jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1314, 1315, 1316 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always believe that this is the REAL recommendations thread.

Thx guys for your commentaries on the current run of dramas. 'Sharehouse' is currently one drama I would look forward to Ep2. It feels like watching Yasashii Jikan all over again.

'Dinner' was like re-doing the 1990s dramas on food. Nothing original. Nobunaga No Chef is one drama which I would skip the first 40minutes and catch the last 10minutes.

Karamazov no Kyoudai and Yakou Kanransha are daaark. I find it hard to swallow that the once-glamourous gals have become haggard housewives in Yakou Kanransha.

Tonbi has the highest rating.....has anyone watched it?
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry....are there two versions of 'Tonbi' filmed in the same year ? Sweat
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:
sorry....are there two versions of 'Tonbi' filmed in the same year ? Sweat

There was a "Tonbi" in 2012 that was two-parts: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tonbi

And there's this years "Tonbi":http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tonbi_2013

I haven't seen either one.
Aya_Man_1988

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently nothing, because I can't think of any more light-hearted Drama's like "Kimi wa Petto..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
suzzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haas anyone watched seven ??? with Eita and Matsumoto Jun ??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:

Regarding the new season, I watched episode 2 of Saikou no Rikon, it's also quite realistic and slow but I started to think that if the most exciting thing is the ending credit (superb) there is maybe something wrong ...

Up thru episode 2 also. I think this drama will either be pretty good or one that could have been but somehow gets lost along the way.

I'm not sure the writer knows what he wants. Sometimes it's funny and light (mostly with Ono Machiko and her family) and sometimes very serious (that last scene with Maki and Eita). Head Scratch
EstherM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ yep the concept/goal is not clear to me after 2 episodes - which can be a very good thing because it means a fresh approach or bad thing because the writer has no clue where this is going too ...
I missed episode 3 on TV last week though.

Karamazov no Kyoudai episode 1 made Shokuzai look like a happy-go-lucky fairytale.
WhiteHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been taking advantage of the recent re-seeding of Brand and Bubble. It's nice to go retro once in a while. Not everything has to be in HD. Beaten Besides, I'm learning things from watching Bubble, since I wasn't paying as much attention to Japan's economy back then.

Also watching Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de and Saikou no Rikon (Maki Yoko!). Planning on checking out Akutou, Apoyan, and Yakou Kanransha next.

Gawd, I miss Japan. Shameful Cry
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

suzzy wrote:
Haas anyone watched seven ??? with Eita and Matsumoto Jun ??

yep. The SP was good, unlike the preceding episodes where Eita disappeared in most part of the drama except for the opening and concluding episodes. I enjoyed the fight scenes of Eita and Matsumoto Jun. A little disappointed that Nanako Matsushima had a role which likens a decorative vase on the screen set.
WD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Yeah the SP was so much better than the series for me too. I got disappointed when Eita disappeared in the series.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
suzzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:

yep. The SP was good, unlike the preceding episodes where Eita disappeared in most part of the drama except for the opening and concluding episodes. I enjoyed the fight scenes of Eita and Matsumoto Jun. A little disappointed that Nanako Matsushima had a role which likens a decorative vase on the screen set.
yea I like the fight scene too ... that look like it was fun to shoot as well as to do ... it sure look wicked Beaten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WD wrote:
^ Yeah the SP was so much better than the series for me too. I got disappointed when Eita disappeared in the series.
what NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched Ima Ai ni Yukimasu in about 3 days not long ago. I really liked the first few episodes. This felt like my kind of drama with slight melancholy, slice of life feel, and a reuniting family. I felt like I could watch it forever at times. But the acting felt rather average with the characters being a bit 2 dimensional. The final revelation/explanation lacked build-up, so while it could have added depth to the characters, it was at the end and the audience (I) had no time to reflect deeply on the implications it had throughout the story. The back story between the couple during school years was interesting and had me coming back for more every episodes. ( I haven't read the book or seen the movie)
DoramaQ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TONBI (2013)

DINNER

APOYAN - HASHIRU KOKUSAI KUUKOU
EstherM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's getting busy so I missed already a few episodes of dramas I wanted to follow Shameful Cry but I randomly watched an episode of Nakuna, Hara-chan with Nagase Tomoya who plays a manga character coming to life. Perfect show for Nagase's overacting (though it's getting boring) and he's paired with the lovely Aso Kumiko who's bitter character has given up a little on life. But since this is a Saturday night drama which is mostly watched by parents and their young children, I suppose this will remain on the light/silly side.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:

Tonbi has the highest rating.....has anyone watched it?

Watched episode 1 (which runs an hour and a half). I can see why it's getting the ratings. Thumbsup

Update: Watched episode 2, this is very good! Masaaki is kind of playing his character similar to how he played Sakamoto in "JIN". Very energetic, over the top, but he's got a good heart. Applaud
Edwiges2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Boss My Hero

I can't believe I've waited all this time to watch this great drama, a friend has told me years ago it was good but I didn't listen. :crazy:
sadacori

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching Lipstick for the 3rd time. One of my fave dark dramas.Smile

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
Eve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sadacori wrote:
Watching Lipstick for the 3rd time. One of my fave dark dramas.Smile

Im glad. Mr Green

Watching Kuitan because of you! glomp

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
sadacori

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

Im glad. Mr Green

Watching Kuitan because of you! glomp

Just got the last disc in today. Been watching the episodes before it in anticipation. Big Grin And we're going to continue watching Kuitan after Lipstick. Thanks Eve!! Dancing

Currently watching: Netflix stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1314, 1315, 1316 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1315 of 1375

Jump to: