jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1362, 1363, 1364 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xploring

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Long time since I finished a jdorama.

Just finished Rikuou. Good acting by the entire cast throughout, really bringing all the distinct characters to life. The story moved at a fast pace so it was never boring but I did not find it totally compelling. I was actually drawn more to the racing than all the twists and turns involved in shoe making. The atmosphere feels a bit manufactured at the start but I got used to it. Did not really identified with the traditional values so that probably accounted for my less than full endorsement. Still a very good drama.
bpnchi

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Quite a few but ..... Reply with quote Back to top

....Confidence Man.....Segadon...99.9(2)....Black Pean....Angels in White...Seigi No Se....Signal...Love Rerun..... and many others stilll waiting for English subtitled versions to be put online. My wife and I watch via four main websites (Fastdrama,GoGodramaonline,Gooddrama,Dramago)that often have the same downloads.....but we're at the mercy of people who do this on their own. Are there any other websites that have the whole series downloaded, subtitled and available to watch for free other than what I've mentioned. Or are there other options?? Thanks much.
junny

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Final Cut. Lead actor blah. Two episodes in, keeping expectations low.

blog
Rinrin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished Unnatural will be starting Aibou 16 next.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Quite a few but ..... Reply with quote Back to top

bpnchi wrote:
Are there any other websites that have the whole series downloaded, subtitled and available to watch for free other than what I've mentioned. Or are there other options?? Thanks much.

Kissasian seems popular

https://www1.ondramanice.io/

saw this one too on reddit. oooh, there are subtitles for Naguru Onna.

nyaa.si for raws and d-addicts for subs in case you didn't know already.

How was unnatural? I read that it was really good.
junny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Final Cut, was passable. Lead actor still blah.

Halfway through Rich Man Poor Woman. Oguri Shun is pretty charismatic as Hyuga.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Talking about Tomoko Yamaguchi.

junny wrote:
She was wasted in Hello Harinezumi. The whole drama was meh.

And then I said:
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably still watch it eventually. But now I know not to expect too much.

I did end up watching it. Like junny said, not that great. Tomoko Yamaguchi only got about 5 minutes in each episode until episode 10, she was in that one quite a bit.

Kyoko Fukuda is also in the cast. It used to be that here at JDorama, until Erika Sawajiri came along, she was just about everybody's favorite actress to dislike, but this one isn't her fault. You could have put Machiko Ono or Hikari Mitsushima in her role and it wouldn't have made any difference. Unless you're a hardcore Eita fan, can't really recommend this one.
xploring

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched most of Unnatural but interest waned after the first few episodes, which were really quite good. Feels more formulaic late on.

Have watched first 9 weeks of Hanbun, Aoi so far. Compared with some really good asadoras in the past, this one is a bit underwhelming to be honest. It shines brightest when portraying the mother-daughter bond, some very warm and tender moments which refreshed some of my own memories. Suzume is kind of an adorable baka XD but quite ordinary actually. I think the writer have intentionally portrayed the characters as ordinary people so viewers can easily relate to, as opposed to some past heroines who were exceptionally strong or special in one way or another. Apprenhensive right after Suzume's move to Tokyo, I am really enjoying it again and looking forward to the next episode. The romantic vibe is not especially strong in this one, Nagano Mei and Sato Takeru look good together but haven't really felt like rooting for them as a couple so far.
junny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:

Have watched first 9 weeks of Hanbun, Aoi so far. Compared with some really good asadoras in the past, this one is a bit underwhelming to be honest. It shines brightest when portraying the mother-daughter bond, some very warm and tender moments which refreshed some of my own memories. Suzume is kind of an adorable baka XD but quite ordinary actually. I think the writer have intentionally portrayed the characters as ordinary people so viewers can easily relate to, as opposed to some past heroines who were exceptionally strong or special in one way or another. Apprenhensive right after Suzume's move to Tokyo, I am really enjoying it again and looking forward to the next episode. The romantic vibe is not especially strong in this one, Nagano Mei and Sato Takeru look good together but haven't really felt like rooting for them as a couple so far.

I am following Hanbun, Aoi via photos released by NHK, lol. I have a fair idea of what's going on but haven't started the drama proper. Then this week's pix show Ritsu getting married?! What's going on? Haha. So curious now.

I agree some past asadora heroines were very strong, such as Asa from Asa ga Kita - she is quite fun though. It's nice that Suzume is a relatable heroine. I guess if there is a love line between her and Ritsu, it won't happen until quite late on in the drama.

blog
junny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Hanzai Shokogun, which is quite interesting. Was really pleased to see Watabe Atsuro among the cast, and he's playing a morally grey character, which has me intrigued. And I might actually end up liking Tanihara Shosuke's character for once??

Also started Good Doctor. Yamazaki Kento is a lot more likeable and easier on the eye here than in Todome no Kiss, where he came across as awkward. And finally a good hairstyle for Fujiki Naohito!

Thought about starting Suki na hito ga iru koto, but not sure if I can deal with watching two Yamazaki dramas at the same time.

blog
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kinpika - I am three episodes into the drama and I am still scratching my head , is this a comedy or a romance or a serious drama?? what more can I ask for? there is Kiichi Nakai and Naoko Iijima. Maybe it's a black comedy.
Rinrin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Mikaiketsu No Onna starring Haru & Suzuki Kyoka. Better than I thought it would be, and the characters kind of start to grow on you. Some character guest appearances with Keishichou Sousa Ikkacho 3 which were fun to see.

Now deciding whether to try Signal: Choki Mikaiketsu Jiken Sousahan or Shitsuji Sainoji No Meisuiri. Any recommendations?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Innocent Days:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Innocent_Days

Tsumabuki and Takeuchi were the two main stars but its more about Tsumabuki's character. If you're a fan of his I would recommend it. Lots of flashbacks, jumps around quite a bit. And not a warm, fuzzy ending. A good one line summation of this drama would be, "Dying is easy. Living is hard."
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched "Eerie": http://asianwiki.com/Eerie:_Invisible_Face

Pretty dark and weird even by WOWOW standards. Should have guessed that when Odagiri Joe showed up with a normal hairstyle. Usually it's the other way around.

Also, "Gibo to Musume Blues":http://asianwiki.com/Stepmom_and_Daughter_Blues

The old single parent, in this case Yutaka Takneouchi, gets remarried and kid hates new mother. Just once I would like to hear the kid say, "Dad, I really like my new Mom, my real Mom was such a b-i-atch."

The second half was better than the first half. When it starts out, the kid is 9 years old but after episode 5 they jump 9 years ahead and the kid is now a senior in high school. Got real good ratings, but I thought it was just okay.
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched the first half of Anone. The acting, production, characters are all really good but I was a bit put off by some elements of the plot and couldn't find the motivation to continue. Hirose Suzu is the real deal, I have become a big fan of hers.

Rewatching Naguru Onna now. Watched all but the final episode years ago, really liked it and still do. Looking forward to the final episode.

Episode 5 was great. Why can't they make drama like this anymore...

Finished it. Final episode was a bit ordinary compared with earlier in the series but it was enjoyable and engaging as well.
junny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started both Suits and Legal High, quite different legal dramas. Been a while since I've seen Oda Yuji and he's doing fine in the role. The JUMP boy is a bit green, but not offensive. Sakai Masao is over the top, but makes the character enjoyable. Aragaki Yui can't quite keep up.

blog
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gakkou no Kaidan episode 1-6

Similar to Shida Mirai in Queen's Classroom, Hirose Suzu's impassioned and inspiring speeches at the end of each episode struck a chord in me. They alone made this worth watching. The rest of the drama was nothing special though.
GaimRider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm now watching Legal V not bad. it is opposite of Ryoko Yonekura's other show, Doctor X. Legal V is a law drama while Doctor X is a medical drama
arnel98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was looking for some romance drama but dont know which ones are good so decided on some asadora.
Started Manpuku and I'm hooked Dancing
I just hope they continue to sub the series till completion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Unnatural. Not bad for a first episode, although Iura Arata is just annoying as ever. Ishihara Satomi is an improvement over her spineless role in Rich Man Poor Woman.

Sad that Fukushi Seiji was only in one episode as Ishihara's boyfriend. He deserves a lead role soon.

blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1362, 1363, 1364 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1363 of 1375

Jump to: