jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Kimura Takuya
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 140, 141, 142  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takuya Kimura to star in TBS 2017 Winter drama

Kimura Takuya will be starring in the new TBS Winter 2017 drama "A LIFE ~ Itoshiki Hito ~" (A LIFE ~ Beloved) which will begin its run from January 2017 in the Sundays 9pm timeslot. This is his first appearance in a drama series in two years since the TV Asahi 2015 drama "I''m Home" and his first drama after SMAP disbands on 31 December this year. To date, Kimura has played people with various occupations such as hair stylist, pilot, ice hockey player and the Prime Minister and this happens to be his 20th occupation to date. He will be playing a surgeon this time in this drama which is an original story written by Hashibe Atsuko.

Kimura plays the lead character Okita Kazuaki who was chased out of the hospital he worked at when he was just starting out as a pediatric cardiovascular surgeon. However, he did not know that the person who engineered this scheme was his best friend Masao (Asano Tadanobu). In order to build up his knowledge and refine his skills, Okita left behind his then-girlfriend Danjou Mifuyu (Takeuchi Yuko) and went to Seattle in the US. 10 years later, he is invited by Mifuyu's father Danjou Toranosuke (Emoto Akira) who was his mentor, to return to Japan, operate on the latter and work at his hospital Danjou Kinen Byouin. However, upon his return, Okita finds out that Mifuyu and married Masao who took on her family's surname and is the hospital's assistant director now. While working in the hospital, he also encounters a number of doctors and nurses who are unique in their own ways and strives to save his patients through hard work and refusing to give up even when faced with tough circumstances.

Matsuyama Kenichi plays Igawa Souta, a cardiovascular surgeon who has the ambition of becoming the No.1 surgeon and is overly confident in his abilities. His father is the chairman of the Kanto Surgeons Institute and he is set to inherit their family's Mantenbashi Byouin. Kimura Fumino plays the role of Shibata Yuki, a nurse working in the operating theatre who is so good at her job that she can choose which doctor to assist. Nanao plays Sakakibara Minori, the legal advisor of Danjou Kinen Byouin who has a secret relationship with Masao. Last but not least, Oikawa Mitsuhiro will play Hamura Keigo, a cardiovascular sugeon who is also the director of the first surgical department of the hospital. Hamura is sociable and bright who is well-liked by everyone but there is an emotional scar which he is hiding within.

Filming begins between the end of November and early December at the pace of 3 to 5 days per week. After the New Year holidays, the filming pace will pick up to be 5 to 6 days per week.

Sources: Nikkansports / Sanspo / Yomiuri Hochi / Sponichi 1 / Sponichi 2 / Oricon
sassyanne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Takuya Kimura to star in TBS 2017 Winter drama

Kimura Takuya will be starring in the new TBS Winter 2017 drama "A LIFE ~ Itoshiki Hito ~" (A LIFE ~ Beloved) which will begin its run from January 2017 in the Sundays 9pm timeslot. This is his first appearance in a drama series in two years since the TV Asahi 2015 drama "I''m Home" and his first drama after SMAP disbands on 31 December this year. To date, Kimura has played people with various occupations such as hair stylist, pilot, ice hockey player and the Prime Minister and this happens to be his 20th occupation to date. He will be playing a surgeon this time in this drama which is an original story written by Hashibe Atsuko.

Kimura plays the lead character Okita Kazuaki who was chased out of the hospital he worked at when he was just starting out as a pediatric cardiovascular surgeon. However, he did not know that the person who engineered this scheme was his best friend Masao (Asano Tadanobu). In order to build up his knowledge and refine his skills, Okita left behind his then-girlfriend Danjou Mifuyu (Takeuchi Yuko) and went to Seattle in the US. 10 years later, he is invited by Mifuyu's father Danjou Toranosuke (Emoto Akira) who was his mentor, to return to Japan, operate on the latter and work at his hospital Danjou Kinen Byouin. However, upon his return, Okita finds out that Mifuyu and married Masao who took on her family's surname and is the hospital's assistant director now. While working in the hospital, he also encounters a number of doctors and nurses who are unique in their own ways and strives to save his patients through hard work and refusing to give up even when faced with tough circumstances.

Matsuyama Kenichi plays Igawa Souta, a cardiovascular surgeon who has the ambition of becoming the No.1 surgeon and is overly confident in his abilities. His father is the chairman of the Kanto Surgeons Institute and he is set to inherit their family's Mantenbashi Byouin. Kimura Fumino plays the role of Shibata Yuki, a nurse working in the operating theatre who is so good at her job that she can choose which doctor to assist. Nanao plays Sakakibara Minori, the legal advisor of Danjou Kinen Byouin who has a secret relationship with Masao. Last but not least, Oikawa Mitsuhiro will play Hamura Keigo, a cardiovascular sugeon who is also the director of the first surgical department of the hospital. Hamura is sociable and bright who is well-liked by everyone but there is an emotional scar which he is hiding within.

Filming begins between the end of November and early December at the pace of 3 to 5 days per week. After the New Year holidays, the filming pace will pick up to be 5 to 6 days per week.

Sources: Nikkansports / Sanspo / Yomiuri Hochi / Sponichi 1 / Sponichi 2 / Oricon

If I'm not mistaken this drama should air this October but unfortunately Kimura postponed it because Doctor X 😂 I'm glad they will aired this early 2017
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In case anybody's wondering what that guy that was in "Long Vacation" is up to now: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/mugen/
junny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
In case anybody's wondering what that guy that was in "Long Vacation" is up to now: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/mugen/

Kimura and Fukushi Sota in the same movie? Oh dear.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takuya Kimura involved in traffic accident, no injuries reported

Takuya Kimura, former member of the iconic boy band SMAP, caused a pileup in a Tokyo suburb after rear-ending a motorcycle in an accident where no injuries were reported, local police said.

At around 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, a car Kimura was driving bumped into the motorcycle waiting at a traffic light in Chofu, causing the motorcycle to hit the vehicle in front of it, according to the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department�fs Chofu Police Station.

Kimura, 44, allegedly said that he was lost in thought at the time of the accident, investigative sources said.

In a statement, Johnny & Associates, Kimura�fs management agency, apologized for causing trouble while noting that he called the police immediately after the accident and followed the instructions given by an officer.

Source: Japan Times
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takuya Kimura to play bodyguard in TV Asahi 2018 Winter drama

Takuya Kimura will star in the TV Asahi 2018 Winter drama "BG: Shinpen Keigonin" (BG: Personal Bodyguard) in the Thursday 9pm timeslot.

The drama is based on an original screenplay by Yumiko Inoue who last worked with Kimura on "Engine". Kimura will play the role of Akira Shimazaki who lives with his son, a middle school student. Shimazaki is a former bodyguard who becomes a security guard at a construction site because of a former incident. Even when he decides to return to being a bodyguard, he hides his past and starts as a new bodyguard just like all the other members.

Other cast members include Takumi Saito, Nanao, Yosuke Eguchi, and Yuriko Ishida.

Source(among others): Oricon:https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2099270/full/
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we'll be seeing her in a drama some day.

Takuya Kimura's daughter makes her modeling debut

Takuya Kimura and Shizuka Kudo's second daughter, Koki (her real name is Mitsuki, Koki will be her professional name), has made her modeling debut. She is the cover girl for the fashion magazine 'ELLE JAPON' which hit the newsstands on May 28th.

In an interview in the magazine, Koki said, "My charm points are my eyes and the beauty spots next to both of my eyes. My mother has a beauty spot on the right side of her eye and my father has one on the left side. I believe these beauty spots are gifts from my parents."

Source: Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Maybe we'll be seeing her in a drama some day.

Or at least a CM.

Takuya Kimura's daughter Koki to appear in her first CM

Takuya Kimura and Shizuka Kudo's daughter Koki will be appearing in her first TV CM. She will be in the CM for Otsuka Pharmaceutical's new drink 'Body Mainte Drink' to air starting November 9th.

Source: Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Never mind the kid, what is the old man up to?

Takuya Kimura to star in Fuji TV Special

Takuya Kimura will star in the Fuji TV drama Special "Kyojo".

Kimura plays Kimichika Kazama a police academy instructor.

He is calm as an instructor, but strict. Students with various backgrounds attend the police academy with their own reasons for wanting to become police officers. They feel pressure having to follow the strict rules and worry about failing. How many students will graduate among the 90 students? What is the real purpose of Kimichika Kazama being so hard on his students?

The Special consists of two episodes and will air in January, 2020.

Source: natalie
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kimtaku to release solo album

Kimura Takuya has announced that he will be starting his solo music activities. He will release his first solo album "Go with the Flow" on January 8.

This announcement was made on September 29 during TOKYO FM's regular program 'Kimura Takuya Flow supported by GYAO!' Kimura was encouraged to start his solo music activities due to many artists who have appeared as guests on the program. "Bacchi (B'z Inaba Koshi sent me a letter saying, 'I want to see you making music.' Then Delico (LOVE PSYCHEDELICO) invited me to the studio saying, 'Let's make music,' and with [Moriyama] Naotaro, he handed me the guitar when I visited him at the studio and we had a mini session together," he shared. Furthermore, he said to his fans, "After receiving messages from everyone requesting me to continue music, that turned on my switch."

Artists such as LOVE PSYCHEDELICO, [ALEXANDROS], Inaba Koshi (B'z), Moriyama Naotaro, Makihara Noriyuki, Mizuno Yoshiki (Ikimonogakari), Uru, and Oyamada Keigo (Cornelius) will be providing songs for the album. Oyamada will be in charge of the opening theme.

Eve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Kimtaku to release solo album

Kimura Takuya has announced that he will be starting his solo music activities. He will release his first solo album "Go with the Flow" on January 8.

This announcement was made on September 29 during TOKYO FM's regular program 'Kimura Takuya Flow supported by GYAO!' Kimura was encouraged to start his solo music activities due to many artists who have appeared as guests on the program. "Bacchi (B'z Inaba Koshi sent me a letter saying, 'I want to see you making music.' Then Delico (LOVE PSYCHEDELICO) invited me to the studio saying, 'Let's make music,' and with [Moriyama] Naotaro, he handed me the guitar when I visited him at the studio and we had a mini session together," he shared. Furthermore, he said to his fans, "After receiving messages from everyone requesting me to continue music, that turned on my switch."

Artists such as LOVE PSYCHEDELICO, [ALEXANDROS], Inaba Koshi (B'z), Moriyama Naotaro, Makihara Noriyuki, Mizuno Yoshiki (Ikimonogakari), Uru, and Oyamada Keigo (Cornelius) will be providing songs for the album. Oyamada will be in charge of the opening theme.

Cool

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When in doubt, do a sequel:

Takuya Kimura to star in TV Asahi 2020 Spring drama "BG: Personal Bodyguard Season 2"

Takuya Kimura is coming back as Akira Shimazaki in the TV Asahi 2020 Spring drama "BG: Personal Bodyguard Season 2". Also returning are Takumi Saito, Nanao and Shotaro Mamiya. New characters are Mikako Ichikawa, Masanobu Katsumura, and Toru Nakamura.

This time around the private security company where Shimazaki worked, is sold to a large company. The large company’s policy is only focused on making a profit, so he quits his job there and begins to work for himself as a private bodyguard.

The drama begins April 16, 2020.
ashley juggs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A solo album, a couple dramas. Kimtaku seems to be keeping busy. Can't say the same for the other ex-SMAP members. I wonder if they're sitting at home thinking, "Maybe breaking up wasn't such a bright idea"?
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ You might be right. Even Kusanagi, who I think is just as good an actor as Kimtaku hasn't been seen much. I think the last drama he did was "Uso no Sensou".
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Washing your hands, the Kimtaku way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtbVAzyILuU&t=9s
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kimtaku officially on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/takuya.kimura_tak/
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Takuya Kimura to star in Fuji TV Special

Takuya Kimura will star in the Fuji TV drama Special "Kyojo".

And of course, got to have a sequel.

Takuya Kimura to star in Fuji TV Special "Kyojo 2"

Takuya Kimura will star in the Fuji TV Special "Kyojo 2". Kimura will reprise his role as Kimichika Kazama, police academy instructor.

"Kyojo 2" will consist of two episodes and will air on January 2nd and 3rd, 2021 in Japan.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takuya Kimura to star in international drama "The Swarm"

Takuya Kimura will star in the upcoming drama series 'THE SWARM' co-produced by major broadcast stations in Europe and Hulu Japan.

Produced by Frank Doelger ('Game of Thrones'), 'THE SWARM' is a sci-fi suspense drama that follows a group of scientists who investigate unidentified intelligent beings living in the depths of the ocean. Kimura will play Aito Mifune, a scientist who organizes and leads a team to tackle maritime issues. Filming will take place in Italy, and the entire dialogue will be in English.

This will be Kimura's first time participating in a drama produced overseas. He was offered the role by producer Frank Doelger himself.

'THE SWARM' will be distributed worldwide in 2022.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takuya Kimura to release 2nd album

Takuya Kimura will release his second album "Next Destination" on January 19th, 2022.

The album's title, which Kimura came up with, means heading toward the next destination with hope. He wants to encourage people to overcome the coronavirus disaster and take a new step forward. "We have no choice but to go! Let's aim for the next destination together," he said.

The album will include a new song titled "MOJO DRIVE" which was composed Tatsuro Yamashita and written by Masatoshi Mashima (The Cro-Magnons). Yamashita came up with this song after he attended the Tokyo concert of Kimura's tour 'TAKUYA KIMURA Live Tour 2020 Go with the Flow' in February of last year. As he was working on the song, Yamashita asked Mashima to write its lyrics. Although it was not planned, Yamashita, Mashima, and Kimura were all at the recording studio at the same time, so they recorded the chorus together. In addition to "MOJO DRIVE," there will be another song by Yamashita and Mashima.
ashley juggs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They even came up with a short "making of" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmL54RppWI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 140, 141, 142  Next
Page 141 of 142

Jump to: