jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
SCANDAL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nippon addict

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: SCANDAL Reply with quote Back to top

guys, do u know this all-female rock group named SCANDAL? they are so good!

i saw their DOLL PV last night on Animax Musix and it immediately caught my ears... now i'm loving all of their songs! Yeah they rock!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard some of their music. They sound pretty good. Though to be honest, I've always felt they are a manufactured band because all they marketing these girls get and the gigs they play (they've already been here in the US) seems unreal for me to believe they came from the indie scene. It's like they have always had the financial backing of a major label. At least that's how I think, but I still like them.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wrong forum.

Read the Posting Guidelines.

Moving to the J-Ent forum.
nippon addict

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Wrong forum.

Read the Posting Guidelines.

Moving to the J-Ent forum.

oops... Victory! Peace! sorry, my bad... Mr Green

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anyone can share their mp3's? i'm looking for some, onegai... Bow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's their 4th single Doll http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31YRH2U2 or http://www.mediafire.com/?nnnjyd3jywq Credit goes to sarah_the_crab on LJ.

But remember if you really like them and their music, you should support them by buying their music. Victory! Peace!
nippon addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
Here's their 4th single Doll http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31YRH2U2 or http://www.mediafire.com/?nnnjyd3jywq Credit goes to sarah_the_crab on LJ.

But remember if you really like them and their music, you should support them by buying their music. Victory! Peace!

i really want to but not having a credit card to buy online and not having J-Music stores here in the Philippines (or if someone could tell me where) make it difficult for me...

thanks for the sharing by the way,, Mr Green

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I recently "discovered" them via FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood's ED, Shunkan Sentimental. I initally thought it was just a female vocalist in a regular band until I saw the PV -- I was surprised that it was an all girl band. ShoujoS is also an excellent song; I believe it was Bleach's 10th OP.

Seems they released a new single this month: Taiyō to Kimi ga Egaku Story (Story that You and the Sun Drew) and will release a live concert DVD on 6/30/10: Scandal First Live -Best Scandal 2009-. I'm tempted to get that DVD; they are awesome live. The PV for the new single is quite nice.
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is really one good rock band, Victory! Peace! listening to them right now. Good news here, new album coming out and if you live on the West Coast you're in luck. Grumble

It was just announced that pop rock group SCANDAL will release their 11th single, �gLove Survive�g, on July 27th.
They are also releasing their third album, �gBaby Action�g, on August 10th.
To commemorate the releases, the group has announced their Fall tour, �gSCANDAL VIRGIN HALL TOUR 2011 �eBABY ACTION�e�h. The tour will start on October 13th at Kobe Hall and end on December 1st at Nagano Sun Plaza.
American fans don�ft forget that the group will perform at AM2 this Fourth of July weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center!

Tokyohive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCANDAL announces new single and album

SCANDAL has announced that their new single, "OVER DRIVE", will be released on September 18th.

The group's 17th single will be produced by Nakata Yasutaka (CAPSULE). This is Nakata's first time to produce band sounds, and it's described as a pop song that represents the girls.

The coupling track will be a dance number called "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE", which features all members as the main vocals. This song is produced by Kosaka Daimaou, who commented, "Rave and dubstep and RAP and SCANDAL! A song that is filled with the things I like... is made! It's cool, new, and fun!"

"OVER DRIVE" will be released in both limited and regular editions. The limited edition DVD will contain the PV for "Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki". Furthermore, the jacket covers for the single were illustrated by Lily Franky.

In addition, SCANDAL has announced that they will release their 5th full album, "STANDARD", on October 2nd. It will be available in 3 different types: Complete Production Edition, Limited Edition, and Regular Edition. The Complete Production Edition will come with a t-shirt, while the Limited Edition will come with a DVD including the PVs for "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne", "Kagen no Tsuki", and "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE".

CD:
01. Brand new wave
02. OVER DRIVE
03. Uchiage Hanabi
04. Orange Juice
05. Metronome
06. Weather report
07. 8-gatsu
08. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
09. Kagen no Tsuki
10. Koi no Gestalt Houkai
11. Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki
12. Namida yo Hikare
13. STANDARD

DVD: (Limited Edition Only)
"Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne" MUSIC VIDEO
"Kagen no Tsuki" MUSIC VIDEO
"SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" MUSIC VIDEO

Source: natalie
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCANDAL to release new single in April

SCANDAL will release their new single titled "Departure" on April 23.

SCANDAL revealed a studio live footage of "Departure" on March 3rd for one-day only. The release of this medium-tempo tune was decided as fans hoped for the song to be re-uploaded or released in physical form. It's written and composed by MAMI (G, Vo), and arranged and produced by Kameda Seiji. The coupling song will be "rainy" which will serve as the image song for the Japanese version of movie 'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones'.

The single will be released in 3 types: Limited Edition A, Limited Edition B, and Regular Edition. Limited Editions A and B will come with a DVD including footage from their Christmas live held in December.

CD:
01. Departure
02. Rainy
03. Departure (Instrumental)

Limited Edition A DVD:
"BEST��X'mas5" ~SPECIAL SELECTION VIDEO Vol.1~(2013.12.23 at SHIBUYA-AX)
�EAwanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
�ELOVE SURVIVE
�ESpace Ranger

Limited Edition B DVD:
"BEST��X'mas5" ~SPECIAL SELECTION VIDEO Vol.2~(2013.12.23 at SHIBUYA-AX)
�ESCANDAL BABY
�EQueens are trumps
�EDOLL

kawaiiruna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i really like scandal...their music are awesome Muack
i watched their live concert last year in jakarta... at beginning i do not know who they're & also do not know their music, coz my friend ask me to accompany him to watch scandal live concert...
but after i watch 'em...i begin love 'em...& start to collect their PV, songs, pics, etc

here're some pics i took from their live concert last year

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCANDAL announces new single and tour

SCANDAL will release their new single "Image" on November 19. They will also embark on a live tour called 'SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015�wHELLO WORLD�x', which includes concerts both inside and outside Japan, early in the New Year.

This was announced on September 28 during their live at Dojima River Forum in Osaka. The crowd gave their loudest cheer of the night upon hearing this series of good news.

"Image" is a rock tune that's written and composed by MAMI. As a special favor, the single will come with a photo book called 'Bessatsu�EChou SCANDAL'.

SCANDAL's upcoming tour will kick off on January 24, 2015 at Atsugi-shi Bunka Kaikan (Kanagawa) hosting a total of 31 shows. The tour will also include shows in the United States, France, England, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. These dates will be announced in the near future.

[ SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015�wHELLO WORLD�x]

Saturday, January 24 - Atsugi-shi Bunka Kaikan (Kanagawa)
Thursday, January 29 - Tamashin RISURU Hall (Tokyo)
Saturday, January 31 - Beisia Bunka Hall (Gunma)
Sunday, February 1 - Yuki Shimin Bunka Center (Ibaraki)
Saturday, February 7 - Chiba-ken Bunka Kaikan (Chiba)
Tuesday, February 10 - Kumamoto Shimin Kaikan (Kumamoto)
Saturday, February 14 - Ueno Gakuen Hall (Hiroshima)
Sunday, February 15 - Ueno Gakuen Hall (Hiroshima)
Saturday, February 21 - Orix Theater (Osaka)
Sunday, February 22 - Orix Theater (Osaka)
Thursday, February 26 - Sun Port Hall Takamatsu (Kagawa)
Saturday, February 28 - Fukuoka Sun Palace (Fukuoka)
Sunday, March 1 - Nagasaki-shi Kokaido (Nagasaki)
Thursday, March 5 - Omiya Sonic City (Saitama)
Saturday, March 7 - Morioka Shimin Bunka Hall (Iwate)
Sunday, March 8 - Tokyo Electron Hall Miyagi (Miyagi)
Thursday, March 12 - Kakogawa Shimin Kaikan (Hyogo)
Friday, March 13 - Shiga Kenritsu Geijutsu Gekijou Biwakou Hall (Shiga)
Sunday, March 15 - Nara 100-nen Kaikan (Nara)
Thursday, March 19 - Hokuto Bunka Hall (Nagano)
Saturday, March 21 - Nagaoka Shiritsu Gekijou (Niigata)
Sunday, March 22 - Honda no Mori Hall (Ishikawa)
Friday, March 27 - Shizuoka Shimin Bunka Kaikan (Shizuoka)
Saturday, March 28 - Nagoya Congress Center Century Hall (Aichi)
Monday, March 30 - Kurashiki Shimin Kaikan (Okayama)
Saturday, April 4 - Sapporo Shimin Hall (Hokkaido)
Sunday, April 5 - Asahikawa Shimin Bunka Kaikan (Hokkaido)
Saturday, April 11 - Tokyo International Forum (Tokyo)
Sunday, April 12 - Tokyo International Forum (Tokyo)
Sunday, April 19 - Namura Hall (Okinawa)

gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCANDAL to release new single in July

Girls band SCANDAL, who successfully concluded their world tour, will release a new single called "Stamp!" on July 22.

"Stamp!" comes about 8 months after releasing their last single. It was written and composed by MAMI while the band was traveling around the world for their tour.

The girls worked with Tom Lord-Alge to produce this single.

The single will be released in 3 different types: Limited Edition A, Limited Edition B, and Regular Edition.

Source: Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCANDAL to release new single in September

SCANDAL have announced that they will release a new single titled "Sisters" on September 9.

The girls made the announcement on July 23 during their LINE broadcast 'LIVE CAST'. They talked about their latest single "Stamp!" for about 700,000 fans.

The title track "Sisters" is a rock tune written by RINA and composed by MAMI. SCANDAL's label's official website is currently looking for female extras who can participate in the PV shoot for the new song.

afoolstale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like them, but I don't think they sound very rock.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCANDAL to represent Japan at music festival in Turkey

SCANDAL will be the Japanese representative in the music festival "ABU TV Song Festival 2015" which will be held on October 28 in Turkey.

The event will be held to coincide with the General Assembly of ABU (Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union). Perfume represented Japan in 2012 in South Korea, May'n in 2013 in Vietnam, and SEKAI NO OWARI in 2014 in China.

The event will showcase a performance by one artist from each of the participating ABU broadcasting members. SCANDAL, who recently held a successful world tour, will participate in the event this year as the Japanese representative.

Not only will the event broadcast live in Turkey, but it will also be picked up on TV in the participating countries. In Japan, it will broadcast on BS Premium, NHK Sogou, and NHK World this winter.

Source: Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCANDAL documentary 'Hello World' to receive DVD release

The first documentary film of Japanese female rock band SCANDAL will receive a UK and European DVD release this February through JPU Records. The film captures the highly successful four-piece as they travel overseas on their first solo world tour – and features English subtitles for the first time.

SCANDAL Documentary film HELLO WORLD has already experienced a theatrical release across Japan and selected cinemas in Mexico and South America, and follows on from their sixth album HELLO WORLD, and UK and Europe exclusive compilation album Greatest Hits: European Selection, which sold out of its initial print before release date.

The documentary film follows the group as they perform in countries across Europe, North America and Asia. It includes live and behind-the-scenes footage of their sold-out performances at the O2 Academy Islington in London, Le Bataclan in Paris and House of Blues in Los Angeles among others.

The DVD also includes the exclusive music video to new track "Chiisana Honoo", the documentary's theme song.

Title: SCANDAL Documentary film HELLO WORLD
Running Time: Approx. 116 mins.
Audio: Stereo, 5.1 Surround Sound.
Subtitles: English, Spanish.
Region: 0
Release Date: 12 February 2016
Chapters:
Prologue
Paris, France
London, UK
Essen, Germany
Sentosa, Singapore
Taipei, Taiwan
Chicago, USA
Mexico City, Mexico
California, USA
Hong Kong, China
Epilogue
Bonus: "Chiisana Honoo" music video
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SCANDAL to release first self produced album and go on tour

SCANDAL will release a new album, entitled "YELLOW", on March 2nd.

Next year, SCANDAL will celebrate the 10th year since their formation. "YELLOW" will mark their 7th original album and it will be self-produced, containing their singles such as "Stamp!" and "Sisters". It will be released in a Complete Production Edition (with t-shirt), Limited Edition (CD+DVD), and a Regular Edition (CD-Only).

To coincide with the release of "YELLOW", SCANDAL will hold a live tour called "SCANDAL TOUR 2016: YELLOW" which includes stops in Hong Kong and Taiwan. All editions of the album will enclose a participation ticket for a meet and greet.

[SCANDAL TOUR 2016: YELLOW]

Wednesday, April 13 - Sendai PIT (Miyagi)
Thursday, April 14 - Sendai PIT (Miyagi)
Saturday, April 16 - Niigata LOTS (Niigata)
Sunday, April 17 - Niigata LOTS (Niigata)
Thursday, April 21 - Zepp Fukuoka (Fukuoka)
Saturday, April 23 - BLUE LIVE HIROSHIMA (Hiroshima)
Sunday, April 24 - BLUE LIVE HIROSHIMA (Hiroshima)
Saturday, April 30 - Takamatsu festhalle (Kagawa)
Sunday, May 1 - Namba Hatch (Osaka)
Tuesday, May 3 - Zepp Nagoya (Aichi)
Wednesday, May 4 - Zepp Nagoya (Aichi)
Sunday, May 8 - Zepp Sapporo (Hokkaido)
Wednesday, May 11 - Zepp Tokyo (Tokyo)
Friday, May 13 - Zepp Tokyo (Tokyo)
Saturday, May 14 - Zepp Tokyo (Tokyo)
Thursday, May 19 - Namba Hatch (Osaka)
Friday, May 20 - Namba Hatch (Osaka)
Thursday, June 9 - Star Hall (Hong Kong)
Saturday, June 11 - Taipei ATT SHOW BOX (Taiwan)

ashley juggs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Hope they release some details on this album. Fingers crossed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: