jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
AKB48 - Akihabara48
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runpup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oricon has reported on its daily single ranking chart for August 23rd that AKB48�fs latest single, �gFlying Get�g, has sold an astonishing 1,025,952 copies – all on its first day!

For reference, their last hit single �gEveryday, Kachuusha�h took two days to reach the million mark, which was already a feat within itself. The group sold 942,475 copies of �gEveryday, Kachuusha�h on the first day alone, but went on to break an Oricon record by selling over 1.52 million copies.

The Cutest Girl in the World!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I knew they were big, but I didn't know they were THIS BIG!! (aka, "A fanboy and his money are soon parted"):

2011 Oricon music industry report: AKB48 achieved 15% market share of singles

January 20, 2012

This week, Oricon released its annual music market report, which covers sales for singles, albums, DVDs, and Blu-rays. Last month, the company already revealed the rankings for the top-selling artists in various categories, but the new report contains information about the industry as a whole as well. The data also re-confirms the magnitude of idol group AKB48�fs success, indicating a 15% market share of the single sales that Oricon tracks.

As announced last month, AKB48��s total artist sales amounted to 16.28 billion yen. This accounted for 5.4% of the entire music market in 2011, which was over 314.1 billion yen.

AKB48 was most successful in the singles category, having released 5 singles that all sold more than a million copies. Their total single sales amounted to nearly 9.59 billion yen, helping push the singles market up 16.9% from the previous year to more than 62.0 billion yen. In other words, AKB48 captured 15.46% of the singles market.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
(aka, "A fanboy and his money are soon parted"):

Hehe. rofl
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can US48 be far behind?

AKB48 to launch new sister group SNH48 in Shanghai

April 22, 2012

The company that produces AKB48 has announced the formation of a new sister group overseas. The Shanghai-based SNH48 will be the third overseas group in the AKB48 family, following in the footsteps of the Jakarta-based JKT48 and the Taipei-based TPE48.

AKB48 has been very popular in China, with the group�fs official online forum in China reportedly boasting more than 2 million members. The group has also visited China multiple times to meet with fans.

Like all of the other AKB48 groups, including JKT48 and TPE48, Akimoto Yasushi will serve as the general producer. Reports say that the first audition for members will be held this fall, with activities to begin in December.

Sources:
Sponichi Annex
Sankei Sports
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, has anybody been following the Minami Minegishi brouhaha?

If not, here's the short version: She was caught by some tabloid rag coming out of some boy band members apartment one morning. As a result she was punished by being sent to AKB48's lower group. She also decided as an act of penance to shave her head and apologize (video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlzrIgacADU&feature=player_embedded)

Here's a rough translation of what she said:

"I am very sorry for worrying the members, you fans, staff members, my family, and many people for the article about me on a weekly magazine that will be released today.

As the first generation member of AKB48 that was formed back in 2005, I was supposed to be in the position where I always had to act as a role model for the junior members. However, what I have done was such a thoughtless and a lack of self-awareness behavior.

Since my mind is still in blank, I did not know what to do or what I can do, but as I just saw the magazine, I could not sit still, so I decided all by myself to shave my head without even telling the members or my agency.

I do not expect that I would be forgiven by doing this, but what I first thought was that I did not want to quit AKB48.

I was unable to think of leaving AKB48 now where the members I love and spent my youth together, and you warm fans are. I know this is being over�]optimistic, but I want to stay as Minegishi Minami of AKB48 if possible.

It was all my fault about this. I am very sorry.

I will leave everything to Akimoto-sensei�fs and the management�fs judgement. Though I haven�ft been able to sort out my feelings, I just wanted to tell you how I was feeling right now.

Thank you."

This whole idol thing is starting to get way out of hand. Shake Head
EstherM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ yep nasty, but a good example on what is still wrong inJapanese society: gender equality, labour rights, protection of minors, bullying etc
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
^ yep nasty, but a good example on what is still wrong inJapanese society: gender equality, labour rights, protection of minors, bullying etc

It looks like they've taken the video down although I'm sure it's probably out there in other places. To the surprise of almost no one, nothing has been said about the guy involved in all this. Shake Head
EstherM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ maybe he's a bit of nobody and not relevant for the press, maybe since Exile and entourage don't sell the "pure sexy only for fans" fantasy, their management might be more tolerant. Or it's the usual ...
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also posted this in the Japan News thread but in case anybody missed it:

AKB48 members slashed by saw wielding man at handshake event

AKB48 which was holding a handshaking event in Takizawa City, Iwate Prefecture, on 25 May, got a rude shock when a man wielding a saw injured two of its members i.e. Kawaei Rina and Iriyama Anna and a male staff member. The man who is 24 years old and from Towada City, Aomori Prefecture, was arrested for alleged attempted murder.

According to the police, the man had queued up to enter a tent used for the handshaking event and had used the saw to hurt the two AKB48 members and the male staff member who rushed to stop him. The saw was a foldable type which was about 25cm long. The two members underwent surgery at a hospital in Morioka City and are scheduled to be discharged on 27 May.

In view of what happened, the performances at the AKB48 Theatre on 26 May will be cancelled and there will be further announcements if and when the performances will resume. Meanwhile, NMB48's 9th performance of the "NMB48 feat. Yoshimoto Shin Kigeki" and the handshaking event at Kanazawa City, Ishikawa Prefecture, will also be postponed.

Source: Mainichi Shimbun
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update:

On May 27, AKB48 members Kawaeri Rina and Iriyama Anna, who got injured during the group's handshake event in Iwate on May 25, updated their Google+ and messaged to their fans.

Kawaei wrote with her photo, "I'm sorry everyone for worrying you. I am recovering well little by little (^^)." She also revealed that she would make an appearance via telephone on Fuji TV's live broadcasting show "Viking", which she serves as the regular member for Wednesdays, for May 28th' broadcast. (Kawaei's Google+)

Iriyama also updated her Google+ on the same day with her smiling photo, "Everyone, I am sorry for causing so many worries this time. Though I fractured and got some slashes, I received stitches at a hospital in Iwate, and I returned to Tokyo yesterday. Currently, I am in a calm environment and living quietly. I am able to smile everyday! The support and encouragement from you all are helping me a lot. I hope I could show you myself looking cheerful soon. Please wait for me (^o^)��." (Iriyama's Google+)

Not only AKB48 and its sister groups, but other idol groups' events are also being postponed or canceled.

AKB will close their theater during this month, and their handshake event for this weekend has been postponed. Their sister groups NMB48 and SKE48 also decided to postpone their handshake events. AKB48 member Iwasa Misaki's solo event has been postponed as well.

HKT48 member Moriyasu Madoka also revealed via her Google+ that there was a meeting for all the members and their family members, which was to explain them for the current and future situation.

It was also announced Idoling!!! canceled the release event for their new single and handshake event scheduled on the 28th due to advice from the police, and Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku canceled their handshake event, which was planned for the 31st after their public radio event.

Seven-member group Happiness also canceled their new single release events during May 29 ~ June 1, while both SUPER��GiRLS and Cheeky Parade also canceled their "high touch" event and handshake event, respectively.

On the other hand, Hello! Project announced that they would hold events as planned with even more tightened security.

Source: Oricon (1+2+3)
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now's your chance to put "I was in AKB48" on your resume:

AKB48 looking for part-timers, pays 1000 yen an hour

Recruitment site "Baitoru" has a new job posting from none other than popular idol group AKB48.

"Baito AKB" is searching for a part-time member to join the group's ranks as part of a collaboration between AKB48 and Baitoru. The part-time member will be paid 1000 yen an hour, and her duties will include performing at concerts, attending handshake events, and appearing on TV and in commercials.

This new 'job opening' was announced at the "Baitoru AKB48 Special Live ~ Baitoru no Hi Natsu Matsuri ~" on August 10. It was also announced through the new Baitoru CM "Baito AKB Recruitment Notice" revealed on August 11. AKB48 members, aside from the new 'Kami 7' (Watanabe Mayu, Sashihara Rino, Kashiwagi Yuki, Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Yamamoto Sayaka, Shimazaki Haruka) who appeared in the CM, were not aware of this new job opening.

Below are the details on "Baito AKB":

Hourly Wage: 1000 yen

Company: AKS Agency (which manages the AKB48 groups)

Location: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo (nearest train station: Akihabara), Others

Hours: 7:00AM~9:00PM (adhering to labor laws)

Period: Until end of February, 2015. Contract renewable for 3 months after
Other benefits: Insurance, transportation allowance, costumes, food allowance provided.
Qualifications: No experience required. Female above middle school who does not belong to any talent agency
How to apply: Via web forms or by mail
Application period: 8/10/2014~9/10/2014 (midnight)
Application process: 1 elimination round (application), 1 interview (audition), final round (audition)

Announcement: end of September 2014 (tentative)

Source: Cinema Today
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody looking to join AKB48 for "fame and fortune" better forget about the "fortune" part.

Megumi Ohori reveals her salary during her AKB48 days

On October 9, talento Ohori Megumi updated her blog revealing her salary during her days in AKB48.

Ohori, who shared that she visited Ueno the other day, started, "I felt nostalgic about the past when I was living in Ueno during my days in AKB48." She then revealed, "My pay back then was 45,000 yen (approximately $418 USD), so with the rent and utility bills, I was barely scraping by. There were times when I would live off of 29 yen bean sprouts." She continued, "I would often take home bentos from work. For me, Ueno is a place where my stomach tightens up."

Ohori was the cafe staff inside of AKB48 Theater. She made her debut as a 2nd generation member in 2006. Afterwards, she joined SDN48, an AKB48 sister group that ended their activities in 2012. Ohori married scriptwriter Kanazawa Tatsuya in 2013, and gave birth to their 1st child in June of this year.

Source: Cinema Today
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now fanboys won't have to go to Japan to get their fix:

AKB48 to form sister groups in Taiwan, Philippines, and Thailand

AKB48 will form sister groups TPE48 in Taiwan, MNL48 in Manila, and BNK48 in Bangkok, Thailand.

This was announced on March 26th during AKB48's concert at Yokohama Stadium. The new group projects are slated to begin this year.

Source: natalie
sassyanne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Now fanboys won't have to go to Japan to get their fix:

AKB48 to form sister groups in Taiwan, Philippines, and Thailand

AKB48 will form sister groups TPE48 in Taiwan, MNL48 in Manila, and BNK48 in Bangkok, Thailand.

This was announced on March 26th during AKB48's concert at Yokohama Stadium. The new group projects are slated to begin this year.

Source: natalie

So there's an audition in Manila? Yay I live in Manila! Hope I can meet akb48 😊
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One AKB48 member to star in Mexican TV drama

On December 10th, AKB48 held their 7th AKB48 Kohaku Taikou Uta Gassen. During this event, there was a surprise announcement that one member of AKB48 will be cast in the Mexican TV drama 'L.I.K.E.'

At the end of the event, a video message by Mexican TV producer Pedro Damian was shown announcing the production of 'L.I.K.E.' and he stated, "He wanted to cast a Japanese woman in the drama, and after discussion with Yasushi Akimoto, it was decided one member from AKB48 would be selected."

The member who is selected will study abroad for one year beginning next year.

Source: Oricon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38

Jump to: