jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Byakuyakou. I wish dramas didn't do opening episodes that are almost 2 hours long.

blog
GaimRider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Boku, Unmei no Hito desu

i also watched Cecile no Mokuromi and Bokutachi ga Yarimashita
maxcriden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Started Byakuyakou. I wish dramas didn't do opening episodes that are almost 2 hours long.

*reads plot description*

...That sounds really disturbing. Hope to hear it's well done, though. I like the cast.

GaimRider wrote:
Started Boku, Unmei no Hito desu

i also watched Cecile no Mokuromi and Bokutachi ga Yarimashita

Boku picked up for me a lot as it went on. Though I thought the ending could've been a bit better in one respect.

How were Cecile and Bokutachi? Heard mixed things about both and that the latter has a polarizing ending. (No spoilers please w00t!)
GaimRider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

Boku picked up for me a lot as it went on. Though I thought the ending could've been a bit better in one respect.

How were Cecile and Bokutachi? Heard mixed things about both and that the latter has a polarizing ending. (No spoilers please w00t!)

actually i watched first 2 eps of Boku

Cecile is good. i was watched first 5 episodes. 4 more to go. as for Bokutachi i saw first one. i won't spoiler don't worry, Max
junny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

*reads plot description*

...That sounds really disturbing. Hope to hear it's well done, though. I like the cast.

Not disturbing by my standards.

I suggest you read the original novel by Higashino Keigo.

blog
maxcriden

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

Not disturbing by my standards.

I suggest you read the original novel by Higashino Keigo.

Thanks. Perhaps I misunderstood the description.

-

Can anyone help me figure out if this actor:

in Akira to Akira,

is the same person as this guy -

Riju Go in Keischicho Ikimono Gakari?

Thanks![/img]
junny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ They're different.

Finished Lady Joker, excellent stuff. Started Tenno no Ryoriban, very good so far and it's lovely seeing Sato Takeru back on screen.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since there appears to be a spanner in the works and we're not able to add new dramas to our collections, no point in watching new dramas, watching one from the past, "Tentai Kanzoku".

At least the third time I've watched it, but it's been at least 10 years since the last time, getting a nice nostalgia buzz. 懐かしい!

The thing is, this drama is 15 years old and as far as I can tell, all the actors look just about the same now as they did then. Must be all that tofu.
junny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Tenno no Ryoriban, which was great. Lots of feels and excellent acting.

Started Hello Harinezumi, which is weird. I don't like Eita's hair here. Fukada Kyoko needs to stop getting roles with people who can act.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Fukada Kyoko needs to stop getting roles with people who can act.

I said the same thing about Erika Sawajiri after watching "Haha ni Naru". Maybe Fukada and Sawajiri should do a drama together. OMG
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched "Kono Koe o Kimi ni":http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kono_Koe_wo_Kimi_ni

Takenouchi plays a kind of nerdy professor lacking social skills, but somehow managed to get married to Mimura and have two kids. I'll give them credit for trying something different, but a bunch of people sitting around a table reading out loud just didn't work for me.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Watched "Kono Koe o Kimi ni":http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kono_Koe_wo_Kimi_ni

Takenouchi plays a kind of nerdy professor lacking social skills, but somehow managed to get married to Mimura and have two kids. I'll give them credit for trying something different, but a bunch of people sitting around a table reading out loud just didn't work for me.

Any Eng subs floating around?

I was interested in the drama but it sounds...odd, yeah. Did you stick with it through the whole show? Wondering if it gets better from the pilot.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

I was interested in the drama but it sounds...odd, yeah. Did you stick with it through the whole show? Wondering if it gets better from the pilot.

I always watch them right to the very end no matter how bad they are. I guess I'm just hard headed. Bang Head
GaimRider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

started Minshuu no Teki it might about the politics but it has good cast i like such as Ryoko Shinohara, Yuriko Ishda, Kei Tanaka and Issei Takahashi (that guy from Quartet)

Last edited by GaimRider on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
junny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Halfway through Keiji Yugami, which is fun. So nice to see Asano Tadanobu leading a drama with people who can act.

blog
WhiteHawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Recently watched Beautiful Life. (https://jdorama.com/drama.beautiful-life.36.htm) Yeah, I know, it's an old one. Anyway, now I want to buy a Yamaha TW200.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fuji TV is now broadcasting an adaptation of the Korean crime drama "Signal". It got me to rewatch the Korean version again which I still find exciting to watch. I am not sure if the Japanese cast can portray the emotional burden of the main characters.....they aren't the A-list actors after all.
junny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Two-thirds through Todome no Kiss. A bit weird and repetitive. Araki Yuko is stiff and I don't like watching her, ugh.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched "anone":https://jdorama.com/drama.anone.2424.htm

Pretty good, although it took half the drama to really get into it. Great cast, Eita, Satomi Kobayashi, Sadao Abe, Yuko Tanaka. Maybe I take these things too seriously. The day after I finished it, I went to an ATM and checked the first couple bills to make sure the serial numbers weren't all the same. Bonk
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Byplayers 2":https://www.jdorama.com/drama.byplayers-2-moshimo-meiwakiyaku-ga-tv-tokyo-dora-de-mujinto-seikatsu-shitara.2496.htm

I thought it was even funnier than the first one. Episode 2 was one of the funniest episodes I've seen in any drama. Plus you had various guest stars showing up in every episode. But then, all this was tempered by the fact that it was Ren Osugi's last drama. Puppy Dog Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1362 of 1375

Jump to: