jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Tokyo Love Story
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

Hajimemashite, minna^^
It's my first time here, and newly become member as well.

Recently I bought Tokyo Love Story wif Malay sub (those Mestika ones)

I found the ending somewhat abrupt, it ended when Kanji and Rika met each other in his village. So just wondering whether is dat how it really ended or is there something missing from my version?

Any help would be appreciated, doumo arigatou.
Michi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah.. u the one u bought have 7 discs right??? They cut the last chapter cause it supposed to end with a sad ending where Kanji married with her ex-gf.

Too bad they cut the real ending / last disk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, dats the one! I cant believe they cut it out, saitee!!!

I was wacthing this dekichatta kekkon i just bought and they cut out the first 10 minutes as well, but it spoilt the whole thing!

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find out more about the ending, maybe a summary or translation somewhere on Net?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For Tokyo love story and if you know Chinese.

Here is the page:
http://www.cyberyouth.com.hk/jadrama/classic/to_story6.asp#11
slian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arigatou ne, er...guest-san

however, i cant read chinese (hazukashii, hazukashii!!!)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found a Website with english synopsis. Just in case you need it for other dramas.

http://www.backerstreet.com/japan/synopsis.htm
slian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks, 'guest' :)

I checked it out, it's great

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The writer can change the ending of the story easily by getting Kanji and Rika together at the train station! But Rika doesn't what him to feel hurt between two women. Therefore, she took the earlier train. Sad ending....! Kanji character is so weak and inmature.
slian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I still dunno wat happen after they met on the school field, so I guess this is the train station from his village?

But I do agree wif u, he just didnt have the stregth to reach out for his happiness. If I did get to watch it, I'd probably be waiting for the inevitable happy ending...
yvetsh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Initially (many years back) i was quite disappointed with the ending
but now, when i think back,i really respect the girl's courage and
wisdom Smile.

She does not need the guy to be happy. Why should she
be part of a choice for the guy? The guy is simply not worth
the effort.
slian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me, sometimes disappointing endings are more memorable than happpy ones...they stick in the mind longer, like unfinished business.

Overtime, Sleeping Forest come to mind...

Yeah, I think this is the right ending for Rika (tho I still dont exactly know what happened!)
Lilynadia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello...Slian...I' from JB, M'sia..I also buy that VCD Tokyo LOve Story from Mestika...i was disappointed also that they cut off the ending...but i think the story gave an important message that sometimes love do gave pressure to the guy..like Rika...her love suffocate herself n give the guy, Kanji a pressure..but i was sad that He married sekugchi....I would love also to be ur forum pal...
slian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yoroshiku ne, Lilynadia ^^
me still a newbie here �

ur comment makes me thoughtful...as an audience, I tot Rika was just about perfect, but I guess if u r at the receiving end of her love, it could be scary and a bit pressurizing

but lots of guys would consider themselves lucky if ever they found themselves in Kanji's position, i'm sure^^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My thought....

I don't think people treasure anything they get easily and that includes love! It decreases its value. With Rika's support and love, Kanji is still waiting/looking for his boyhood crush...

Maybe he is also looking for the housewife type and that is not Rika's personality!
Lilynadia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep..i agreed too...Kanji is not worth Rika's Love...her love's more than that...Kanji just was not the right guy..n he did not apprieciate her...what a waste?? I will never fall a guy like that...But sometimes people tend to take things for granted...But does kanji really love rika??? Jay ne!!
ezzaaziz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i bought the vcd from an absolutely stupid and terrible distributor. it stopped at the 10th episode. i'm clueless what happened next. the last thing i saw is kanji meet rika at the footbal field. what did they say , what happen?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you from Singapore? If you are, I can lend you the VCD. As I have watched this drama quite some time ago, I cannot really remember what happened. If you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected]. It only has Mandarin subtitles.

Piglet
Michi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

malaysian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ezzaaziz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks a lot, unfortunately i can't understand mandarin. maybe if you watched it again you could post it out here on how they FINALLY broke up
Michi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
I'm not really sure but from what i was told, they broke up because Kanji, that stupid idiot pathetic guy still in love with his ex-gf. So then he married his ex-gf and dump Rika. Anyway, Rika dont deserve this kind of stupid guy. So its a happy ending afterall..

Err... godsmack's sis??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: