jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Yamaguchi Tomoko
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ashley juggs wrote:
She seems to be slowly but surely working her way back into dramas.

Yup. Last year she was in "Hello Harinezumi" which I have not seen yet but really want to, and the other day I ran across some screencaps for Kimtaku's latest "BG" and I said to myself, "That woman looks like Tomoko Yamaguchi." So checked D-addicts and:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/BG

Sure enough, there she is, guest star for episodes 6 and 7!!

I'm not expecting anything remotely approaching "Long Vacation", it's been 25 years and this is a completely different type of drama, but still, will be good to see them together again. Good
junny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Yup. Last year she was in "Hello Harinezumi" which I have not seen yet but really want to

She was wasted in Hello Harinezumi. The whole drama was meh.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

She was wasted in Hello Harinezumi. The whole drama was meh.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably still watch it eventually. But now I know not to expect too much.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Sure enough, there she is, guest star for episodes 6 and 7!!

Well, she only is in one scene in episode 6, right near the end. But most of episode 7 is about her character, Kimura's ex-wife. I thought it was pretty good.
junny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not drama news, but I was just randomly googling Yamaguchi Tomoko when I came across this article: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/05/21/national/media-national/wrath-awaits-japanese-women-shun-childbearing-destiny/#.WxmbF6kRW-4

I never knew she said something like this, but she's so cool just for saying it.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They just recently did a poll (for people old enough to remember) who the most popular drama actresses of the 1990's were. Not to surprising who came out no.1:

1) Tomoko Yamaguchi

2) Nanako Matsushima

3) Takako Tokiwa

4) Eri Fukatsu

5) Yuki Uchida

6) Emi Wakui

7) Yuriko Ishida

8) Miho Yakayama

9) Kyoko Koizumi

10) Sachiko Sakurai
shin2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
They just recently did a poll (for people old enough to remember) who the most popular drama actresses of the 1990's were. Not to surprising who came out no.1:

1) Tomoko Yamaguchi

2) Nanako Matsushima

3) Takako Tokiwa

4) Eri Fukatsu

5) Yuki Uchida

6) Emi Wakui

7) Yuriko Ishida

8) Miho Yakayama

9) Kyoko Koizumi

10) Sachiko Sakurai

Tomoko Yamaguchi is my favorite leading dorama actress; appeared in several of the best dorama of the 90's.

Of the others on that list, Eri Fukatsu is a terrific actress, both then and now; excellent in both comedic and dramatic roles whether they be in TV or movies. And Emi Wakui is one of my favorite character actresses over the last 20 years.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NHK has announced they will be rerunning the asadora "Jun-chan no Ouenka" beginning on September 27th airing at 4:20 in the afternoon. It originally aired from October 1988 to April 1989.

Tomoko plays the heroine, Junko Ono. The story takes place shortly after the war. Junko's family had been evacuated to Wakayama and her father had gone to Manchuria to fight the war. After returning from the war, Junko's father comes back with a boy named Yuta, abandoned by his mother. The Ono family adopts Yuta.

Other cast includes Masahiro Takashima, Yusuke Kawazu, Yumi Shirakawa, and Toshiaki Karasawa (Tomoko's future husband in real life) as Yuta.

Hopefully, somebody might pick it up and sub it, but even if they don't it will still be interesting to see what Tomoko Yamaguchi was like before she became Tomoko Yamaguchi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: