jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1315, 1316, 1317 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sadacori wrote:

Just got the last disc in today. Been watching the episodes before it in anticipation. Big Grin And we're going to continue watching Kuitan after Lipstick. Thanks Eve!! Dancing

Muack Enjoy!!

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
^ yep the concept/goal is not clear to me after 2 episodes - which can be a very good thing because it means a fresh approach or bad thing because the writer has no clue where this is going too ...
I missed episode 3 on TV last week though.

Watched episode 3, best one so far, this might not turn out to be too bad. Machiko Ono has a real knack for comedy. Applaud

(We're talking about "Saikou no Rikon")
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Watched episode 3, best one so far, this might not turn out to be too bad. Machiko Ono has a real knack for comedy. Applaud

(We're talking about "Saikou no Rikon")

I watched the first episode of Saikou no Rikon too. I really like Ono Machiko in this too but unfortunately, the other characters all seem uninteresting or unlikeable.

Dinner looks good, but afraid that it may run out of steam/idea too quickly.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 1 of "Sharehouse no Koibito". So far they've shown the attempted suicide cliche and the running after the bus cliche. It's not bad but like I said in another thread, I don't think I've ever seen Oizumi Yo in a good drama, and judging from the ratings this thing must really get a lot worse.
Eve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Checked out the first ep of Lipstick.

Next Im going for an old asadora called,

Wateru Sekon Wa Oni Bakeri.

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
sadacori

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:
Checked out the first ep of Lipstick.

Next Im going for an old asadora called,

Wateru Sekon Wa Oni Bakeri.

How was Lipstick? And which season of Wataru Seken are you watching?

Watching the Valentines episode of Kuitan. Smile

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sadacori wrote:
Watching the Valentines episode of Kuitan. Smile

Itadakimasu! Victory! Peace!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They've started showing 'Aibou 10' on 18.2. First we had to adjust to Terawaki Yasufumi and Sawa Suzuki leaving after 'Aibou 7' but now it looks like Saya Takagi who was Sugishita's ex and ran the little cafe they would go to has left! Puppy Dog Eyes

On the bright side, Naho Toda showed up as a judge, maybe she'll stick around some more. Fingers crossed
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 5 of 'Tonbi", still real good.

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:
WD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Yeah, Tonbi has turned out to be one of my absolute favs this season besides the gripping Yakou Kanransha.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up to episode 8 of 'JOKER' :http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1533.htm

It was pretty good thru episode 7 but now they're starting to show signs of 'idiot plot syndrome'. People are doing things that anybody with an IQ higher than a doorknob wouldn't do. And the previews show some new characters for episode 9, not a good sign. It usually means the writer has painted himself in a corner and doesn't know how to get out. Shake Head
xploring

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched Chance! (the 90s one)

Mikami Hiroshi and Nishida Hikaru both delivered good performances even though the writing didn't give them all that much to work with. There were a fair amount of filler/cliche material but it was still fairly entertaining. The story ended for me when the lyrics of the song was written and after that I was only waiting for it to wrap up. I like the song writing parts and when they sit at the bar or Yuji's apartment talking though.

At the end, there was subtitles indicating a sequel but it seems that didn't materialize.
Finndlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished Summer Snow... and I didn't quite enjoy it. Oh yes the story was beautiful and sweet but the main couple was vapid, with a very boring Hirosue Ryoko (I gues she was meant to be cute and sweet...) and and hysterical Dohmoto Tsuyoshi Bonk And that ending...very predictable ^^
I didn't know Imai Tsubasa and Ikewaki Chizuru and they portrayed a very plausible and touching young couple. As for Oguri hun, he was good a usual.

I'm feeling a bit like an annoying brat who never likes anything, but it seems it's not the first time I kind of dislike a very popular drama Shake Head
antspace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching Shotenin Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi. Never really liked Toda Erika, but she's wonderful as the wishy washy Michiru. Arai Hirofumi is also great as the understated adulterer. Kora Kengo, Sakura Ando: mmm, it's all good. The direction is Japanese slow, which I never mind. The music is great as well. Best drama this season I think.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

antspace wrote:
Watching Shotenin Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi. Never really liked Toda Erika, but she's wonderful as the wishy washy Michiru. Arai Hirofumi is also great as the understated adulterer. Kora Kengo, Sakura Ando: mmm, it's all good. The direction is Japanese slow, which I never mind. The music is great as well. Best drama this season I think.

Haven't seen any episodes of that one yet. My favorite so far this season is 'Tonbi'.
It may look like the old single parent raising his kid plot we've seen before, but Masaaki Uchino is great as Yasu. He's dumb as a fencepost and flies off the handle sometimes, but he means well and he's trying his best. Akira Emoto is great as the older priest.
antspace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started that one. Didn't like it. Then kept watching and it changed. Uchino Masaaki was not convincing being happy, but unhappy Uchino Masaaki kicks ass. I'm always ambivalent about him anyway. Loved him in Gonzo, hated him in Jin.
Have to agree about Emoto Akira. He's great in this. I always liked his often little roles in so many series, but this really stands out.
I'm now at ep three and hoping it'll stay good Smile
EstherM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I only managed to follow Saikou no Rikon. It's not even the best drama and I am missing a few episodes in-between. Not that it matters, and while acting is good and the ending credits are cool, the story is a bit quaint and predictable.

I did however watch a few episodes of Shotenin Michiru and I agree with antspace's review^Mr Green . I will probably finish this.

As an xxxholic fan (manga and anime) I had to check out the live action. Mmmh I think it's a bit of a fail, it was done with a low budget and doesn't manage to recreate the fantasy bits. I do believe there is some serious miscasting going on too, but I will give episode 2 a chance.
Finndlin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been watching Hotman the last few days and while I didn't expect anything from it I have to admit I've been nicely surprised. Oh sure it's not gonna win any rewards but it's entertaining and quite convincing (except that the hero seems to be sure he is the father of the little girl but doesn't have a clue ho the mother is, did he run dna tests? Smile)
I've dropped the jdramas lately because of some disappointing serie such as Long Love Letters, Second Virgin or even Summer Snow that I started in October only to finish three days ago. I hope I can find really nice ones again.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finndlin wrote:
I've been watching Hotman the last few days and while I didn't expect anything from it I have to admit I've been nicely surprised.

Good old 'Hotman"!! w00t!

That's always going to be a special drama for me because it's the first drama I ever saw and the one that got me hooked on this.

Anyways, watched episode 4 of 'Saikou no Rikon'. It's not bad, but the real surprise is Machiko Ono. Her character is a lot more interesting to me than either Maki or Eita.

Also watched the first half of the first episode of this year's taiga, 'Yae no Sakura', and even though their showing Yae as a little girl and Ayase has only been in a couple scenes, I'm already saying to myself, "When are we going to see a REAL actor in a taiga lead again?!!?" Could be in for a long year.
antspace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I totally switched back to Saikou no Rikon as my favorite dorama this season! Mr Green Ep 4 was very touching Cry
Michiru is also still good though Dancing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1315, 1316, 1317 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1316 of 1375

Jump to: