jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Upcoming JDramas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 146, 147, 148  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'Legal High' special to air in April

On January 31, Fuji TV announced that the lawyer comedy drama �eLegal High�e – starring Sakai Masato – will be returning with a special episode on April 13.

In �eLegal High�f, Sakai plays an eccentric, lavish and moody lawyer with a wicked tongue who partners up with a hot blooded rookie lawyer played by actress Aragaki Yui. Both will reprise their roles for the special, while actor Kitaouji Kinya has been added as the opposing lawyer in the new case.

Komikado Kensuke (Sakai) has quite a problematic personality, which earned him a bad image in the world of lawyers. However, his skills are unprecedented and he can boast with a 100% winning percentage for his cases. The main topic of the upcoming special is going to be bullying in junior high school. Komikado and Mayuzumi Machiko (Aragaki) take the side of the student who was bullied, while Kitaouji plays the veteran lawyer who defends the school. The manly veteran lawyer will be certainly one of the strongest opponents for both Komikado and Mayuzumi.

The producers thanked the enthusiastic supports by the viewers saying, �gWe have received many questions on when we would broadcast a continuation of this drama from our viewers.�h

Fuji TV will air the �eLegal High�f special drama at 9:00 pm on April 13th

Source: Sanspo
xploring

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Karasawa Toshiaki to star as a legendary thief in new TBS drama �eTAKE FIVE�f
by HPriest on February 7, 2013 at 5:49 pm

On February 8th, it was announced that actor Karasawa Toshiaki will be starring in the upcoming TBS spring drama �eTAKE FIVE�e, which the Japanese media has already dubbed as the Japanese version of �eOcean�fs Eleven�e.

�eTAKE FIVE�f follows a group of five individuals from different backgrounds, age groups, and occupation who work together as thieves in order to steal money from all types of rich scoundrels. The drama is said to feature an entertaining and thrilling mixture of comedy, suspense, action, love, friendship, and humanity.

Karasawa plays the leader and is the most talented thief of the group. In his normal life he works as an ordinary university professor, but the truth is that there has never been a more legendary thief in the history of Japan than him. Other main characters are played by Matsuyuki Yasuko, Matsuzaka Tori, Baisho Mitsuko, and SMAP�fs Inagaki Goro.

Matsuzaka plays a young thief who likes to think of himself as a better thief than their leader. He actually works for a security company and therefore is of much help when it comes to obtaining access to protected areas. Inagaki depicts a policeman who joins the group of thieves after being demoted / reduced in rank for certain reasons.

Actress Matsuyuki plays a female detective who is chasing this group of thieves while still feeling traumatized by her father�fs suicide. Veteran actress Baisho portrays a mysterious homeless woman who makes the protagonist become a thief again 20 years after he stopped robbing rich people.

The drama is going to include wire action sequences featuring Karasawa and Matsuzaka. Both of their characters are also going to court the female detective played by Matsuyuki, resulting in an almost obligatory love triangle.

The remaining two members of the group of thieves are made up of a mechanic and inventor played by Rokkaku Seiji and a young driver and newest member of the group played Irie Jingi. Additional characters include Chiba Yudai as a rookie detective and Fukuda Ayano as a graduate student at the university where the protagonist works.

TBS is going to air �eTAKE FIVE�f every Friday at 10:00 pm starting in April.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02/karasawa-toshiaki-to-star-as-a-legendary-thief-in-new-tbs-drama-take-five/
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aragaki Yui to star in a drama adaptation of �gSora Tobu Kouhoushitsu�h
by Shiso on February 12, 2013 at 9:27 pm

It was announced that Aragaki Yui will star in a new TBS drama �gSora Tobu Kouhoushitsu�g, which is a drama adaptation of Arikawa Hiro�fs novel of the same name.

The drama will be directed by Doi Nobuhiro, who has previously worked with Aragaki with the movies �gHanamizuki�h and �gKirin no Tsubasa ~Gekijoban Shinzanmono~�g.

In the drama, Aragaki will play a beautiful TV director named �gInaba Rika�h. Rika became a news reporter, which was her dream since childhood, however, she was transferred to an informative TV program as a director, after her forcible way of news gathering activities provoked people�fs antipathy.

Aragaki�fs co-star will be Ayano Go, who�fs gaining popularity through his appearances in several dramas. Ayano�fs role will be a former fighter aircraft pilot named �gSorai Daisuke�h. Daisuke had a dream to be a pilot of �gBlue Impulse�h since he was little, and the dream was about to come true. However, he was involved in an accident, and it caused him to be assigned to the public relations office. It was also announced Daisuke�fs boss �hSagisakaMasashi�h will be played by Shibata Kyohei. Sagisaka is said to be an ideal boss with outstanding negotiation skills and known as a �gtrickster, Sagisaka�h.

Aragaki commented, �gSometimes, when reading the script, I feel frustrated at Rika�fs straightforwardness toward her job, which makes her too blind with work. But she is just like us, as she makes mistakes and gets depressed which makes her figure things out, but sometimes she repeats the mistakes without noticing anything. She comes to a stop, and starts running again�c.I believe there will be many things that make you feel something through Rika. I will do my best to make it happen.�h

The two characters, �gInaba Rika�h and �gSorai Daisuke�h, who had to give up on their childhood dreams and run into the walls presented in their lives, are sure to win the sympathy of many viewers who have experience with labor and work.

�gSora Tobu Kouhoushitsu�h is schedule for broadcast starting on April 14th on TBS (every Sunday at 9:00 pm).

Source & Image: Cinematoday[/b]
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Atsuko Maeda to appear in new Shingo Katori drama

On February 16th, Fuji TV announced that the former AKB48 member Maeda Atsuko will be appearing in their upcoming spring drama �eKasuka na Kanojo�e starring SMAP�fs Katori Shingo.

This drama is going to mark Maeda�fs first participation in a drama since her graduation from AKB48 and her first role as a teacher. It�fs also her first time to appear in a Fuji TV �eTuesday-10�� drama.

�eKasuka na Kanojo�f is a romantic comedy set at a junior high school. The protagonist is a teacher named Koyama Akira (Katori), who has the ability to sense ghosts. The heroine, one of the ghosts who used to be a teacher, is played by Anne. Maeda is going to play the role of Kawai Chiho, the assistant homeroom teacher of Akira�fs class.

Chiho is very popular among the pupils. She is the ideal teacher – always smiling and completely devoting herself to her job, at least that what it looks like on the surface. The truth is that she couldn�ft be less passionate about her job as a teacher and that she would change her occupation as soon as she would get a chance.

Fuji TV is going to air �eKasuka na Kanojo�f every Tuesday at 10:00 pm starting in April.

Looks like Maeda has replaced Mana Ashida as this years favorite. Sorry, Mana. Easy come, easy go.
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On February 18th, TBS announced that actor Matsuda Shota will be starring in their upcoming detective drama �eSennyu Tantei Tokage�e.

This is Matsuda�fs second time to star as a detective after the 2009 drama Meitantei no Okite�e (TV Asahi) and his first time to star in a TBS drama. This time, he will play a former elite police detective who possesses an overwhelming memory.

�eSennyu Tantei Tokage�f is a mystery and suspense drama that follows Tokage and his assistant as they help the First Investigation Division of the Metropolitan Police Department with difficult and unresolved cases. His tough yet charming assistant, who does have feelings for him despite his unsociable nature, is played by actress Renbutsu Misako. One detective of the First Investigation Division is played by TOKIO�fs Matsuoka Masahiro. He is a well-liked, warmhearted, smart and very mature man, which is basically the complete opposite of Tokage.

Other characters include Tokage�fs former boss played by Endo Kenichi and the head of the �eYanagi Detective Bureau�f for which Tokage is working for, played by Ito Shiro. Actor Fukikoshi Mitsuru and actress Mimura are also appearing in the drama.

The script is written by Hashimoto Hiroshi (�eKarei Naru Ichizoku�f, �eJukunen Rikon�f, �eUnmei no Hito�f) and the direction handled by Ishii Yasuharu (�eHana Yori Dango�f, �eKurosagi�f).

The protagonist�fs nickname is �elizard�f, because he never lets anyone catch onto his tail while working undercover and always manages to maneuver himself out of a dangerous situation. He is also able to seemingly transform into all kind of different characters – from a male host to a doctor, or from a politician to a prisoner – in order to get down to a difficult case.

Tokage used to be a normal police detective working at the First Investigation Division, but one day he lost his partner because of a grave mistake. After this incident he quit his job and got hired by a private detective bureau that helps the police with secret undercover investigations. Tokage has a difficult personality, no sense of cooperation and doesn�ft trust anyone. He is methodical to the point of being neurotic and cynical to the point of being unsociable, but he also holds a great sense of justice and detests crimes.

To star as a detective in a drama is always a special chance for Matsuda, for his late father Matsuda Yuusaku was especially known for his great and multi-faceted performance as a detective in the 1979/1980 drama �eTantei Monogatari�e.

TBS will air �eSennyu Tantei Tokage�f every Thursday at 9:00 pm starting in April.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02/matsuda-shota-to-star-in-new-detective-drama-sennyu-tantei-tokage/
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Re; 'Legend of Aterui' : http://asianwiki.com/The_Legend_of_Aterui

I checked UTB's program schedule, but unfortunately they only list up to midnight.
xploring

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On February 19th, NTV announced that actress Yonekura Ryoko will be playing a female high school student in their upcoming spring drama �e35-sai no Koukousei�e (tentative title). It will be the very first time for Yonekura to play a high school girl in her career and her first starring drama on NTV in general.

�e35-sai no Koukousei�f is a socio-critical school drama set at a senior high school. It follows a 35 year-old woman who enters the school as a student, where she has to face the dark sides of present-day senior high schools, including bullying and playing hooky. The drama depicts how she is gradually changing the students as well as the school in general.

She hates it when students pretend not to see the difficulties of one of their classmates or blame someone else for the problems they are dealing with every day. Thanks to her age and experience in society, she can help the students to solve their problems and acts as an an older student they can rely on.

Yonekura is going to completely transform herself into an ordinary high school girl and the drama is going to show her wearing the school�fs uniform, doing homework after school, participating in physical education and so on. However, her character is still going to be somewhat different to a normal 17 year-old student. For example, she always arrives school in an expensive foreign car; or during lunch break she always goes to the smoking area and after school she always needs a refreshing can of beer. It is unknown why she suddenly returns to school 18 years after graduation, but the mystery about her identity is gradually going to be revealed as the story progresses.

Yonekura commented, �gFirst I thought I was going to play a teacher when I received the story, but then I was really glad to hear that I�fm actually going to play a student. I want to think about how all the different problems on the campus could be settled when experienced by a 35 year-old student and how it should be conveyed to the viewers. Please look forward to this drama!�h

The expectations for this drama are high, since Yonekura once again strengthened her image as the queen of drama ratings in the year 2012. The producer of the drama is aware of her ever increasing charms and the kind of image the viewers have of the actress. The producer hopes to live up to their expectations, while showing them yet another side of her by putting her into the role of a high school student.

NTV is going to air �e35-sai no Koukousei�f every Saturday at 9:00 pm starting in April.

Source: Cinema Today

http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02/yonekura-ryoko-to-play-a-high-school-girl-in-new-drama-35-sai-no-koukousei/
xploring

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sato Ryuta to star in a new late-night drama as a hopeless man who becomes an unlikely hero
by Shiso on February 21, 2013 at 1:48 am

It was announced that Sato Ryuta will star in a late night drama �gDetarame Hero (tentative title)�h that will start airing in April.

In the drama, Sato will play a hopeless man who is unemployed, hates to do anything troublesome, and asks girls for money. He is clearly not someone to be thanked by others. Though he is just a scum usually, he becomes a hero �gGoggle Z�h for 10 minutes.

-

One day, a hopeless man named �gKuzumi Kenta�h (Sato), whose favorite phrase is �git�fs troublesome�h, happens to take care of �gDaichi�h, a son of his older sister who passed away from a traffic accident, reluctantly.

Kenta finds out that his physical ability and five senses get 10 times stronger than usual only for 10 minutes when he eats a mysterious candy that Daichi has. Knowing about Kenta�fs special power, his best friend and police officer �gTanba Shuji�h tries to forcibly make Kenta into a hero.

-

Though it�fs a comedy, it will also be a human drama that shows Kenta�fs growth through helping people and being thanked by them in return.

Other than Sato, Tsukamoto Takashi (as �gTanba Shuji�h, Kenta�fs best friend and police officer), Motokariya Yuika (as �gKurata Natsuki�h, a part-time worker at a convenience store, who is helped by Kenta), and Kohinata Fumiyo (as �gKuroki Kei�h, a president of a pharmaceutical company, who is eyeing to research the superpower that was developed by Kenta�fs sister) will be making appearances in the drama. The script will be written by Nezu Rika (�gKimi ni Todoke�h, �gSaint��Oniisan�h) and Tokunaga Yuichi (�gStepfather Step�h).

Sato commented, �gI want to enjoy playing a scum to the fullest�c I want the viewers to see how the undisciplined man could grow through his relationship with a child. It may sound like a crazy drama, but I am sure it will be interesting to watch, so please look forward to it.�h

�gDetarame Hero (tentative title)�h is scheduled to begin airing starting on April 4th on YTV/NTV (every Thursday at 11:58 pm).

Source & Image: MANTAN WEB + Oricon
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On February 22, TV Asahi announced that the two actors Ito Hideaki and Sakaguchi Kenji will co-star in the upcoming detective drama titled �eDoubles�e.

10 years has passed since Ito and Sakaguchi last starred together in a project and in �eDoubles�f they are going to deal with heinous crimes as the strongest detective partners on TV. The drama is set at the central police station in Shinjuku, Tokyo and said to feature plenty of action, drama and comedy.

Both actors have already been portraying strong and �efighting men�f in their trademark series �eUmizaru�e and �eIryu�e, respectively. The last time they actually co-starred together was in the 2002 drama �eTentai Kansoku�e (Fuji TV). This time they are playing hot-blooded and righteous detectives who fight against increasing number of heinous crimes in Shinjuku.

Ito is portraying a thoughtless detective named �eYamashita Shunsuke�f who doesn�ft seem to care about the minor details when being on a case. Sakaguchi is playing a more serious and more hot-blooded kind of detective named �eTashiro Keiichi�f. Their actions and opinions are often clashing with each other, but despite those disputes they always end up cooperating in order to solve all the different cases.

Ito commented, �gKenji and I are of the same age, but when we worked together 10 years ago, we were still in our twenties. Back then we sort of tried to keep each other in check and weren�ft able to be all that upfront with each other. Now we get the chance to work together again at the end of our thirties, and with that part between us gone, I�fd like us to create a great drama together.�h

He continued, �gMy character will do a lot of action, handle guns and catch a lot of those small details related to a case. I want to create a character that even the very young viewers will admire and think of as �ecool�f. There have been many detective dramas already, but I hope the two of us will be able to leave our mark with this new detective series.�h

Sakaguchi stated, �gI�fm looking forward to work together with Hideaki again after 10 years. Moreover it�fs going to be a detective drama! I�fm really happy since we boys love detective dramas (laughs) I want to try my best as long as my physical strength lets me to.�h

He continued, �gIn our twenties, I strongly felt of Hideaki as my rival. I absolutely couldn�ft lose to him and observed him all the time, but right now I can only think about how nice it will be to create a great drama by joining our forces. I want us to build a duo that people simply won�ft be able to hate, although they always act recklessly.�h

The story follows detective Yamashita and Tashiro as they get transferred to a new special unit of the very best detectives that operate from the station in Shinjuku. This new unit is often being referred to as �eSection 0��.

�eDoubles�f is written by Ozaki Masaya (�eUmechan Sensei�f) and TV Asahi is going to air this drama every Thursday at 9:00 pm starting in April.

Source: Mantan-Web
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Like it said, this is the first time Ito and Sakaguchi are together since 'Tentai Kanzoku'. Now if they just work Manami Konishi and Kyoko Hasegawa into the cast, , , Fingers crossed
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was announced that actress Omasa Aya will star in TV Tokyo�fs upcoming drama �gVampire Heaven�h that will begin airing in April.

Omasa will play a beautiful vampire named �gSakurako�h while Honda Tsubasa will be Sakurako�fs best friend and also vampire named �gKomachi�h. The human male, whom the two vampires fall in love with, will be played by Hiraoka Yuta.

The drama will be written and directed by Seta Natsuki who has worked with Omasa in movie �gUsotsuki Mi-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan�g, and this will mark the first time for her to direct a TV drama.

The synopsis will be a sad love story in which two beautiful vampires �gSakurako�h (Omasa) and �gKomachi�h (Honda) fall in love with a man named �gHayato�h (Hiraoka).

-

After violating a taboo in the world of vampires, Sakurako and Komachi come down to the world of humans, and encounter a human male, Hayato. Though Sakurako instantly falls in love with Hayato, vampires have the disposition that the more they love somebody, the more they desire the person�fs blood. Sakurako finds out she can resist the uncontrollable impulse to suck blood somehow when she plays music, thus she strums on a guitar while thinking of her loved one. Komachi worries about Sakurako, but eventually, she also becomes attracted to Hayato.

-

Reportedly, Skurako�fs real age is 170 years old although she looks 20. She is particularly beautiful even among the vampires, but she has no experience with love. Komachi is actually 165 years old, but looks 20, and has a very vampire-like personality as she can be a little selfish and also has a cruel side. On the other hand, Hayato is a good looking guy, trying to become a professional musician. He keeps himself above all the vulgarity around him, but has an arrogant attitude toward others.

�gVampire Heaven�h is scheduled to air starting on April 12th (Every Friday at 12:52 am).

Source & Image: MANTAN WEB

It was announced that singer/actress Ono Erena will star in a serial drama �gTank Top Fighter�g. This will mark her first starring serial drama, and she will also be in charge of its theme song.

Reportedly, she will receive special training for a month under an action team that is active in Hollywood, and will show the action battles wearing tank tops.

The drama is an action suspense which follows college students sisters named �gKai�h (Ono) and �gRiku.�h They were spending every day peacefully, but one day, their father gets arrested on suspicion of burglary and murder. In order to return 100 million yen that is supposed to have been stolen by the father, the sisters become bounty hunters, and chase after 4 criminals.

Ono commented, �gMy aspiration for this year is �eto get hold of a chance, and make it my own�f, so I won�ft let it go!�h She continued, �gAlhough I have no experience in martial arts, I�fve taken lessons in swimming, ballet, rhythmic gymnastics, golfing, and gymnastics before. I also like dancing, so I have confidence in my physical strength. I will try my best to lead other cast members and staff members, so that the viewers will be able to enjoy the drama.�h

There is no information revealed regarding the theme song, but it is said to portray the outlook on the world of the drama.

�gTank Top Fighter�h will be aired in a late-night time slot on TBS/MBS starting in April.

Source & Image: Oricon
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On February 23rd, it was announced that actor Takahashi Katsumi and actress Eikura Nana are going to co-star in an upcoming TBS detective drama titled �eKakusho ~ Keishicho Sousa 3 Ka�e.

�eKakusho ~ Keishicho Sousa 3 Ka�f is based on the police novel �eKakusho�e written by Konno Bin. The story focuses on the Third Investigation Division of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, which specializes on theft cases that make up 70% of all recorded criminal offenses. It follows the members of this division as they gather information and conduct stakeouts in order to catch the thieves. They also often happen to help other divisions with difficult cases such as homicide.

The clashes between the First Investigation Division, who mainly work on homicides, and the Third Investigation Division will be one of the highlights of this series. Two detectives of the First Division will be played by Bananaman�fs Shitara Osamu and Kadono Takuzo.

Third Division�fs veteran detective �eHagio Shuichi�f is played by Takahashi. Hagio wishes to move up to the First Division someday. He is partnered with the passionate and very skilled female detective �eTakeda Akiho�f (Eikura). They are a unique duo who are 26 years apart in age.

Takahashi commented, �gI�fve been a fan of detective dramas since childhood. �eUwasa no Keiji Tommy to Matsu�e and �eTaiyou ni Hoero!�e were two of my favorites. I was surprised that I�fm actually going to play the protagonist in a detective drama, but I�fm also very happy.�h

Eikura expressed, �gAt first glimpse, it doesn�ft seem like my character matches with Detective Hagio played by Takahashi, but I think they are going to work together really well. It will be great if the viewers gradually become used to this duo and eventually fall in love with them.�h She continued, �gI will work hard in order to make you think of it as an unconstrained drama that is overflowing with humanity.�h

TBS will be airing �eKakusho ~ Keishicho Sousa 3 Ka�f every Monday at 8:00 pm starting on April 15th.

Source: Mantan-Web
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

�gI will work hard in order to make you think of it as an unconstrained drama that is overflowing with humanity.�h

Um, gee, Nana, it's just a drama. And you're a long way from Vivian Leigh doing 'Streetcar'. Shake Head
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On February 24th, it was announced that actress Takanashi Rin is going to star in an upcoming TBS late-night drama titled �eHoukago Groove�e.

Takanashi is known for her good looks and her vibrant on screen performances. She already gained global recognition as the heroine in Abbas Kiarostami�fs Japanese-language film �eLike Someone in Love�e which screened at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. It�fs her first time to star in a TV drama.

�eArakawa Under the Bridge�e director Iizuka Ken is set to direct the drama which was born from the fact that since April 2012, �gdance�h has become a part of the junior high school curriculum in Japan.

Takanashi is playing a physical education teacher with no dancing skills. Moreover, she used to be a delinquent (�eyankee�f) during her student days and left school during senior high school, but thanks to her persistence and fighting spirit she somehow managed to become a teacher. She believes that you should always see something through once you got a taste of it.

Takanashi commented about her role, �gWhen I heard about the story, I immediately wanted to get this role. A sports-minded former delinquent is a fresh character and a nice challenge. I�fm already all excited about this.�h

Director Iizuka is bound to give this drama a peculiar charm similar to his previous works and Takanashi is looking forward to work with him. She said, �gI�fll work hard so that the viewers can enjoy all those surreal interactions between the characters.�h

TBS is going to air �eHoukago Groove�f every Monday shortly after midnight starting on April 22nd.

Source: Sports Hochi
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Arata Furuta to star in drama for first time

Actor Furuta Arata will star in Fuji TV�fs new serial drama �gMachigawarechatta Otoko�g(lit. �eA man who was mistaken�f).

Furuta is the box-office star of theatrical troupe �fGekidan��Shinkansen�e. He has appeared in many stage plays, movies, and dramas, however, this will mark his first starring serial drama 29 years after he debuted. Furuta will team up with KAT-TUN�fs Nakamaru Yuichi for the drama.

The drama is a comedy based on the dissolved theatrical troupe �eTokyo Seleccion Deluxe�fs stage play �gPierrot�h. Takuma Takayuki who presided over the theater company will be in charge of the script and direction for the drama.

The story is set at a Sushi restaurant in Kuramae, Tokyo. It starts where the protagonist, a sneak thief (Furuta) who is very caring and easily moved to tears, and his underling (Nakamaru) break into the Sushi restaurant. However, he is mistaken as the skillful Sushi chef who left the restaurant 10 years ago. It depicts their 10 days of joy and sorrow.

�gMachigawarechatta Otoko�h will start airing on April 13th on Fuji TV (every Saturday at 11:10 pm).

gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nao Matsushita to become a landlady in upcoming drama

Actress Matsushita Nao will star in a new Fuji TV drama �gKamo, Kyoto e Iku�h which will start airing in April. The drama will be a comedy setting at a Japanese-style hotel in Kyoto, and Matsushita will be playing a landlady at the long-established hotel.

�gUeba Kamo�h (Matsushita) is a career woman who works as a government official at the Ministry of Finance after graduating from Tokyo University. One day, her mother who is the landlady of an old Japanese-style hotel �gUeba-ya�h in Kyoto, suddenly passes away, and she has to take over the hotel as a new landlady. It is hard enough for Kamo to take on this total new type of job, but she is also surrounded by tough and intensive employees. She then teams up with a calculating and clever financier named �gKinugawa Shuhei�h (played by Shiina Kippei) who is cold-hearted, and yet somehow lovable, and tries to embark on the reconstruction of the hotel that is deeply in debt.

�gKamo, Kyoto e Iku.�h is slated to broadcast on Fuji TV starting in April (every Tuesday at 9:00 pm).

Source: MANTAN WEB
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryoko Shinohara to star in new drama with Naohito Fujiki and Haruma Miura

Shinohara Ryoko is starring in a new drama series (currently untitled) on Fuji TV that will start airing in April.

It is said that 60% of unmarried women between the ages of 25 ~ 35 find themselves becoming more masculine. The drama will feature �gOyaji Joshi (lit. old-guy woman, a woman who acts like she is an old man )�h who devotes herself to work.

�gSakura�h (Shinohara) is a 39-year-old woman who has not had a boyfriend in 10 years. Though she works as a vice store manager at a beauty parlor, she is careless about her style. She has a tender heart and a strong sense of justice, but she can be cowardly in terms of love. Recently, she is flustered that a couple of beard hairs start growing on her chin, which she thinks is due to overworking and a hormonal imbalance.

The two guys who will be involved in the protagonist�fs love story will be played by Miura Haruma and Fujiki Naohito. Miura�fs role is a pro BMX rider named �gHiroto�h who is very popular with girls, and Fujiki will play �gRintaro�h, the manager at the beauty parlor where Sakura works. Though Rintaro looks cool at first sight, he has a wicked tongue and loves dirty jokes.

Other female cast members have also been announced. Otsuka Nene and Iijima Naoko will appear as Sakura�fs friends. Otsuka will play �gMiki�h, a housewife who is distressed by her relationship with her mother-in-law and her sexless marriage. Iijima�fs role will be �gShima�h, who is loaded with sex appeal and aggressive towards men. Additionally, Nanao will be making an appearance as �gChiyoko�h, a daughter of a rich family who falls in love with Rintaro (Fujiki).

EstherM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ is it me or is the upcoming season just bleak bleak bleak?
- Another Arafo (Around 40) drama which will not be watched by Arafos because they are busy working and eating out with friends and lovers.Shake Head
- A drama where a family enables their daughter to go to Todai, but they never thought about the family business ... Shake Head
- A cop drama overflowing with humanity (great remark gaijinmark Applaud)
- plus we have the obnoxious Smap/AKB drama, the former yankee teacher drama, the Sato Ryuta as a good but helpless man drama, a few cop dramas and a news reporter drama.
I hope I am wrong Shameful Cry
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks EstherM, all compliments gratefully received. Thanx!

But I'm kind of surprised at your comment. Don't you think "Tank Top Girl" is going to fit in somewhere between "Long Vacation" and "Dekichatta Kekkon" on most people's all-time greatest list?? Bleah

Anyway, here's another one, a weather forecaster/detective drama:

Emi Takei and Tadayoshi Okura to team up in Asahi TV late-night drama

It was announced that Takei Emi will star in TV Asahi�fs upcoming late-night mystery drama �gOtenki Oneesan�h that will begin airing in April.

In the drama, Takei will play as a weather woman named �gAbe Haruko.�h

Abe Haruko is somewhat of a weather prodigy as she acquires her qualification to become a certified weather forecaster at the young age of 11. She serves as a weather woman in a morning TV show and is nicknamed as �ebomb cyclone woman�f because of her gruff personality, provoking negative feelings everyday from the staff members and other news casters of the show. On the other hand, Haruko also uses her vast weather knowledge to solve difficult criminal cases from different a point of view for the police. She teams up with a rookie detective Aoki Gota, and hunts down criminals.

The rookie detective �gAoki Gota�h will be played by Kanjnai 8 member Okura Tadayoshi. Medical examiner named �gMikumo Sanpei�h who is an enthusiastic fan of Haruko, will be played by Sasaki Kuranosuke. The script will be written by Oishi Shizuka who is known for her works like �gFutarikko�h and �gSecond Virgin.�h

This will mark the first time for Takei and Okura to co-star with each other.

�gOtenki Oneesan�h will air on the �gFriday Night Drama�h time slot for TV Asahi (every Friday at 11:15 pm).

Source: MANTAN WEB
EstherM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Thanks EstherM, all compliments gratefully received. Thanx!

But I'm kind of surprised at your comment. Don't you think "Tank Top Girl" is going to fit in somewhere between "Long Vacation" and "Dekichatta Kekkon" on most people's all-time greatest list?? Bleah

True, true that was a tad harsh but you must admit "Vampire Heaven" is bound to be an instant classic too! Like Love Generation with vampires rofl Naughty

On a (sadly) more realistic note, since my school is a short 15 minute walk away from the Shinjuku Kabukicho area, I think I will hang out there in hope that they will film some parts on location for "Doubles". I can maybe convince (stalk) Ito and Sakaguchi (or at least one of them) to date a tall Belgian women ... tbc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 127 of 148

Jump to: