought she did a good job.
SgtPepper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Ah yes, that one was too silly. Like, they ran out of ideas. I also liked the cases better in s1 (in general)
After the not-so-spectacular s1 ending, I was hoping for a nicer ending in s2 because of her. But, oh well...
WhiteHawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Was going to give 'Galileo 2' and '8' just like I did the original, but the explanation for how Yuki killed her husband in the final episode was so non-sensical I had to lower it one.

But I have no complaints about Yoshitaka. I thought she would be a problem replacing Kou, but I got used to her and thought she did a good job.

They fleshed it out better in the book, Redemption of a Saint. For the dorama, they left out an important character. I thought it could have been done better, but that would have required a format like Shinzanmono, where one crime is investigated over the course of the entire series.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: