jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Ueno Juri
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1690, 1691, 1692 ... 1732, 1733, 1734  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redkazuo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Not sure about the movies, but there was one premiere or whatever where she was obviously wearing a wig... Not sure why. Sweat

I don't know where the first image is from. It reads "Nodame Cantabile suddenly joins the battle!" The second image seems to be from this announcement of the first movie.

In 2009 it was friday on december 25th, so I guess it's from the same show(?).

I agree that looks like a wig, anyway.

Maybe they thought "whatever, it can't be THAT bad having just one more character in a wig!"

Last edited by redkazuo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
redkazuo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oops.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still haven't figured out why she'd be wearing a wig in the first place... Head Scratch
po0t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bad hair day? is there a vid for that anywhere?
redkazuo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
I still haven't figured out why she'd be wearing a wig in the first place... Head Scratch

Hmm... I guess it could be that

- air humidity in Europe in the season they filmed was different enough from Japan so that her hair didn't look like Nodame's hair anymore;
- they couldn't wait for her hair to grow (that'd be a really bad reason...);
- Juri's hair changed for some reason (for example, a medication she had to take).
- She was already growing her hair to do Gou;
- They had her wear a wig that looks more aesthetically pleasing to the Korean and Chinese public;
- Juri is very moody and doesn't want to have the Nodame hair ever again;
- The director has a wig fetish;

The last two seem to be the most likely to me. hehe

I haven't seen any video of that. Apparently, there was a road show to promote the movie, too.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ The odd thing is that there were various promotions before and after her "wig appearances" where her hair looked absolutely normal... Head Scratch

I could understand if she were wearing a wig at the beginning or the end of the promotions, but in the middle???

BTW: Episodes 91-120 are up: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127919.htm ...But missing a number of episodes. Sad
redkazuo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
^ The odd thing is that there were various promotions before and after her "wig appearances" where her hair looked absolutely normal... Head Scratch

I could understand if she were wearing a wig at the beginning or the end of the promotions, but in the middle???

BTW: Episodes 91-120 are up: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127919.htm ...But missing a number of episodes. Sad

I guess it's the bad hair day thing, then.

Thank you!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

redkazuo wrote:
I guess it's the bad hair day thing, then.

Maybe she was getting her hair dyed or bleached... Her hair was brown at the start of the promotions and was black at the end, if I recall.....
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The final batch of Teruteru Kazoku is up: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127991.htm Victory! Peace!
po0t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for all the uploads racer Applaud
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

po0t wrote:
thanks for all the uploads racer Applaud

No problem... Wish I had the missing and incomplete episodes... Sweat
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

po0t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/7296524/

possibly more stuff about Juri's temperament? aghh.. reading bad translations hurts my brain! Bonk
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

po0t wrote:
http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/7296524/

possibly more stuff about Juri's temperament?

Meh, lots of speculation, zero proof.
po0t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i came across one that was talkin about illegal drug use or some crap.. don't know if that was just the bad translation : P
0xDEADBEEF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Meh, lots of speculation, zero proof.

My fave is supposedly a boozing, chain-smoking, co-star killing slut.

One learns to ignore it.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

po0t wrote:
i came across one that was talkin about illegal drug use or some crap.. don't know if that was just the bad translation : P

That sounds like Sawajiri Erika's field of expertise. Beaten
po0t

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is that all the article was? pure speculation? sounded like they were quoting some of the costars from Gou.. though i don't know that for sure

almost like slander/libel then isn't it? never understood how tabloids get away with some of the stuff they write..
redkazuo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

po0t wrote:
is that all the article was? pure speculation? sounded like they were quoting some of the costars from Gou.. though i don't know that for sure

almost like slander/libel then isn't it? never understood how tabloids get away with some of the stuff they write..

They're quoting quite a handful of people, from Joudan Janai to Gou, saying she's left completely by herself every single time.

I'm a huge fan of Juri myself, but they do seem to have pretty good arguments, citing public speeches by costars (including Asami Mizukawa, who played nodame, last friends and gou with her)

I think it all looks like she just knows she's really good at acting and isn't afraid to show it.

In Japan, being self-centered is really, really really really looked down upon. I guess it makes sense that she may not be so well liked in the industry. And it would explain why she has little work these days, and she always had fewer CMs than she seemed to deserve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1690, 1691, 1692 ... 1732, 1733, 1734  Next
Page 1691 of 1734

Jump to: