jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Youtube Videos
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Suggestions, Enquiries, Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Youtube Videos Reply with quote Back to top

Suppose I include YouTube videos of anything related to the dramas, and artiste pages. Could be the trailers, or even the episodes themselves.

Any suggestion or opinions on how to have it? Could be alot of videos per drama if we include the episodes.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Youtube Videos Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:
Suppose I include YouTube videos of anything related to the dramas, and artiste pages. Could be the trailers, or even the episodes themselves.

Any suggestion or opinions on how to have it? Could be alot of videos per drama if we include the episodes.

I think the members here have been posting that stuff in their respective threads for a while now. Smile
dochira

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Youtube Videos Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:

It's a good idea, except with this whole copyright this-and-that, I fear it's going to be a cat-and-mouse trying to update links if videos are removed, etc.

And I've seen how difficult it is to keep the artist pics/drama synopses up-to-date. I can't imagine trying to maintain this also.
Genma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I know it has been asked before, but designing the thing may not be as straightforward as listing out all videos Smile Now thinking how to do it.. hmmm..

Biggest problem would then be having to keep the content updated. Is JDrama often removed from Youtube due to copyright issues?
dochira

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:

Biggest problem would then be having to keep the content updated. Is JDrama often removed from Youtube due to copyright issues?

More often than you think, less often than American-copyrighted material.
Genma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've linked some youtube videos here:

http://jdorama.com/drama.422.htm

The ratings, views, title, description, etc are automatically retrieved from YouTube. Its still a manual process to add each video, but I can add a suggest video page with a simple approval to put it live.

Try it out. Smile
kenjilina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:

Try it out. Smile

just did. i like it. many thanks.
Genma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've just added a video suggestion form in each artiste and drama page. Everyone is free to suggest youtube videos to be linked to each page. The thumbnails will not be put in the main list until they are approved.

Let me know how to improve this thingy. Smile
Wynter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:
I've just added a video suggestion form in each artiste and drama page. Everyone is free to suggest youtube videos to be linked to each page. The thumbnails will not be put in the main list until they are approved.

Let me know how to improve this thingy. Smile

Wow, that's awesome! It looks a lot cleaner than I thought it would. Well done!

What's the criteria for accepting the suggested vids?

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Genma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Think if we added the episode splits, the page kinda grew too big. Over 50 video thumbnails in a page is quite alot to load. Gotta think of how to group the split-up parts together easily...!

For criteria, I would play by ear. But the video should be related to the artiste or drama without doubt.

For artiste videos, try to keep drama scenes to the respective dramas.

Off my mind, here are the videos I'm expecting to go through. Basically it should interest the visitor who is viewing the artiste or drama page.

Artistes
- Commercials by the artiste
- Interviews
- Photoshoot videos (but lets keep this clean)
- MTVs by them?

Dramas
- Episodes
- Trailers / Previews
- Interviews
- Theme songs

All in all, keep the lists neat, avoid duplicates and go have fun with this new feature!!! Yeah
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is great!!! I've added a few, "Sign" by Mr. Children to Orange Days, "Will" by Mika Nakashima to Tentai Kanzoku. Great idea Genma Applaud
dochira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma, is it necessary to show the latest videos section on the homepage? Or is there a way to not display it if you don't want it? (profile option?)
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
Genma, is it necessary to show the latest videos section on the homepage? Or is there a way to not display it if you don't want it? (profile option?)

We've been griping, er, discussing this on one of the other threads. Beaten
Genma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the latest videos will be useful for new comers and those interested coz there are alot of people who come to the main page and leave immediately, who might not know whats inside.

I could look into an option for you guys. Smile
Genma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its an option in your profile now. Defaults to show latest videos in main page.
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:

Works like a charm Smile good one, Genma!
shiroi_tora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a good video which puts the MAtrix with the anime the Melancholy of Suzumiya haruhi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKRgpWNS-AM&feature=related

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:
that was a great idea
nice job Mr Green

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for this.

I can see lots and lots of videos linked already. Looks like a popular feature. Smile
dochira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Genma. w00t!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Suggestions, Enquiries, Announcements All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: