jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japanese Movies/Discussion/Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EstherM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched Unfair 2 Answer last night on TV. I didn't enjoy it very much, by now you except twists and turns and there were few elements of surprise. I feel they are milking the franchise a bit too much. I hope this was the last one.
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

Edit: Speaking of hard-boiled female cops, the Strawberry Night Special is airing on the 22nd, and the movie is released a week later w00t! . Hopefully this franchise will manage the transition to the big screen.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'Thermae Romae II' sequel in 2014

On January 30 (JST), it was announced that one of the most successful movies of 2012 – �eThermae Romae�e will be receiving a sequel in 2014.

All the main actors from �eThermae Romae�f, lead by Abe Hiroshi as the protagonist will be reprising their roles in �eThermae Romae II�e, which is slated for release during the Golden Week of 2014 (early May) and will be directed by Takeuchi Hideki again. The filming will take place in Bulgaria, a first for a Japanese movie production, and it will include a movie reconstruction of the Roman Colosseum in actual scale.

In �eThermae Romae�f, Abe played Lucius, a bath design engineer who slips through time between Ancient Rome and modern Japan. This comedy became one of the highest grossing films in Japan with a revenue of 5,980,000,000 Yen ($65,959,400 USD).

Lucius is going to face another tough challenge in �eThermae Romae II�f as he gets ordered to construct a thermae (bath house) inside the Colosseum. When he accidentally slams into a wall with his head, he once again travels to the future and awakes in modern Japan.

Abe already stated that he can�ft wait to start working on the sequel.

Ichimura Masachika, Kitamura Kazuki, and Shishido Kai will once again portray the �edeep faced�f characters of Ancient Rome alongside Abe as Lucius. The �eflat faces�f of modern Japan will be played by Ueto Aya, Takeuchi Riki, and Sasano Takashi again. Additional characters and more details about the sequel will be released at a later date.

Source: Sanspo
EstherM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ long wait to get to see naked Abe again hehe

I watched the Strawberry Night movie this Sunday and it was very well done! As with the series, the murder case wasn't all that exciting but following the somewhat damaged Himekawa and her colleagues was as delightful and interesting as ever. Though one minor complaint, to make the movie "broody, dark and atmospheric" they made it rain non-stop. But Japan is not England or Belgium, it doesn't even rain that much during rainy season.

Then I watched Girl, Japan's answer to Sex and the City I think. It follows the story of 4 Tokyo women and while Aso Kumiko's career women pitted against men story is brilliant and spot-on, the other stories are not that great. The single mum and older women liking a younger colleague stories are acceptable but just your basic drama material and the Karina story is cheesy and childish.
tirador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kitagawa Keiko & Nishikido Ryo to star in a movie based on a true love story

It was announced that actress Kitagawa Keiko and Kanjani8 member Nishikido Ryo will be starring in movie �gDakishimetai�g, which will be directed by Shiota Akihiko.

It will be a love story between a girl on a wheelchair, who is unable to properly use the left side of her body due to a traffic accident and also suffers from a memory disorder, and an ordinary taxi driver.

This is a true story that happened in Abashiri, Hokkaido, and it was aired as a documentary program on TBS back in July of 2011.

According to the director Shiota, he felt the �gstrength to carry out her own way of living�h in Kitagawa, and the �gstrength to expose his weakness�h in Nishikido.

The filming for the movie is said to start on February 12th in Abashiri. As Abashiri is a cold town where it gets to minus 20 degrees Celsius when drift ice arrives, Kitagawa commented, �gI�fm little worried that I might not be able to say my lines well (because of the cold weather)�h, and also said, �gI would like to make it a movie that could encourage people who are in similar situations.�h

Nishikido also made a comment, �gThough this will be my first time co-starring with Kitagawa-san, we are both from Kansai area. So I want to join forces, and do our best together.�h

Reportedly, there is a scene where Nishikido carries Kitagawa in his arms, and a scene in which they kiss passionately, giving viewers even more to look forward to.

�gDakishimetai�h will open in theaters next year.

<Plot>

A lively girl �gTsukasa�h (Kitagawa), who is good at sports, becomes a wheelchair user as the left side of her body is disabled due to a traffic accident from a couple of years ago. She is also suffering from a memory disorder which was caused by the accident, but she still lives her life positively.

One day, she encounters a taxi driver �gMasami�h (Nishikido), who has a charming smile, and they fall in love with each other. The couple overcome many hardships together, and finally, decide to get married. They also find out that Tsukasa is pregnant. However, a harsh fate is awaiting them�c
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ So is Ryo going to play a log or a wooden plank?
WD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryo might just be playing something similar to his 1 Litre of Tears role lol.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Main cast members for the movie adaptation of �gOshin�h revealed
by Shiso on February 5, 2013 at 8:24 pm

The legendary NHK morning drama �gOshin�h will be getting a movie adaptation which will be directed by Togashi Shin, and the main cast members have been revealed at the public presentation held on February 5th.

�gOshin�h was written by a scriptwriter Hashida Sugako, and it was aired during 1983 ~ 1984 with a total of 297 episodes. The drama received a peak rating of 62.9%, and average rating of 52.6% (in Kanto region, according to Video Research) which are the highest rating number in the TV drama history in Japan. Set about 100 years ago, the drama depicts the life of �gOshin�h, a woman who was born in a poor village in Yamagata, and lives strongly without losing to hardships. It was also broadcast in 86 countries and regions all over the world.

The movie adaptation will mainly feature �gOshin�hs girlhood. It will depict �gOshin�h growing up earnestly and charmingly in the severe, yet magnificent nature in Yamagata, while thinking of her family regardless of many hardships. It will be based on the script written by Hashida for the TV drama 30 years ago, but will be adding some new stories.

The main cast members announced on this day include Hamada Kokone as the protagonist �gOshin�h, Ueto Aya as �gFuji�h (Oshin�fs mother), Kishimoto Kayoko as �gTsune�h (a servant at a timber store under Oshin�fs first employer), Kobayashi Ayako as �gMino�h (the young mistress at Kaga-ya, Ohin�fs second employer), Nogi Ryosuke as �gSeitaro�h (the master of Kaga-ya), Yoshimura Jitsuko as �gNaka�h (Oshin�fs grandmother), Mitsushima Shinnosuke as �gShunsaku�h (a deserter), Guts Ishimatsu as �gMatsuzou�h (a charcoal-burner), and Izumi Pinko as �gKuni�h (the mistress of Kaga-ya).

At the public presentation, Ueto, Izumi, Hamada, Hashida, and the director Togashi made appearances

Ueto commented, �gI�fm thankful to people who chose me over many actresses, but I feel pressured at the same time. I know there will be those that voice that it�fs still too early for me to play the role, or I do not look like a mother, but Pinko-san gave me great advice: �eIt�fll be fine as long as you put your all into the role. I know you can do it.�f so I will play this role putting my all into it!�h Izumi who played as Oshin�fs mother in the previous TV drama, whom Ueto will be playing in the movie, said, �gI�fm glad that Aya-chan will be playing the role. I�fm sure it will be a great movie if we work hard.�h The rookie child actress Hamada who was chosen among 2,500 people in audition, appeared in costume for the role, and said, �gI will try my best in playing the role of Oshin,�h while turning red in the cheeks.

The whole filming will be held in Yamagata, and it is said to start in the middle of February. The movie will be open in theaters in October.

Source & Image: MANTAN WEB

http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02/main-cast-members-for-the-movie-adaptation-of-oshin-revealed/
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Bad idea, just my opinion. I'm sure between the Aya fanboys and people that want to see it just out of curiousity it will do well at the box office. But you're not going to improve on the original, so what's the point?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
But you're not going to improve on the original, so what's the point?

I agree.

Another case where recycling is NOT a good thing. Shake Head
EstherM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^Latest news:
Goro Inagaki has been also cast in the big screen adaptation (as Oshin's father I believe)
So now, we have the middle-aged fangirls also on board, and I am not convinced at all.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All they need now is Jun Matsumoto as the guy hiding from the army. bleh
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo' chosen as Best Picture at 36th Japan AcademyPrize

On March 8, the awarding ceremony for the �g36th Japan Academy Prize�h was held at Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa, Tokyo, and Kamiki Ryunosuke�fs starring movie �gKirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo�h was the big winner, being selected for the �gPicture of the Year�h, �gDirector of the Year�h, and �gOutstanding Achievement in Film Editing.�h

The movie also received the popularity award (for the picture category), and Hashimoto Ai and Higashide Masahiro who both appeared in the film, have been chosen as two of the winners for the �gNewcomer of the Year.�h

�gKirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo�h is based on Asai Ryo�fs award-winning novel of the same name, and the story starts where the most popular student at the school, and the captain of the school volleyball team, �gKirishima�h suddenly quits the team. This news about Kirishima shocks the entire school, and it also causes distortion among students which brings a disruption of the hierarchy at the high school.

Other winners of the 36th Japan Academy Prize below.

=====

<Picture of the Year>
- �gKirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo�h
<Animation of the Year>
- �gOokami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki�h
<Director of the Year>
- Yoshida Daihachi (�gKirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo�h)
<Screenplay of the Year>
- Uchida Kenji (�gKagi Dorobou no Method�h)
<Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role>
- Abe Hiroshi (�gThermae Romae�h)
<Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role>
- Kiki Kirin (�gWaga Haha no Ki�h)
<Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role>
- Otaki Hideji (�gAnata e�h)
<Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role>
- Yo Kimiko (�gAnata e�h)
<Outstanding Achievement in Music>
- Kawai Ikuko (�gKita no Canaria-tachi�h)
<Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography>
- Kimura Daisaku (�gKita no Canaria-tachi�h)
<Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction>
- Sugimoto Takashi (�gKita no Canaria-tachi�h)
<Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction>
- Isoda Norihiro/Kondo Nariyuki (�gNobou no Shiro�h)
<Outstanding Achievement in Sound Recording>
- Hashimoto Fumio (�gRengo Kantai Shirei Chokan Yamamoto Isoroku -Taiheiyou Senso 70-nen me no Shinjitsu-�h)
<Outstanding Achievement in Film Editing>
- Kusakabe Mototaka (�gKirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo�h)
<Outstanding Foreign Language Film>
- �gIntouchables�h
<Newcomer of the Year>
- Takei Emi (�gRurouni Kenshin�h/�hAi to Makoto�h/�hKyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu�h)
- Nikaido Fumi (�gHimizu�h/�hAku no Kyoten�h)
- Hahismoto Ai (�gKirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo�h/�hHOME Itoshi no Zashiki Warashi�h/�hAnother�h)
- Sometani Shota (�gHimizu�h/�hAku no Kyoten�h)
- Changmin (Tohoshinki) (�gOugon wo Daite Tobe�h)
- Higashide Masahiro (�gKirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo�h)
- Matsuzaka Tori (�gTsunagu�h/�hKirin no Tsubasa�h/�hKyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu�h)
<Special Award from the Chairman>
- The late Shindo Kaneto (Film Director/Screenwriter : passed away on May 29, 2012, aged 100)
- The late Hashimoto Fumio (Recording Engineer : passed away on November 2, 2012, aged 84)
- The late Mori Mitsuko (Actress : passed away on November 10, 2012, aged 92)
- The late Yamada Isuzu (Actress : passed away on July 9, 2012, aged 95)
- The late Wakamatsu Koji (Film Director : passed away on October 17, 2012, aged 76)
<Special Award from the Association>
- Okayasu Promotion (Negative Editing)/Sanyo Henshushitsu (Negative Editing)
- Sugawara Toshio (Sword Fight Arranger)
- Baba Masao (Art Manager)
- Miyamoto Masae (Costume Designer)
<Services Award from the Chairman>
- �gOdoru Daisousasen�h series
<Okada Shigeru Award>
- Central Arts K.K.
<Special Award of Honour from the Association>
- Yamada Yoji (Film Director)
<Popularity Award>
- Picture : �gKirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo�h
- Actor/Actress : Oshima Yuko (�gYamikin Ushijima-kun�h)
monta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching Nodame movie 2. Can't seem to remember where I left off. And I'm guessing there's no news on season 2 of the dorama?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monta wrote:
Watching Nodame movie 2. Can't seem to remember where I left off. And I'm guessing there's no news on season 2 of the dorama?

Season 2 ? Head Scratch
antspace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched Ikiru by Akira Kurosawa. Took a bit of getting into, but was really worth it. A beautiful insight in the night life of Japan shortly after the war, and in a terrible bureaucracy.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

antspace wrote:
Just watched Ikiru by Akira Kurosawa. Took a bit of getting into, but was really worth it. A beautiful insight in the night life of Japan shortly after the war, and in a terrible bureaucracy.

You should check out Kurosawa's Akahige (Red Beard) as well. Victory! Peace!
monta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Season 2 ? Head Scratch

Yeah, I finished the movie last night. I guess that's not happening.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monta wrote:
I guess that's not happening.

Nope.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More details on upcoming 'SPEC' movie

It was announced that upcoming movie �gSPEC ~Close~�g, which is the concluding episode of the �gSPEC�h series, will be a 2 part movie titled �gGekijouban SPEC ~Close~ Zen no Hen�h and �gGekijouban SPEC ~Close~ Kou no Hen.�h Both parts will be released successively this fall.

�gSPEC�h series started as a serial drama (on TBS) that aired back in October of 2010, and it follows the odd duo of �gToma Saya�h (played by Toda Erika) and �gSebumi Takeru�h (played by Kase Ryo), who are the special agents of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Public Security Bureau and tackle difficult and mysterious cases related to criminals with certain special abilities (called as �gSPEC HOLDER�h). There was also a special drama �gSPEC ~Sho~�h (aired in April 2012), as well as a movie �gSPEC ~Ten~�h (released in April 2012).

Including the regular cast members from the drama, such as Ryu Raita (as �gNonomura Kotaro�h), and Arimura Kasumi (as �gMasaki Miyabi�h), there will be appearances of the successive �gSPEC HOLDERS�h who also appeared in the drama which include Asano Yuko (as �gMadam Yang�h), Kamiki Ryunosuke (as �gNinomae Juichi�h), Fukuda Saki (as �gShimura Mirei�h), Shirota Yu (as �gChii Satoshi�h), Tanaka Tetsushi (as �gReisen Toshiaki�h), Yasuda Ken (as �gUnno Ryota�h), and Mano Erina (as �gSatori�h).

Also, Kitamura Kazuki (as �gKikkawa Shu�h), who made a guest appearance on the previous special drama �gSPEC ~Sho~�h, and Kuriyama Chiaki (as �gAoike Satoko�h), who appeared in the previous film �gSPEC ~Ten~�h, will be appearing. Moreover, Kashii Yu, KENCHI (EXILE), and Endo Kenichi will be joining as new characters.

Additionally, it was announced that Mukai Osamu and Oshima Yuko will be making appearances as well. Mukai�fs role will be �gSekai�h, a mysterious man in white, who appeared in the last scene of the previous movie �gSPEC ~Ten~�h, and Oshima�fs role will be a mysterious woman who will be the key to the story.

Prior to the release of the movies, another special drama �gSPEC ~Zero~�h is also set to be aired this fall, and it will depict the story of how Toma ended up losing her left hand. The guest characters for the special drama include Osugi Ren, Kawashima Umika, and Takashima Masanobu.

Source: Oricon
EstherM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^Yay!! I will be looking forward w00t!
So it was indeed Mukai Osamu as the white suit man. I thought so too while watching the movie last April, but never bothered to check.

I watched No no Otoko (Brain Man) a few weeks back. It's a mystery-horror-thriller-psychological drama mash and a tad too brutal. The poor man's Silence of the Lamb so to speak. The cast does an okay job but the serial killers are quite frankly ridiculous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230  Next
Page 226 of 230

Jump to: