jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Northern California's KTSF web site
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuyMeThisDress

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JackClark wrote:
Comcast On Demand has the movie Still Walking starring Hiroshi Abe and Yui Natsukawa.

I saw this movie (last year??) when it played at the Lumiere. It was weird watching Abe and Yui on a big screen.... It was like watching a Kekkon Dekinai Otoko special in a theater.... I guess they could have called it "Ten years later".... or "Another Reason Not To Get Married"....
JackClark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BuyMeThisDress wrote:

I saw this movie (last year??) when it played at the Lumiere. It was weird watching Abe and Yui on a big screen.... It was like watching a Kekkon Dekinai Otoko special in a theater.... I guess they could have called it "Ten years later".... or "Another Reason Not To Get Married"....

Oh yeah I forgot they were in that drama together. I would of loved to see abe and yui on big screen. I went to the Lumiere once there popcorn was kind of stale. Shake Head Ten years later and Another Reason Not To Get Married those are great titles rofl
Itazura ichiban

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JackClark wrote:
Comcast On Demand has the movie Still Walking starring Hiroshi Abe and Yui Natsukawa. Go to free movies under M-Z.

I'll slurp it up.
Itazura ichiban

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tokyo TV Channel 26.2 will be moved to a new channel,
Ch 38.4, starting November 1, 2011!!

The new channel, Ch 38.4 will be transmitted via Sutro Tower which San Francisco Bay Area's major TV stations such as CBS, ABC, FOX and PBS also send their signals from.

The new transmission is twice as strong as the current channel and the coverage area will be widen.

The airtime and programming schedule will remain the same.

To watch Ch 38.4, you need to connect a digital-to-analog converter box to your analog TV, or need to have a digital TV with a digital tuner that meets the ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) standards.
Andru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: NHK World moves to 38.4? Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks! Hisashiburi! I haven't checked out this thread for awhile. It's good to see there has been some activity!

I also noticed that change the other day for NHK World. Comcast sent me a message that channel 174 was going to be changed to Vietoday (OTA 26.5). "WTF!" I said to myself, thinking TTV's NHK World channel was no more! So I checked out KTSF's website and then TTV's website and was relieved to find out about the switch. I guess eventually Comcast will add 38.4 to their lineup. I think they already have the other 3 subchannels from 38. My DVR wasn't recording Cable 174 anyway, I kept it on OTA 26.2 While 38.4 will be a stronger signal, I actually haven't had any trouble lately getting 26.2 where I am in The City. The first several months were a b---- to get a reliable signal, but I think they must have increased the power and/or I finally learned the trick on how to direct my antenna properly. And the microwave oven now rarely disturbs it, thank God!

I wonder, though, if TTV is moving NHK World to 38.4, are they going to keep their regular Sunday night programming on the main KTSF channel (26.1/cable 8)? .... which BTW they started the sequel to "Boss" a couple of weeks ago there.

Oh, and back to Channel 26.2/Cable 174: For those who used to like to watch Moshimo Tours every week, this Sunday there will be special Fall programming with Moshimo Tours starting at 7pm.
Andru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: The Quints are back!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I recently did a marathon, watching the stuff accumulated on my other standalone DVR from Saturday evenings on KTSF (Channel 26.1/Cable 8) and saw that "My Fair Boy" finally concluded. I imagine a lot of people gave up on that awful series, but you might be pleased to learn that yet another sequel to "We Love Quintuplets" replaced it. OK, so the Quints might not have been so great either, but after "My Fair Boy" I'm REALLY appreciating the Quints. I think Episode 3 is this weekend. For anyone on this thread who wants to catch up with Eps 1 and 2, I've still got them on my DVR and could easily burn them onto a DVD. Send me a PM if you're interested.

BTW, the reason why I "think" Ep 3 of the Quints are this weekend is that Fuji TV has been showing promos for a Fall Special movie with the title "Island of Life" (Inochi no Shima). And it's starting at 9pm, so I don't know if they're pushing the Quints back or just skipping the regular programming this week. The TV movie is from 2009 and stars Nagasaku Hiromi. Here's a write up on Asian Media Wiki:

http://asianmediawiki.com/Ichinoshima

The previous TV movie special "Door To Door" back in May wasn't too bad.

There is also another chopped up theatrical film that recently started, which followed the Quints last week: Another Sayuri Yoshinaga vehicle from 1985 with the title "Yume-chiyo"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320784/
Itazura ichiban

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just saw a NHK documentary about the place of women in modern Mongolian society. In love Wow. I just might have to go visit. Dancing

Quote:
Oct. 28, Fri. 2:30 - 3:00 (UTC) etc.

Women Empowering Mongolia

Mongolia may be known for its vast landscapes and nomadic lifestyles. But the switch to a market economy 20 years ago has provided many educated Mongolian women with prominent office jobs. In fact, 80% of management at small and medium sized enterprises in Mongolia are now run by women. Their contribution has resulted in rapid economic development, and created demand for new industries such as high-end fashion for working women and modern homes for rural residents. Meanwhile, women in rural areas continue to suffer from poverty and unemployment. The gap between rural and city dwellers is widening. In this episode of Asia in View, we follow successful business women and female politicians who are trying to eliminate that gap to improve the lives of all Mongolian women.

Andru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: TV Japan free preview Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, heads up!

TV Japan is having a free preview this week!
It started Monday and will continue to the 20th.

You need to have cable TV or the Dish Network.
On Comcast cable in SF, it's on Channel 330.

Here's a link to this week's guide:

http://www.tvjapan.net/en/img_pdf/nov2.pdf

You can watch live coverage of the first week of the Grand Sumo Tourney in Kyushu!

Yeah
dochira

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hisashiburi minna-san!

And with one fell swoop, all TTVUSA programs are no longer on KTSF and can only be seen on 38.4.

http://www.ttvusa.com/ch384_eng.php

The Sunday night programming was the last. I recall the wonderful programming from the morning weekday dramas, the Saturday night news recap, and the Sunday night programming.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Yo, dude... Okaeri nasai...! Victory! Peace!
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
Hisashiburi minna-san!

And with one fell swoop, all TTVUSA programs are no longer on KTSF and can only be seen on 38.4.

http://www.ttvusa.com/ch384_eng.php

The Sunday night programming was the last. I recall the wonderful programming from the morning weekday dramas, the Saturday night news recap, and the Sunday night programming.

Dochira. Man, it's been a while. Wave
MikeNolan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Noriko Goes to Seoul on 26.3 kbs Saturday 10:50 am I think.
dochira

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never noticed this since it's been a while. The current Taiga drama Taira no Kiyomori, is being aired on 38.4 on Sundays.

http://www.ttvusa.com/taira_eng.php
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
Never noticed this since it's been a while. The current Taiga drama Taira no Kiyomori, is being aired on 38.4 on Sundays.

http://www.ttvusa.com/taira_eng.php

Judging from the ratings, ignorance is bliss. Mr Green
dochira

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And what replaced Itsutsugo? Why it's Itsutsugo 2008. It never ends!

But according to http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Daisuki!_Itsutsugo, it's the last one in the series.
MikeNolan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On Oct 20 Masami Nagasawa movie Apartment with a rooftop will be airing at 9pm.
MikeNolan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
And what replaced Itsutsugo? Why it's Itsutsugo 2008. It never ends!

But according to http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Daisuki!_Itsutsugo, it's the last one in the series.

Its never going to end theres Itsutsugo 2009. This one has no subs.
dochira

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I noticed the lack of subs.

And Dramawiki is out of date. This one is the last one, I promise.

http://goo.gl/OrZx5

Edited: boards don't like kanji urls with exclamation points.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ dochira sighting! w00t!
Raining JHan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
Yeah I noticed the lack of subs.

And Dramawiki is out of date. This one is the last one, I promise.

http://goo.gl/OrZx5

Edited: boards don't like kanji urls with exclamation points.

I am extremely upset about the lack of subs in Daisuki! Itsutsugo 2009. I've watched every single season thus far on KTSF and am just frustrated they choose to dupe on the subs for the final season. I am to the point where I can understand Japanese now, but my mother watches with me and she doesn't know the language very well, so relied on the subtitles for Itsutsugo. Shake Head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 73 of 74

Jump to: